It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will Jesus return, according to the NT?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti
a reply to: chr0naut

Great Google work.

I need extra strength Excedrin just to read your comments. You are that person who can't be wrong about anything (but usually is about most things). Most of it is unrelated to anything I just said because you don't know quite how to handle such esoteric concepts as anagrams and figurative allegory presented as history (see: the Bible).

You're kidding, right? Anagrams are esoteric?

Have you also mastered the marial art of Sudoku?

It doesn't have anything to do with what I am talking about. It doesn't matter what country Herod came from.

The Herod family was Idumean though. And like I said the origin of the term 'Benjaminite" because both were despised, which is the origin of the term Archelaus, so I wasn't really concentrating on his place of birth just his converts status and only to compare Benjaminite Jews to Ashkenazi as his people would have converted with him and did giving us the no longer existing Benjaminite.

Because Benjamin wasn't a real tribe circa AD 1. I know it blows your mind you didn't know something but you will have to deal with it or not. I don't care.

Well, here's my reasoning:

Saul, from the 1st Century, a historical figure who renamed himself Paul, said he was a Benjamite Jew and a Pharisee. So, it must have been 'a thing' as far as Paul and the people he was writing his letter to, were also cognizant of.

That one point demolishes the idea that there was no such thing as the tribe of Benjamin in the 1st Century.

Herod Arche-laus is an anagram for Herod Acher-Saul which means what I said and as usual you can't discuss a topic you don't understand and just look up maybe facts and say them.

It is only an anagram in modern English.

'Acher' in Hebrew only has three letters אַחֵר and literally means 'coming behind'. Saul in Hebrew is שָׁאוּל and more closely transliterates to 'Shaul'.

'Arche' in Greek does not mean king (a la; 'ethnarch'). But Αρχελαος (Archelaos), means "master of the people" from αρχος (archos) "master" and λαος (laos) "people". The name also was from Greek Mythology of a mortal who fought to defend Mycenae.

I wasn't saying anything that require clarification or correction or follow up. The nationality of the different Herod's is different but like I said, EDOMITE CONVERTS. Aka the synogogue of Satan, those who say they are Jews but are not. That's a Benjaminite. A Herodian Jew.

Or perhaps the Ebionites are the Synagogue of Satan? Or the Ashkenazi, or Christians that believe they are the 'true Israel', Or the Ethiopians, or Mormons, but not 'Pauline' Christians (who didn't call themselves Jews) or Paul himself, who had been dead for a long time before 'The Revelation of Jesus Christ' (where the "Synagogue of Satan" is first mentioned) was written by John.

Idumean to more precise. Rather well known fact actually. I think you just like contending anything, don't even know what a Nabatean is.

I am sure you will Google it!

Without going to Google I can tell you that the Nabateans were the people that built Petra. They were very wealthy and, as the water management around Petra attest, quite advanced in regard to engineering. Their architecture was squarer and used more bold geometric patterns than Roman architecture and simpler than Greek scroll work.

They were forced to abandon Petra most probably due to climate change.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti
a reply to: chr0naut

Great Google work.

I need extra strength Excedrin just to read your comments. You are that person who can't be wrong about anything (but usually is about most things).

I do try and supply supportive links to my replies and to use clear and rational arguments. I am actually surprised that within only a few posts, you could accurately determine what I know, or don't know.

Have you considered that you may be doing exactly what you accuse me of doing? Except, of course, you usually do not supply any support for your arguments.

From experience with gnosisfaith and the many other logins you have used, your inability to support your arguments and simply refute counter claims with any sort of external support, leads to you trying an ad-hominem response (as you have just done). When that fails and the respondent continues to refute what you say, you call them a liar.

Fortunately, I am thick skinned and somewhat within the asperger spectrum, so I don't get too emotional about such things.

Sorry to hear about your migraines. I too am a sufferer (and insufferable).

edit on 21/7/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I think what people fail to realize is that the bible says that Jesus would extend his sovereignty in the universe in 2 phases and over time, once in the heavens and once on the earth. His sovereignty has already been expressed in the heaven, read Revelation chapter 12 here is the critical part, I am using a different bible just because gives it a different flavor

War broke out in Heaven. Michael and his Angels fought the Dragon. The Dragon and his Angels fought back, but were no match for Michael. They were cleared out of Heaven, not a sign of them left. The great Dragon—ancient Serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, the one who led the whole earth astray—thrown out, and all his Angels thrown out with him, thrown down to earth. Then I heard a strong voice out of Heaven saying,

Salvation and power are established!
Kingdom of our God, authority of his Messiah!
The Accuser of our brothers and sisters thrown out,
who accused them day and night before God.
They defeated him through the blood of the Lamb
and the bold word of their witness.
They weren’t in love with themselves;
they were willing to die for Christ.
So rejoice, O Heavens, and all who live there,
but doom to earth and sea,
For the Devil’s come down on you with both feet;
he’s had a great fall;
He’s wild and raging with anger;
he hasn’t much time and he knows it.

