It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain surgery might delayObamacare vote

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
He went through a surgery to remove a blood clot above his left eye. He's rich. This surgery was not funded by Obamacare. However, if GOP does the vote next week, McCain would not be there to cast his vote. So it seem they will delay the vote for a week or so.

Sen. John McCain underwent surgery to remove a blood clot above his left eye and will stay in Arizona to recover next week – denying Republicans a key vote in their push to repeal Obamacare, where the GOP already has no room for error.

Republican leaders want to hold a procedural vote to launch debate on its health care plan next week, with Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn telling the Associated Press that he expected the chamber to vote to take up its bill on “Tuesday night or Wednesday at the latest.”

In a statement released by McCain’s office, the Mayo Clinic said surgeons removed a blood clot from above the senator’s left eye during a procedure on Friday at its hospital in Phoenix. “Senator McCain received excellent treatment at Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix, and appreciates the tremendous professionalism and care by its doctors and staff,” McCain’s office said in a statement Saturday night. “He is in good spirits and recovering comfortably at home with his family. On the advice of his doctors, Senator McCain will be recovering in Arizona next week.”

www.politico.com...
edit on 16-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I have a friend that had a blood clot in one of her eyes and she was only 32, she knew something was wrong when she had a bad headache and went temporarily blind on her eye, rush to the ER where they found what was wrong she was on sorelto for a year.

I hope McCain recuperates with no problems.

I wonder if he went blind on his eye too.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
This surgery was not funded by Obamacare.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Is that their excuse to delay some more? McCain is ill?

Real Healthcare is only available for people that can afford it.

As far as McCain, he's a frankenstein monster like Cheney, there are leagues of angels there to bear them up lest they dash a toe on a rock.

As far as better heatlh care for people that need it, they will figure out how to delay improving that till the clouds part and the second coming comes.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Im glad it is delayed, because the bill sucks, Until it is worthy it should not pass. It needs to be done right and not rushed. Obamacare was rushed and we all know what happen there.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy

Im glad it is delayed, because the bill sucks, Until it is worthy it should not pass. It needs to be done right and not rushed. Obamacare was rushed and we all know what happen there.

The comparison I try to make is health care vs. defense spending. They got trillions for defense, pass Omnibus packages in a heart beat, hardly any debate, press conferences or 'delays', all voting one way together, quickly.

When its something for the people like healthcare for instance, then its delay delay delay, arguing across the isle, multi press conferences, blah blah...

You just took the red pill.
edit on 16-7-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Military spending= Huge profits

A good Medical bill passes=loss of $$$ to "big medical"

Nothing will get done until we start to see massive hospital shut downs because of people just not paying medical insurance because of cost and how crappy it is. In other words a crash in medical. then and only then will we see a change.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hahahaha! Mayo only accepts patients with great insurance-no medicaid patients or even self-pay patients allowed! He got the best treatment- for sure better than most Americans and especially the Arizonans! He knew where to go and how to get it-most Americans will never have that priviledge.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So it will at least be a couple a weeks until the bill is voted on...

I wonder how much 'fixing' they can do betwee now and then?

I hope a lot. I hate to see this rushed as Skorpy said.

peace

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Quite frankly all politicians should be forced to US state education and state hospitals as well as have one relative in the military, enlisted.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

i agree with what you say but i would add, those that avoided military service should not be allowed to greenlight certain military actions.
not just having a go at trumps draft dodging exploits, but had obama, bush jr and clinton seen front line action they may not have sent so many off to die.

same would go for my own country, cough tony blair cough.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Mccain did this on purpose to delay the vote until after the recess.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

As I said yesterday in a related thread, McCain's surgery is a welcome interruption for McConnell. Now, he gets to delay the ObamaCare repeal-replace vote for a week. By then, the CBO will have fed the liberal Democrat and MSM piranhas what they need, to finish grinding Republican senators to Jello.

Even President Trump will be powerless with these imbeciles, because 1.) Republican Senators are part of "The Swamp". and 2.) They have more dedication to lobbyists than they do to U.S. citizens.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: yuppa

Even President Trump will be powerless with these imbeciles, because 1.) Republican Senators are part of "The Swamp". and 2.) They have more dedication to lobbyists than they do to U.S. citizens.

Amen, the big pharma barons along with the health are business of insurance had spread their greedy bastardly wins over Washington political rats for years.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I like that "convenient" word. When I first saw this news that's exactly the word that popped into my head. "Convenient" for McConnell, sure; but mostly for McCain himself, as some big news is about to hit MSM.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict his "delay" back to the Senate may "conveniently" be further delayed. He may never return except to testify.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Dumb move to repeal-replace Obamacare in just a few months. If it were up to me, I would work on a new plan and let the current once collapse under it's own weight. If left as is, I doubt Obamacare would go for more than two years. By then, Republicans can say, "I told you so" and come in like a knight on a white horse with a new plan. Time it just right for 2020.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

"Let them eat cake"

John McCain

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Hahahaha! Mayo only accepts patients with great insurance-no medicaid patients or even self-pay patients allowed! He got the best treatment- for sure better than most Americans and especially the Arizonans! He knew where to go and how to get it-most Americans will never have that priviledge.

Someone lied to you about that exclusivity. It's not just the wealthy who receive care there. They also have a charity fund, like every other health system in the country. Probably get self payers in sooner, also like every other health system, but they treat people from all walks of life at their centers.

here

What's worse than seeing silly things like that being spread about is the apparent lack of regard for the guy with the blood clot displayed in the source article there. He "denied" them their vote. With his pesky, inconvenient surgery. My god. Really?? All I can do is laugh. Wtf...

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: annabanana
a reply to: carewemust

I like that "convenient" word. When I first saw this news that's exactly the word that popped into my head. "Convenient" for McConnell, sure; but mostly for McCain himself, as some big news is about to hit MSM.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict his "delay" back to the Senate may "conveniently" be further delayed. He may never return except to testify.

Medical professionals are (cautiously) saying that John McCain's condition is worse than what he is admitting to...

""A craniotomy is an opening of the skull, and an eyebrow incision would be used to reach a clot in or near the left frontal lobes of the brain, neurosurgeons who were not involved in Mr. McCain’s care said.

Usually, a blood clot in this area would be a very concerning issue,” said Dr. Nrupen Baxi, an assistant professor of neurosurgery at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City.

He added, “The recovery time from a craniotomy is usually a few weeks — at least a week or two.”

But many questions have been left unanswered, including whether Mr. McCain had symptoms that prompted doctors to look for the clot. In June, his somewhat confused questioning of James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, led to concerns about his mental status, which he later jokingly dismissed by saying he had stayed up too late watching baseball the night before.

“Usually, a blood clot like this is discovered when patients have symptoms, whether it’s a seizure or headaches or weakness or speech difficulties,” Dr. Baxi said. “Generally, it’s not found on a routine physical because doctors would not know to look for it.”

The cause of the clot has not been disclosed. The possibilities include a fall or a blow to the head, a stroke or certain brain changes associated with aging. Mr. McCain is 80.""

Additional Info At: www.msn.com...

WHATEVER is going to be done to fix ObamaCare, or deploy a new system, it needs to be done without McCain's involvement, because MANDATORY action is needed ASAP.. (Unless a Senator can vote electronically. This is 2017.)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I know from experience-been there with my parents on several occasions and recently tried to help an uninsured needy relative-they turned her down. I know from whence I speak. Other hospitals, of high quality, eventually accepted her but not Mayo-so much for their charity-they never once mentioned a charity fund and my aunt was desperate. Maybe that charity is for special people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join