It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professors warning against promoting work of straight, white men “white heteromasculinism"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Looks like research done by those white men should not be looked at because it oppresses diverse voices.

Academics and scholars must be mindful about using research done by only straight, white men, according to two scientists who argued that it oppresses diverse voices and bolsters the status of already privileged and established white male scholars.
www.washingtonpost.com... -system-of-oppression/?utm_term=.dce592cbba9d

Of course using the work of whites (men) promotes the system of oppression that benefits white, male, able bodied.... you get the point.

Geographers Carrie Mott and Daniel Cockayne argued in a recent paper that doing so also perpetuates what they call “white heteromasculinism,” which they defined as a “system of oppression” that benefits only those who are “white, male, able-bodied, economically privileged, heterosexual, and cisgendered.” (Cisgendered describes people whose gender identity matches their birth sex.)

The problem is that when researchers use the work of "white men" , they are ignoring other voices. So it is super cool to accuse a researcher of being a bigot and say go with a non white male though? Odd counter intuitive thinking from the Feminist professors.

Mott, a professor at Rutgers University in New Jersey, and Cockayne, who teaches at the University of Waterloo in Ontario, argued that scholars or researchers disproportionately cite the work of white men, thereby unfairly adding credence to the body of knowledge they offer while ignoring the voices of other groups, like women and black male academics. Although citation seems like a mundane practice, the feminist professors argue that citing someone's work has implications on his or her ability to be hired, get promoted and obtain tenured status, among others.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Behold the new "Jew!" There was a piece published somewhere that said progressive white women should abort their white babies too if they were really the allies of POCs.
edit on 16-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sounds to me that a couple of worn out liberal assed professors are pissed cause they can't get their half assed work published.
So let's take it out on the "white shadow" punching bag.
edit on 16-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So researchers have to put their race and sexual preference on scientific papers.

Authoritarian leftists at it again.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Pfft.

Do your own studies then, have them peer reviewed.

Professors and scholars never last long if they are intellectually dishonest, scientific work and studies, although can be altered to push an agenda, are usually peer reviewed.

For instance, if a scientist released a paper on the potential of using liquid soap as a fuel in combustion engines, and in his paper he paints a doctored image of soap being the next best thing since petroleum, then he is being dishonorable to his profession. Others will study his work and smell that smelly aroma of BS.

The colour of his skin, the direction his tackle rests, his damn sexuality means nothing. NOTHING.

Soap isn't a good fuel for combustion engines, that "scientist" would literally be blowing bubbles out of his rear exhaust.

This is just more sensationalist drivel, that has no bearing or relation to reality.

Science is science.
edit on 16-7-2017 by RAY1990 because: To add

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Correct, the information in the research papers is correct or not depending on the person's sex (anything but white male) and ethnicity (anything but white male).

Simple.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Getting real sick of the leftest idiocy.

But that is OK, keep pouring it on and see how fast you loose working class voters. Guess loosing over a thousand seats wasn't enough of a wake up call for them.

(post by seasonal removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

WTF

Scientific method don't GAF about your identity!

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Oh those pesky old proving a theory into law?

Outdated-"bro"- it is anything but white male. The scientific principle no longer applies, it is about race and sex.

link   

Sounds like that was already a requirement... Doesn't it?

That's a new one on me.

--smdh--

link   
I've also seen pieces about a competing method of "science" that is more experiential and less evidence based. That means anecdotal evidence has weight in that version of "science." It's pushed by people who love to attach themselves to the ideas that the math doesn't bear out.

And there is also a poll about institutions in this country. Over the course of the last two years, Republican confidence in the universities has dropped sharply from over 50% to under 50%. This is since Mizzou and the subsequent campus craziness. Frankly, the universities are becoming known as indoctrination centers rather than places of scholarship and learning.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Apparently, some would have it otherwise.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Sounds like that was already a requirement... Doesn't it?

That's a new one on me.

--smdh--

Gravity, physics, biology, electricity, math all work differently if you're a gay minority.

Everyone knows that.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The only function white people serve in the CTRL-Left dystopia is that of scapegoat--for any and every social ill there is, was, or ever will be.

These people are the biggest racists on the planet and are brainwashing your children into hating themselves.

But don't worry--there's a pill for that. Naturally.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Man, I think I might go back to college and take a few classes just to put these asshats in their place.

The liberal doctrine doesn't stand up to scrutiny. And it would be a joyous occasion to put these professors in their place in front of their students they think they can so easily brainwash.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
The only function white people serve in the CTRL-Left dystopia is that of scapegoat--for any and every social ill there is, was, or ever will be.

These people are the biggest racists on the planet and are brainwashing your children into hating themselves.

But don't worry--there's a pill for that. Naturally.

And pay taxes.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Im so sick of white shaming, Im white, What kind of world are my white grandsons going to inherit?

WHITE LIVES MATTER TOO. No one is better than anyone else, get over it and shut the F up.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Well I'm left-leaning, strongly believe in scientific principles and find this to be absolutely stupid.

I don't identify with idiots like this.

They'll need some divine intervention too if they think such drivel will change how things are done also.

Then again, a fair portion of humanity can willingly believe in a flat earth theory...

Sex, skin colour and sexual orientation have no bearing on scientific principles. I don't care if it's a gay black-caucasain who identifies as a giraffe or a white upper-class professor whom tells me he can levitate and poop 24k gold...

I'll want to see the evidence, I won't believe either of them without it.
edit on 16-7-2017 by RAY1990 because: Spelling

edit on 16-7-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Behold the new "Jew!" There was a piece published somewhere that said progressive white women should abort their white babies too if they were really the allies of POCs.

Yep.

We're the White Rats.

a reply to: RAY1990

If you're white you should be opposed to this BS. Sure they'll tolerate you for now as they need the while liberals to get where they're trying to go, but where they're trying to go there are no whites and you'll be gassed and pushed into the same 100' long trenches with the same bulldozers with the rest of us.

edit on 16-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join