It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds , Anyone Playing ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Winner winner chicken dinner !
For the uninitiated Playerunknown's Battlegrounds is a player v player , battle royal , online shooter where up to one hundred players battle it out to be last man / team standing at the end of the game.

For the initiated the question is simple , are you playing and what do you think.

The game has been on my radar for a few weeks now and after watching live streams over the past few days and the announcement of the addition of first person servers I think I'm about ready to take the plunge , been scouting out headsets in preparation and at under £30 it looks worth a purchase ... unless you know better.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I tried it for awhile but found that most of my games was running to stay in the circle. Running, Running, Running = Boring.

edit on 16-7-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I play a bit, though I'm pretty bad at it. Highest I ever got was 8th. It's a great game but you do need a lot of luck: finding good gear, not having the circle appear on the other side of the fricken island, etc. Squads are really good fun. I recommend watching Sl1pg8r on twitch. He generally streams every night and always has a blast playing.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I played it a couple of times but i don't like the modelling and feel of the character. If it was like Call of Duty I would love to play it, but it's not... your character is a lot slower and clumsier to handle.. not a fan of that

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Just ordered my gtx 1080 ti ready to put it through some tests. Will pick it up.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I have been thinking about getting it.
Me and a friend have had H1Z1 since it came out, back when it was sold as 1 game.
Now you have to buy the Just Survive and King of the Kill versions separately.
PU was developed by one of the former Daybreak guys that developed H1Z1, I heard.
I have heard that PU is a lot better than King of the Kill, so that is why I want to check it out.
I have played hundreds of battles in King of the Kill and the best I ever got was 3rd place.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
If online game producers would stop catering to the folks with the 20th Century computers , I may actually try one.
Not till then

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I just bought a 2nd hand PC capable of playing it. Bloody resource hog.

Great concept for a game, but I find i just run run run and die...

after 15 times it got boring.

hopefully I'll get better!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
held this game of at first , until a few friends bought it so i jumped in , i got the game on a Saturday , already won a Duo match the next day, won a bunch of solo games too , but there is a high luck factor , if you do not make it out of your landing site with some proper gear you are dead pretty quick.

If i play solo i choose my battles wisely and often make it to top 10 , won a couple already , but i really like squad or duo games because the gunfights are more intense.

It reminds me of the good old days playing the day Z mod , control and camera wise it is almost a direct copy.

But al the experience does come in handy in PUBG , makes it very easy to read situations , and make tactical decisions to win.

edit on 17-7-2017 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2017 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

I was a big fan of the original OP Flashpoint and Arma , PUBG kinda reminds me of them in looks and from what I've seen it's just as punishing.

Not really a fan of multiplayer games as they mostly seem generic and tailored to console players , PUBG seems to have avoided the BS and gone for a gameplay experience over perks and skills.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Picked up the headset yesterday and got the game today ,£20 in the Green Man sale .... Bargain !
Played 25 rounds and am lovin it , best placings are 6th and 8th so far but that was due more to luck than judgement I think.
No chicken dinner for me yet I feel.

The game is brutal , one occasion I landed on a great house full of good level items , looted it then walked out the door and got a shotgun blast to the head.
Nooooo , I could have been a contender !!!!!!

Practice makes perfect , I'm expecting many more glorious defeats.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Been an official tester of PUBG since october last year. Ive outplayed the game more or less. Just waiting for the new maps to be released and Ill get right back on it. 4 wins in a row Solo is my best achievement. Its the only game that makes me sweat a little. Intense and suspenseful stuff. Fun in duo and squad, but way more serious in Solo.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I can almost sell that chicken dinner , made it to 3rd .... I was robbed.

Damn this game is tense.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

Nice card , just upgraded a couple of days ago to a 1060 which has made all the difference to my PUBG experience.
Still no chicken dinner but a valiant 2nd is my best so far.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

1060 will run most every thing on ultra. For sure no scrub card. I am mostly into overwatch at the moment.
edit on 30-7-2017 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Add me on steam and we'll dine like kings. I've seen you on GTA V

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Fantastic test version update out now. Vehicle handling and sounds improved massivly. Airstrikes/Redzone has also got a ton more ambience...Im shellshocked! New ballistics, as bullets drop damage over distance. Feels like a proper big update. And yea, lets not forget the vaulting and climbing mechanic.

And also, remember to activate kill cam in gameplay settings before going ingame.

new topics

top topics

join