It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how does facebook know things about you if you dont have a facebook account?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

GPS, hometown, school you went to, where you have worked,friends of friends, people that have "checked in" near you.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Your real life friends may have tagged you in pictures on their Facebook. When you signed up it already had your name in the data base due to your friends tagging you in their photos.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Every single situation...links to a hundred more...and each of those link further... and backwards...to them...the location...date...a mention of something or body...and their links, photos, webs, social media....its deep. VERY DEEP.

Search out yourself, your screen names, real name, cities etc...what you find...like you first mentioned...is astonishing....even people and places you dont know....I jsut did...and I got a lot of fixing to do out there. Stuff I never corrected, or closed or deleted...and a few saying they ARE me...(bastards!).

Seriously...be safe...be careful. Stay informed

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
When I was getting out of Facebook, I created a fake profile to search for my deleted information. I used a Yahoo email that I hadn't used on FB. Weeks before using that email I deleted all my email contacts. When I began the process of creating the fake profile I started to agree to finding friends through my email, but stopped and clicked not to use the contact list of the email, the contacts I supposedly no longer had. So this email didn't have my real name, I deleted the contacts, and FB stated they wouldn't use it to find friends.

Well when the new profile was finished and the profile page came up, the first name on the "are these your friends" list
was a person that had been in my email contacts list before it was deleted. Yahoo email and FB both lied because FB accessed the supposedly deleted contact list without me allowing it.

There were other things, but I'm glad I don't have a real profile there anymore. I later made a better faked profile using a brand new email address and totally faked personal information. I suspect that if I used it to find my old information, it could be compromised.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
He knows if you are sleeping
He knows if you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sakes

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I was disturbed by this as well. I found out that they will use the contacts in your phone. They will also use everyone who has your number or email in their phone or computer. When you agree to their terms, you're giving Facebook permission to track pretty much everything you do.

People thing Facebook is free but it's not. They're tracking everything and selling that valuable data to the highest bidder.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Your phone keeps a record of where you have been - the FB algorithms can cross reference your movements with others. So your gas station acquaintance was probably logged in the same place as you on a few occasions... hence the link.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Here's a question - do any of these people have YOU as a phone contact? If so, they could take it from that. I'd ask them. Only thing we can think of here. Creepy, either way. What happened to privacy?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join