People wonder why the earth is such a mess with so much injustice and hate....here is the answer, we are living in that time right now, it isn't in the future. We are well past phase 1, phase 2 where Jesus fixes the mess Satan caused is ahead of us and we don't know when that is.
There is one thing that tells us we are close, a great Christian preaching campaign will have have been completed first.

Matt 24:14

the good news—the Message of the kingdom—will be preached all over the world, a witness staked out in every country. And then the end will come.

Many believe the only way this could truly happen is with the advent of the internet and smart phones, any person can access the bible in their own language in any country today, even 20 years ago that was not possible. The truth about Jesus is know available to all humanity thus this great preaching campaign Jesus prophesied about is nearing completion.

When it does, the verse says "the end comes" to put that in context this is not the end of the planet earth but just the systems that dominate it today, and as the Revelations says Satan is removed and jailed so he can't cause any harm for 1000 years.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
I think what people fail to realize is that the bible says that Jesus would extend his sovereignty in the universe in 2 phases and over time, once in the heavens and once on the earth. His sovereignty has already been expressed in the heaven, read Revelation chapter 12 here is the critical part, I am using a different bible just because gives it a different flavor

War broke out in Heaven. Michael and his Angels fought the Dragon. The Dragon and his Angels fought back, but were no match for Michael. They were cleared out of Heaven, not a sign of them left. The great Dragon—ancient Serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, the one who led the whole earth astray—thrown out, and all his Angels thrown out with him, thrown down to earth. Then I heard a strong voice out of Heaven saying,

Salvation and power are established!
Kingdom of our God, authority of his Messiah!
The Accuser of our brothers and sisters thrown out,
who accused them day and night before God.
They defeated him through the blood of the Lamb
and the bold word of their witness.
They weren’t in love with themselves;
they were willing to die for Christ.
So rejoice, O Heavens, and all who live there,
but doom to earth and sea,
For the Devil’s come down on you with both feet;
he’s had a great fall;
He’s wild and raging with anger;
he hasn’t much time and he knows it.

People wonder why the earth is such a mess with so much injustice and hate....here is the answer, we are living in that time right now, it isn't in the future. We are well past phase 1, phase 2 where Jesus fixes the mess Satan caused is ahead of us and we don't know when that is.
There is one thing that tells us we are close, a great Christian preaching campaign will have have been completed first.

Matt 24:14

the good news—the Message of the kingdom—will be preached all over the world, a witness staked out in every country. And then the end will come.

Many believe the only way this could truly happen is with the advent of the internet and smart phones, any person can access the bible in their own language in any country today, even 20 years ago that was not possible. The truth about Jesus is know available to all humanity thus this great preaching campaign Jesus prophesied about is nearing completion.

When it does, the verse says "the end comes" to put that in context this is not the end of the planet earth but just the systems that dominate it today, and as the Revelations says Satan is removed and jailed so he can't cause any harm for 1000 years.

sadly a lot people including many Christians first got taken to hellish dimensions before could be rescued, it is more complicated than anyone realises, avoiding Hades is not easy many fall short, and when you try tell them their own pride makes it so they cant learn how to avoid it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Jesus comes back to earth physically after the solar system has some major planetary re-positions.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: polyath
In the New Testament, specifically in the Book of Revelation, we are told that Jesus will come back when least expected, "like a thief in the night." So what does this really mean?

While most people seem to interpret this to refer to Jesus appearing to everyone, could it not have a more individualistic interpretation? Perhaps it means that Jesus will appear to people upon their deaths.

Most quotes say Jesus is coming back within the lifetime of the people he is speaking to. There are like 40 passages saying some variation of "I'm coming back very soon".

Apologists try to stretch this out or just ignore it entirely but if there was that much evidence towards something they supported they would be using those quotes like crazy and taking them literal.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The sun will be blocked out for a period of time across the entire earth before he comes back. Jesus is associated with this kind of darkening power as proven by the 3 hours of total darkness before his death. This was no solar eclipse by the moon becasue they don't last that long. Isaiah says the great day of God is hearalded by a darking of the sun. Not the period when Jesus died but a future one. Everything that happened to Jesus or what he did foreshadows a future event.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join