It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans prefer Obamacare to GOP replacement by 2 to 1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
These people are poor. They don't have jobs. They would love to have medicaid paid by the rich. Some don't just want, they need. Also, a lot of people who have pre existing conditions are covered under Obamacare. It's a shame GOP wants to take these away from these poor people. All they do is funnel money to the military industrial complex. 100 million for a plane. Ye f right. Bunch of bloodsuckers. Haven't they sucked enough blood from the poor?

www.washingtonpost.com... 2be4a

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I don't believe in the poll...Obama put so many many MILLIONS of people on food stamps, and you call the GOP blood suckers? Get real bro.

edit on 16-7-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

If you only ask the people who want free coverage at the expense of those who are paying more to cover those who get it for nothing - sure you are going to get the result you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It's fairly understandable. The GOP replacement for Obamacare takes all the bad things of Obamacare (a GOP style corporate welfare scheme to begin with) and makes them worse.

Maybe one day those across the pond will finally realise the many benefits of universal healthcare and end the ghoulish dominance that the parasitic insurance industry has over their health.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think most Americans do not know the differences yet, it's still changing.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

I don't believe in the poll...Obama put so many many MILLIONS of people on food stamps, and you call the GOP blood suckers? Get real bro.

When you can't defend an atrocious GOP plan, you scream "FAKE NEWS". LOL Now you can post any poll that shows Obamacare is more popular than the GOP plan but screams of "FAKE NEWS" will engulf the thread but post a poll that proves their bias and it will hailed as "REAL NEWS".

But just for S**ts and giggles, here are some more polls and you will notice that even Fox shows Obamacare is more popular.

Public Approval of Health Care Law

I have always wondered why the poor GOP constituents cheer for major tax cuts to the rich when it is they who will suffer?

Why do they continue to vote against themselves?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If the GOP wants to keep their majority in the house and senate they better jump on single payer or expect to be retired in 18....believe me.

And this Russian thing isn't helping....

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

If you only ask the people who want free coverage at the expense of those who are paying more to cover those who get it for nothing - sure you are going to get the result you are talking about.

It boils down to people wanting better healthcare for themselves and the people they love. At least that's my story.

I'm self-employed, in my 40s, and pay full price for my plan on the exchange. And I'm happy with that. I don't have to worry about health insurance or being locked into a job just to have insurance. Pre-existing conditions and all that. I lived the golden handcuffs corporate life for 20 years, and I say good riddance.

The other thing I like about the exchange is that the pricing and benefits are transparent. I don't have to worry about working with insurance brokers and looking through every policy with a fine tooth comb. About the only research I do now is making sure my doctor is covered. And twenty minutes later, I'm covered for the next year.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Because it's the Washington Post, I know that either:

1. The poll is fake
or
2. The Title is fake

Based on the opening lines from AllSee4Eye, it's certain that THE TITLE OF THIS ATS THREAD IS MISLEADING. (To put it mildly)

WHY?

Because only 18 million (out of 300 million) Americans are "on" ObamaCare. (Medicaid or Private)

The "Majority of Americans" pay in to funding ObamaCare on some level, but they do not benefit from it.

Watch when the fake CBO score comes out this week. It will show more people losing ObamaCare than are on ObamaCare. Why? Because the CBO predicted that 40 million Americans would be enrolled by 2017, and they can't adjust that number to reality without destroying their whole screwy Ponzi of predictions. Keep that in mind when they say that 15 million will lose ObamaCare in 2018 alone.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
It's fairly understandable. The GOP replacement for Obamacare takes all the bad things of Obamacare (a GOP style corporate welfare scheme to begin with) and makes them worse.

Maybe one day those across the pond will finally realise the many benefits of universal healthcare and end the ghoulish dominance that the parasitic insurance industry has over their health.

for all the mishandling and underfunding the nhs receives, for all the scare stories and even with jeremy hunt in charge, our nhs looks utopian compared to the orwellian nightmares americans keep lumbering themselves with.

clement attlee and nye bevan, where would they stand in america's left right spectrum?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
These people are poor. They don't have jobs. They would love to have medicaid paid by the rich. Some don't just want, they need. Also, a lot of people who have pre existing conditions are covered under Obamacare. It's a shame GOP wants to take these away from these poor people. All they do is funnel money to the military industrial complex. 100 million for a plane. Ye f right. Bunch of bloodsuckers. Haven't they sucked enough blood from the poor?

www.washingtonpost.com... 2be4a

BS

We are middle class. We are not poor. We pay taxes.

Your characterization of people is highly prejudiced and fundamentally wrong.

