It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London underground tube staff aren't allowed to say 'Ladies and Gentleman' anymore

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: InTheLight

That seems like that is your problem, why are you putting expectations on people?

It's not whether or not it is a problem, it is whether or not one accepts this as a fact of life and social interaction.
You can accept the sun will never rise again, doesn't make it so because you choose to think so. Saying ladies and gentlemen has no expectation.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

That seems like that is your problem, why are you putting expectations on people?

It's not whether or not it is a problem, it is whether or not one accepts this as a fact of life and social interaction.
You can accept the sun will never rise again, doesn't make it so because you choose to think so. Saying ladies and gentlemen has no expectation.

To you obviously not, to me and obviously to this company and it's riders...it does.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

To you obviously not, to me and obviously to this company and it's riders...it does.

Hahahaha. Ladies and Gentlemen the show is about to start.

What expectation does that put on you?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Hahahaha. Ladies and Gentlemen the show is about to start.

What expectation does that put on you?

None, I totally expected this ... because companies are in the please the customer game...cha ching.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

So you admit there are no expectations placed on anyone despite arguing there are. Sounds about right.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

So you admit there are no expectations placed on anyone despite arguing there are. Sounds about right.

No, I admit that now that the company will use more customer-pleasing terminology - no expectations are put on anyone.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

No, I admit that now that the company will use more customer-pleasing terminology - no expectations are put on anyone.
And you admit there never were any expectations, so they are using more snowflake friendly terminology.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

And you admit there never were any expectations, so they are using more snowflake friendly terminology.

More cha-ching for the company terminology (gotta please the majority) is more along the lines of what is happening here.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

More cha-ching for the company terminology (gotta please the majority) is more along the lines of what is happening here.

The majority don't care, it's the snowflake minority

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The majority don't care, it's the snowflake minority

It's business...get used to it.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

a gender neutral terms encompasses all.

and since changing a phrase to something non offensive to people that covers everyone where is the issue?

is it the the matter of catering to minorities that offends?
or that you specifically arent getting anything in return for this change that directly benefits others but not you

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

what are you losing ?

you are offended because you arent getting anything in return from this change ?

fairness would be inclusive of everyone , since its only fair to include everyone since we are all the same species right

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

When has life ever been fair?

Genetic lotto is the start.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

then they can be called tha when someone addresses them specifically but for a company to choose how they address the public its their choice to change to an all inclusive statement that leaves no one out.

and last time I checked its a free market democracy so they can do as they please whether the public like it or not as long as what they say is in good taste and doesnt break any laws , what you or I think about a companies public relations is there business and they want to keep a demographic happy by doing so its their choice.

" Is acceptance of people different from them so offensive to them? "

is it offensive to you that they be accepted by the companies decision to be all inclusive

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I agree life isnt fair , the universe doesnt cater to the individual stars will burn and go supernova whether we have an opinion of it or not!

eletheia asked for fairness and whats not fair about being all inclusive ?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I have to think the saying "we can choose our friends but not our family" has more than one meaning !

would this indicate that because we have come out of nature and no longer compete on an animistic level as the apex predators some of the worst genes are being passed on to new generations and so we are plagued with bad genes ?

for one thing it would maybe indicate why we have so many people in the world who live without thinking outside of their ego and material existence !

then we step into the world of eugenics, do we have a responsibility for the survival of our species to ensure the best genes are passed on , this ventures into some unsavory territory !
Many minds have wondered

edit on 18-7-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
hairless apes is a more fitting description of humans.

I'd settle to be called "Gods Children". Now that would set some people off.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

originally posted by: Lysergic
hairless apes is a more fitting description of humans.

I'd settle to be called "Gods Children". Now that would set some people off.

That would be the perfect replacement for 'Ladies and Gentlemen"..."Attention God's children"...but who would pay attention?
edit on 17CDT09America/Chicago00790931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: XL5

"Hey you I am not a fee evader and I take this as an insult and I'm offended. Stop trying to take my money, my riding the underground keeps the tube staff employed, I'm not a thief, my feelings are hurt ."

Next time I'm in public ( I'm male ) I'll wear a dress and lipstick and go up to some public TV showing the news and smash it. I'm offended when the MSM sprout fake news and their presenters aren't wearing masks. I hate seeing their faces as they try to dump fake news at me. MSM presenter's should be wearing masks. I

l'll scream that I'm non CIS Gender and I'm offended.

We live in a dystopian world and I eagerly await the backlash.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Theres a thread still current ...

Misandrists and misogynists
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why are men always shown as stupid in these ads. Imagine the outrage if the situations were reversed in Ads

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join