It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professors warning against promoting work of straight, white men “white heteromasculinism"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Daniel Cockayne

Research Interests:
Affect
Entrepreneurialism
Venture Capital
Work
sexuality
Economic Geography
Space
cultural geography
digital media
Desire
Deleuze

Our 2nd Looney Toons of the day

Neither list their education though
Hmmm
Ashamed are they ?

edit on 7/17/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

These are professors in academic positions to teach students.

Without the so-called propaganda, they would simply be teaching kids from their own warped perspective and sending those kids out into the public with the same viewpoints and no one would be the wiser.

The fact that there are so many like this in the halls of so-called higher learning should be alarming.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: seasonal

More controlled opposition being trotted out as the normal views of leftists and liberals, despite the fact that these views are not widely held by persons on the left.

Fantastic little propaganda farm the right has access to these days.

Saying all of the left acts this way is wrong the problem is that far left progressive ideas fester in college institutions.

They're the new church, preaching warnings of hellfire except now with identity politics.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Especially with such crippling debt from college institutions and professors spewing political nonsense I'm not sure I can rationally say I want my kids to go to college anymore and risk the brainwashing.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

A Reminder:

This thread is NOT in the Political Mud Pit forum.

No political trolling allowed.

Arguing Left vs Right is fine, but keep the insults and name calling to yourselves while in this thread.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Well thats fine then, surely?

University attendance in the states has been in decline for some significant time, and projections for the next twenty years suggest this trend will continue. This means that in terms of the amount of people actually being accessed by the information being provided by those professors and faculties with which you have a problem, the issue will become rather more moot, not less, as time wears on. With tuition fees climbing, and people from low wage backgrounds having less and less chance of ever actually getting their hands on a university education in ANY field, be it the liberal arts or the sciences, means that although these colleges are promoting ridiculous ideas like segregating constitutionally protected speech to certain areas of a campus, or any other such clearly barmy nonsense, the outcomes of this situation will be affecting a smaller and smaller cross section of the population, year on year.

It certainly won't mean anything to the great majority of people in your country, because most of them will not be able to aspire to go to university in any case, even those who, in this period in history, might have expected to be able to take up the academic pursuits on offer.

The problem, it would seem, is self correcting.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Sorry but when all our most of your peers are of the same political persuasion, you can get awry with all sorts of shenanigans. Just looking at the agw horse #.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Not all do. ...and if I implied otherwise, my apologies.

Doesn't change the fact that some, too many, view these views as the truth of the matter.

I know they're not. So, too, do most of us...however?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

WTF

Scientific method don't GAF about your identity!

Not the scientific "method", but scientific "discoveries" and "inventions" care alot about identity.

Every nation proudly puts forward it's own discoverers and inverntors as examples of that nations superiority.

We still don't know who invented the Radio. Was it Italian Marconi? Was it Russia's Popov? Was it Serbia's Tesla?

What you believe, depends on which nation you identify with.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

So, these professors are admitted racist bigots? I mean, gee, under their "logic", if one uses data compiled by someone non-white, non-male, etc, one is oppressing white males.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
All I can say is....

They have a point. But only where the research would have a predetermined bias based on being a white heterosexual male that would project preformed opinions onto raw data.

IE A study that seeks to validate a negative opinion on sexuality.

I can't see how research on say the validity of the global warming theory would be affected by such things though.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This appears to be a lot of outrage over "2" Scientists who have this opinion and furthermore, they appear to not be totally against any white male scientist.

This would appear to be the work of social justice warriors and special snowflakes in need of safe places?
I think we're all going to be okay if we just move on from this "breaking News"

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: ketsuko

Especially with such crippling debt from college institutions and professors spewing political nonsense I'm not sure I can rationally say I want my kids to go to college anymore and risk the brainwashing.

We already know that we're going to have to move before our son hits high school so we can establish residency in a different state. There is NO WAY we will send him to Mizzou, not after the crazy it's been infected with, and paying out of state tuition is even more burden none of us needs.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
This appears to be a lot of outrage over "2" Scientists who have this opinion and furthermore, they appear to not be totally against any white male scientist.

This would appear to be the work of social justice warriors and special snowflakes in need of safe places?
I think we're all going to be okay if we just move on from this "breaking News"

If it were only these two professors, OK, but this type of story has become an established pattern. Heck, you have an entire college in Everegreen that's stacked top to bottom with this nonsense. It's provided an entire series of stories all it's own, but here you have a link to an interview with a student who has gone on the record about what it's like there.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I don't know.... It seems like they are not saying to NEVER use white scientists' research studies, just not to ONLY use white scientists' studies. Not because white scientists don't do as good a job as minorities, but because white scientists get so much more credit for doing research. In other words, look for and use *some* studies done by minorities to encourage and promote minority participation in science.

I'm not convinced that's such a terrible, horrible, disgusting thing to do.

edit on 17-7-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TrueBrit

These are professors in academic positions to teach students.

Without the so-called propaganda, they would simply be teaching kids from their own warped perspective and sending those kids out into the public with the same viewpoints and no one would be the wiser.

The fact that there are so many like this in the halls of so-called higher learning should be alarming.

I agree, however, I think more credit should be given to students with regard to their autonomy and formulation of opinions.

I went to a very left leaning UC and a lot of my peers regularly laughed at some of the tripe coming from professors.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You are a white male, therefore you are wrong.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Well...

Don't hate them, debate them.

That's what people are like, we attract to each other but seldom like conflict, this basically means that those who can conflict tend to have the most followers.

Most people consider a debate an argument, they get emotionally driven when in one.

Debate these morons, question what you find to be stupidity and when possible have an audience.

You can't beat stupid with silence, although threads like this you could consider raising awareness, it's also a thread of political baiting, trolling if you will.

So like, yeah. Deny ignorance, on any and all sides of the political spectrum (or in places of education).

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I hate to be negative, you can find it to be a disease on the brain if you know what I mean?

Doesn't change the fact that some, too many, view these views as the truth of the matter. 

I know they're not. So, too, do most of us...however?

That is a common theme with pretty much everything on this planet though isn't it? That's the main reason I'm at ATS and have remained here, we get so many angles from so many members. In my early days I seldom posted and used to take hours to even write a post.

I didn't half learn though

But I was probably afraid of being cut down, of being wrong.
See, we never had a problem with originality. You can never knock a conspiracy theorist on being original... Well, I say that, things are changing.

I've seen so many threads about US professors that I too could be tickled pink and believe it's a genuine hard-core problem that is rampant in the USA.

I honestly don't believe it isn't a problem, but that's another matter, as you said many people believe it's a huge problem.

Personally, if I had a kid in uni and in conversation I found out that he/she was being taught extremism in school I'd have their friggin job. The same goes if someone was trying to teach me extremist views.

Professors are just the tip of the iceberg though, we have extremism everywhere in society and just like my early days of ATS one should have the fortitude to challenge said extremism.

I'd consider the constant left/right SJW craziness extremism too, so much we do with a hive like mentality... We stopped calling people sheep then became like them, fact is we should be communicating and stop believing anything in all the aspects of our lives.

I feel like I'm just babbling now but my point was this, communicate and learn, on ATS, with your professors, with your family. Because with a lack of communication whilst belly-washing articles like the one in this OP isn't good for your health.

Extremism. It's dangerous.

We all know misinformed people can go over the edge and that Sir is dreadful.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join