Our family MUST use the "Individual Insurance Market" which the GOP will destroy with this horrible attempt at making a massive tax cut for the already rich 1% look like a "healthcare plan for America" after PURPOSELY forcing premiums to rise under the ACA as well as causing such uncertainty that insurance companies leave the market.

What the GOP wants to do would also raise premiums across the board for people with both private insurance and employer based plans.

Finally, they encourage junk plans that are not even considered "coverage" for the purposes of pre-existing conditions. So if a healthy person buys a cheap junk plan and then is diagnosed with cancer, well too bad you have to wait 6 months to be able to purchase a plan that actually covers your treatment. Six months = death by waiting, or bankruptcy unless someone is independently wealthy.

Wake up. The GOP plan SUCKS. This isn't about "liberal tears" or "poor people want free stuff" - it IS about crappy coverage and horrible for older people (50 - 65 pre-Medicare) and sick people whose premiums and deductibles will be much higher than they are now.

The Cruz Amendment will crash the whole system, according to the insurance industry.

Finally, Medicaid for poor and DISABLED and VETS (who are often supplemented with Medicaid beyond their military VA benefits) and ELDERLY (whose nursing home care is often paid through Medicaid once they've outlived their fortunes) will have their benefits cut severely.

This will kill people. This will effect most everyone or every family at some point.

It is madness.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Because it's the Washington Post, I know that either:

1. The poll is fake
or
2. The Title is fake

Based on the opening lines from AllSee4Eye, it's certain that THE TITLE OF THIS ATS THREAD IS MISLEADING. (To put it mildly)

WHY?

Because only 18 million (out of 300 million) Americans are "on" ObamaCare. (Medicaid or Private)

The "Majority of Americans" pay in to funding ObamaCare on some level, but they do not benefit from it.

Watch when the fake CBO score comes out this week. It will show more people losing ObamaCare than are on ObamaCare. Why? Because the CBO predicted that 40 million Americans would be enrolled by 2017, and they can't adjust that number to reality without destroying their whole screwy Ponzi of predictions. Keep that in mind when they say that 15 million will lose ObamaCare in 2018 alone.

This is extremely misleading.

EVERYONE benefits from no pre-existing conditions, and minimum standards of care.

The GOP bill will negatively impact people with employer based plans as well.

And Medicaid cuts will not just hurt "poor" people but people who are medically fragile, disabled, and the elderly.

Their plan simply sucks.

The ACA has issues, no doubt about that. But the GOP plan is disasterous on so many levels it boggles the mind.

Say hello to crappy plans that make you wait six months to get actual coverage if you get sick (fake coverage - oh boy!) and higher premiums, more medical Bankruptcies and people being priced out of the insurance market because they are sick or older or both.

People will die unnecessarily from this steaming pile they call "healthcare" - it is a farce and an insult to the American people.

Did I mention the rural hospitals that will close because of this? The ACA helps with that too! And the Children's Hospitals - they will be hit hard! There are all kinds of things that stabilize the entire health industry in the ACA that will get flushed.

And millions of jobs will be lost. That's part of the analysis of this crap-fest anti-healthcare bill.

Don't make this a left-right issue. Just look at the devestation this plan will cause, all to give tax breaks to rich entitled people and gut "entitlement" programs that work.

On a personal note, when the government is actively trying to make it so you can't take care of your medically fragile and/or special needs child, and your child could die because of it, you kind of want to fight against the bad legislation they want to ram through because tax cuts. That is my reality.

edit on 16-7-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

"Our family MUST use the "Individual Insurance Market" which the GOP will destroy with this horrible attempt at making a massive tax cut for the already rich 1% look like a "healthcare plan for America""

Rand Paul is against the Bill because he says all the taxes and regulations of Obamacare are still in place. Why are you right, and he is wrong?

"What the GOP wants to do would also raise premiums across the board for people with both private insurance and employer based plans."

How will it do that?

"Finally, they encourage junk plans that are not even considered "coverage" for the purposes of pre-existing conditions."

What part of the Bill does that?

"The Cruz Amendment will crash the whole system, according to the insurance industry. "

How will it do that?

"Finally, Medicaid for poor and DISABLED and VETS...will have their benefits cut severely."

What part of the Bill does that? How much will be cut?

You make a lot of big general statements, and you may very well be right, but the actual details and wording of the Bill would help to solidify your argument.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

"The GOP bill will negatively impact people with employer based plans as well."

How so?

"Did I mention the rural hospitals that will close because of this? The ACA helps with that too!"

How does it do that?

"There are all kinds of things that stabilize the entire health industry in the ACA that will get flushed."

