It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Trump have Dementia?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
I find it funny that we're supposed to discuss an opinion made by someone who's been on a lot of courses about the subject, so apparently, he's an expert.

Jesus

No more funny than I find it that the greatest support for President Trump via the echo chamber here seems to come from unaffected parties outside the US.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Man, from Libtards to Butthurt to Crybabies.... will it ever end...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Look at the threads during the election very very telling.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: alphabetaone

Look at the threads during the election very very telling.

Well, i'll be the first to admit, during the election (as ive said here countless times before) I supported Donald Trump...I thought that there was no way that his nonsensical sense of only self and ridiculous rantings disparaging other people would give way to a more serious, and more focused, and a more level-headed persona in the face of 300+ million constituents. I'm not so small a person that I cant admit I was wrong about that. Hillary, IMO, was a far worse choice. Donald Trump had the right message, he is simply the wrong messenger.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why should I address anything in your OP, as even you admit that you're no expert about this?

This whole thread is just a speculation, based on a couple of cut off videos and that's it.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoEpic

Why do you keep picking on Trump?

Surely it is more likely Hilary has dementia as she keeps forgetting everything - classified information, what symbols mean etc

Trump has his faults but whatever that are it's far better that he is the president than Hilary. I just wish he had put her in jail!
For the record I thought Bill was a great president, it's not about party lines.

he can't put her in jail...do you have a clue as to how our laws work?....I don't think so

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
russia created dementia

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Final Thoughts.

Does Trump have Alzheimer’s? The question at the heart of this thread, honestly I don't know, what I do think is that its entirely possible and might be one reason for his behaviours.

Interesting, and a question that's been asked before. As much as I dislike him, I'm not ready to leap in with a conclusion.

His use of language bothers me as does his inability to follow through with a thought. He seems very reluctant to learn, though this may simply be personality traits and not evidence of a huge decline.

You didn't mention rages, but this is also a sign of impairment.

One common thing that happens to every single one of us as we age is a thinning of the gray matter and TIAs (transient ischemic attacks) that may kill off tiny areas of the brain but that seem to have no immediate impact. As I age, I'm aware of how much more slowly I learn things and how hard it is to focus sometimes... though whether this is environment or aging process is hard to say.

The linguistic changes are interesting and I'll go read the blog to see how gradual they are.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
.I thought that there was no way that his nonsensical sense of only self and ridiculous rantings disparaging other people would give way to a more serious, and more focused, and a more level-headed persona in the face of 300+ million constituents.

His only real changes are when he's reading prepared material. When he's "just speaking" he is quite unfocused and has an extremely simple vocabulary.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Sure. It all started after he colluded with the Russians to steal the elections from Hillary.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
There is something wrong with him, I think it's a personality disorder, mixing with the early stages of dementia.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

You're right.

In my mind though, I was hoping it was a charade or least if it wasn't, that he would attempt language that didn't make him sound like a fifth grader, as well as having at least the cognizance of who to turn to for proper advice. Clearly that was too much to hope for.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I didn't like people diagnosing Hillary Clinton and I don't like people diagnosing Trump either. We shouldn't be encouraging armchair diagnoses. Not when it can so easily be taken out of context.

That's just my opinion.
edit on 7/17/2017 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: Byrd

You're right.

In my mind though, I was hoping it was a charade or least if it wasn't, that he would attempt language that didn't make him sound like a fifth grader, as well as having at least the cognizance of who to turn to for proper advice. Clearly that was too much to hope for.

If you run a Flesch-Kincaide score on his tweets, you will find that he's tweeting at a much lower score than Pence, Rubio, and others in the government.

For instance

Republicans should just REPEAL failing ObamaCare now & work on a new Healthcare Plan that will start from a clean slate. Dems will join in!

... is written at an 8th grade level

Compare that with the latest Mike Pence

Packed house at Mavericks Conference discussing @realDonaldTrump agenda to #MAGA! Group focused on next gen leaders

...which is at a 12th grade level.

Even Ted Cruz (absolutely loathe the guy... and I'm saying this as a Texan) consistently scores in the 11th-12th grade range

This is a cause that Republicans and Democrats alike, and the world, should honor:
(though this short tweet is only a 10th grade level.

The results from direct transcripts of conversations are even more troubling in their lack of focus and repetitions (as though he's lost track of what his point was.)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Don't insinuate 'things' :-) like that. It's simply not fair. Even if -only by coincidence- you are right.
You also could say 'Trump is a genius'. He seems confused but in the mean time he's thinking about more serious problems. He undoubtedly has a sky high IQ. A president has an enormous pressure on him which changes his behaviour. And the man is 71 years old. Everything goes slower as we age. What would you expect? Anyway to me he does act and talks like a 5 year younger person. By the way I think 55 is the best age to become president of the world. Because age does matter in about everyting we are doing.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: zandra

By the way I think 55 is the best age to become president of the world.

Emmm... you do know he is not the president of the world right??

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Not Trump, but look at the liberals and democrats. Hillary and Bill can make million from book deals, but cannot remember a ting in front of congress. Rice same way. Obama and his crew, same thing. Carter was the same way years ago...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with speculation when it comes to the health of the president. I give you a star and flag for this post actually because I've thought there was something wrong with him for a while now.

I'm no expert, but my mother in law has dementia and an aunt has alzheimers. Trumps behavior is alarming at times, especially coupled with his level of speech.

Sad thing is we'll never know the truth. It will be hushed up for as long as possible. It's the way the government works.

One last thing. Quit throwing in stuff about Hillary. This topic is not about her. It's about Trump. It doesn't matter now what her health is like since she isn't the leader of the free world. Regrettably, that would be Trump. Not a fan of either, but Trump scares me with his narcissistic personality, loud mouth, and complete lack of couth and diplomacy.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: proloz
complete lack of couth and diplomacy.

Posted this in a Mud-Pit thread. but it deserves to be posted here also.

It shows Trump giving an obscene gesture at a highly important social event, the G20 Dinner. Lack of situational awareness? Would he have done this in his younger days??

Trump signals Putin at G20 Dinner

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join