It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Trump have Dementia?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Definitely not his own personal physician - Trump could pay him to say whatever he wants. Should be a doctor appointed by Congress. There are standard tests for dementia/Alzheimer's that wouldn't require a doctor familiar with Trump.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
My honest opinion, trump looks bored or bothered by the job hes supposed to be doing.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Nice job OSOTC, and very well written and researched. I have several clients I transport 4-5 times weekly with dementia to dialysis via EMS.

Dementia can be extreme and subtle..or overt and underlying just below what is considered normal...and that can place some people within the demographic of just average though "a little off" or "confused". Much of the time? It can be hard to tell the difference between it and normalcy...often going un-diagnosed and untreated as in the analogy you expressed like "Oh, that's just old uncle Dave's sense of humor" etc...

Personally and professionally speaking from experience? I'd say Mr. Trump fits much of the criteria and overt indicators as he exhibits many of them...as well as subtle signs he exhibits of possibly developing either one. This makes diagnosis at times difficult...and can go untreated for years.

I have no idea whether or not...symptoms he exhibits with proven traits of both diseases...that Mr. Trump does or doesn't...but that I'm perceiving those signs definitively from him daily in the news.

Again OSOTC...you did a great job with this thread.

MS
EMT/ERT
ADLS

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think that the jury is still out on dementia, although frankly his behaviour has seen a significant change over the past few years. I do however think that Trump has been pathetically unprepared for the nature of the job. He certainly seems to tire easily, not understand the nature of diplomacy and give confused answers to questions. How many positions remain unfilled in his administration?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I am sure that a personal physician could be paid, but all presidents get a physical and the results are available.

I believe that Trumps biggest concern was that he is on the border of been considered overweight at 6'3" and 236 pounds.

Now while Reagan was not diagnosed with Alzheimer until 6 years after he finished his last term, the family and his son said that he had the signs of the diseases while he was still in office.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

Disease doesn't always present exactly the same from one person to the next. You can't use one example as evidence for or against trump being ill.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Wanna scare yourself listen to this radio lab that asks the question:

What happens if the president goes crazy and tells them to launch nukes unprovoked???

It's terrifying..

www.radiolab.org...
edit on 16-7-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

He's 71.
And he looks like the office is already affecting him. Along with all the scandal.
He looks exhausted to me. Worn out. Even from clips during the campaign just a few months ago you can see the difference.
I dont know about him having dementia. He suffers from being a scum bag that much I do know and there's no cure for that. He's a prick and there's no cure for that and he's conceited and bragadocious and there's no cure for that either.
His disorders as far as I can tell are purely mental. Not physiological.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SoEpic

Come on. He makes it so easy.
There's nothing wrong with Hillary.
You guys always fall back on attacking poor Hills every time someone starts a thread about trump.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Now if we take a moment to compare Trumps speech patters of 20 years ago to his recent speeches there is a noticeable decline in all aspects of linguistic ability.

His rhetoric is the same but his delivery is totally different if you compare to this video.

look at what he says in this short clip, look at how often he uses the word "thing" or variants thereof, look how simplistic his language has become and look at how he struggles to explain the concept of uranium. Now you could argue that this has been cherry picked, however this really quite typical of Trumps spontaneous speech patters. He usually uses words repeatedly, words like "win", "things", "unbelievable", "people" and so on, its simplistic and it shows a decline in his linguistic abilities when compared to twenty years ago.

Take this snowflake!

BTW...Trump can talk business no problem...he is not a politician. He is also not a Uranium expert that could talk about it's half life and isotope crap that goes along with it.

There is a lot on one's mind when leading a country. You think anyone can remember EVERYTHING they see, hear, or read? I wouldn't doubt he is lost for words here and there. He is more comfortable talking about world economics than some politics crap.

Trump is here to fix the economy of the US. And you have FAKE NEWS media, and others, CONSTANTLY attacking him, maybe he is a little on edge at the moment. He is getting hit pretty hard and maybe it is wearing on him who knows.

But Alzheimers? Dementia? Nah...just fatigue.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Like most older people, Trump has his "clear days" when his thinking is fine, and his "foggy days" when he gets easily confused.

Let's just hope he is never near the red button when his mind is in the fog.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Totally agree.

You got these idiots convinced something is up so they poke and poke.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Imo, politicians play dumb on purpose so we scoff at them then pay no further mind.

They snicker under their breath, now free to wreak more havoc upon the world.

"They're all a bunch of idiots (changes channel)".

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Its fine if you disagree with me.

As I have said throughout that without a actually formal diagnosis, despite showing some symptoms there, it is impossible to say for sure that Trump is suffering any kind of cognitive decline.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The uranium deal is reported.. not confirmed..

Trump colluding with Russia is confirmed .. by Jr himself..

Confirmed >Reported all day long.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Nice layout of your argument.

Now if we take a moment to compare Trumps speech patters of 20 years ago to his recent speeches there is a noticeable decline in all aspects of linguistic ability.

This is one of the things that has bothered me the most about Trump since his campaign began - and I made this same point in another thread - his total and consistent inability to go in depth on virtually any subject. If he could put together a cogent argument for why exactly repeal and replace is needed, why a giant wall is needed, or why it was so good to pull out of the Paris Accord, I might respect him a little more (or at all, I guess) - but "it's going to be great and it's going to help a lot of people", "they're pouring over our border", "it's a bad deal" just don't quite cut it. If anyone, in all seriousness, can point me to a video (or audio) of Trump going in depth on a subject within the last 12 months or so, I would surely love to hear it.

As to the OP, it seems quite plausible to me that some form of dementia could explain the above.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: marg6043

Definitely not his own personal physician - Trump could pay him to say whatever he wants. Should be a doctor appointed by Congress. There are standard tests for dementia/Alzheimer's that wouldn't require a doctor familiar with Trump.

I think to expand on your comment its worth remembering that all we know for sure regarding the health of Trump comes from that four paragraph note that his doctor wrote. There is actually nothing that has been released officially that would debunk the hypothesis that Trump has dementia. If you think about it, it would be quite easy to put it to bed by disclosing further medical records.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
republicans voted reagan back in when it was apparent to the world you couldn't trust him to hold a cup of coffee but hey mondale and russia.

at least republicans have stripped trump of important decisions like allowing a known russian spy house to reopen, oh wait.

daily mail i know but trump says their truthful.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin Drumph and I were born only a few days apart. We are the same age. Alzheimers or not, being 70 is not like being 40 or 60. Words get lost easily. Thought strings get broken and get lost and the ability to speak to an issue without lapsing into rhetoric and established mental mantras is more and more difficult.

Trump may not have the big A, but even then this nation is to big to have a septuagenarian in the head slot.

I think that Drumph has spent too much of his life thinking that he was running his own show. He became accustomed to having his way, of making pronouncements and watching his toadies make it happen. Now he has walked into Washington to be the staring figure in American government and he is finding out that he IS NOT IN CHARGE, but rather that he must now act like a toady himself to that political machine. This I think has gotten to him. He may now be thinking that he is really nothing more than just a pretty face, a puppet face in this swimming pool of government and he must take orders from a cadre of 'lessers'' who in his old life he would dismiss out of hand.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Its fine if you disagree with me.

As I have said throughout that without a actually formal diagnosis, despite showing some symptoms there, it is impossible to say for sure that Trump is suffering any kind of cognitive decline.

Still better than...

At least Trump responds...
edit on 16-7-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join