What kind of things?

"And millions of jobs will be lost."

Millions? How will that happen?

You might be right on all accounts, but with no information given, it's hard to validate. I mean what if someone claims this Bill will be better than the ACA, decreases prices, gives more options and access, will create millions of jobs etc. If they don't give information on how this is going to happen, where in the Bill these things are addressed, there's no way to know whether it is true or not.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Ugh. Well for starters, all the protections are not carried over. 50+ folks and sick people can be charged WAY more than they can under the ACA.

The cheap junk plans will appeal to young healthy folks and that makes sick and older people have to pay even more because the pools will be split between healthy/young and sick/old.

Insurance rates for both individual and employer plans will go up.

If someone has a junk plan and gets sick, their insurance will not really cover it. It will cause bankruptcy and death.

Here is a link to a side by side comparison of the ACA vs GOP Plan.

Please look at the data and analysis yourself and see what you think.

Analysis

Insurance companies and wealthy people receive tax cuts from the law still. There are a couple of taxes still in place.

There are subsidies but far less of them and a lower cut off for receiving them. There is a token amount for the opioid crisis that won't do too much and while sick people can't be automatically charged more it would be possible for companies to reinstate lifetime caps again, also older people can be charged as much as 5 times what younger people are charged, which is much higher than the ACA.

So, healthy people can buy illusory security for less, but if they get sick they will need to wait six months to purchase a plan that will cover them assuming they don't lapse fore than 63 days in their coverage or it will be a pre-existing condition and they will not be covered for it. (Note: this keeps changing - not sure where current law stands - this has changed sonsee below for current info. I'm leaving my mistake here as pre-existing conditions are still a concern. )

Cuts to Medicaid are a massive part of this bill.

Please look at the article I posted. It is recent. Earlier versions had more pre-existing condition protections than the current version.

ETA: Job losses
Business Insider
Over a million in 10 years. So not millions. I got that from a previous incarnation of the bill. How does that happen?

The health industry gained jobs under the ACA through hospital expansions and the higher level of people with quality insurance seeking care. These gains are projected to become losses when the factors that drove the increase are removed.

Also, Congress has exempted themselves from their own legislation. I leave you with that thought.

NOTE: the current iteration on pre-existing conditions - the discrimination is hidden in the bill and will negatively impact people with pre existing conditions.
Impact on Pre-Existing Conditions - current

insurers will offer skinny plans with less coverage that falls far short of the needs of those with serious health conditions. This is how it used to work: Before the Affordable Care Act, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Department of Health and Human Services, almost one in 10 Americans in the individual market didn’t have coverage for prescription drugs.

Young and healthy people will opt for those plans, leaving those with pre-existing conditions in their own, much more costly, market. In the end, the effect is the same as if companies could just outright discriminate against those with serious health problems.

ETA: Ten nessee Hospital Association- against Senate healthcare bill

NASHVILLE — In a state where nine rural hospitals have closed or dramatically curtailed services over the past four years, the head of the Tennessee Hospital Association fears more trouble lies ahead under proposed federal Medicaid cuts contained in plans to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

THA President Craig Becker said hospitals in the state, especially rural facilities, were already hit by Tennessee officials' refusal to expand Medicaid under Obamacare.

And now proposed spending cuts in both U.S. Senate and House GOP proposals threaten to hit basic Medicaid heavily in efforts to largely repeal and replace former President Barack Obama's signature 2010 health care law.

edit on 16-7-2017 by AboveBoard because: Several additions and notes added

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

It's true. All of it. The "replacement" will cause many elderly and impoverished to die. Give that a couple years before conservatives who voted for it start getting killed by men who's wives and kids are dying, especially by the hands of those who voted for Trump.

I'm with Trump on his original campaign promise of Medicaid for all who need it (remember? the "if my plan doesn't cover it, the government will"?)

Unfortunately, it was all lies. It will cost those who vote for it if it passes.

ps edit - By the way, I predicted last year that, if Trump gets assassinated by somebody, it will be a former die-hard Trump supporter.
edit on 16-7-2017 by Abysha because: added stuffs... ps and what not and other stuffs

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
americans love obamacare so much they keep voting for people to get rid of it.

yeah sure.

its all BS. Poll all you want. You want a real indicator look at elections.

Psyops bologna.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Well when he said this.....

I would have voted for him If he was telling the truth but he has lied.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Bullsnit...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

FYI the real bloodsuckers are the Malpractice Insurance co. , the Malpractice Trial Lawyers and the Prescription Drug Cartels.... get real and stop being delusional.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join