It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign paid $50,000 to Trump Jr's lawyer before emails released

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Soo lawyers get paid, I will like to find a lawyer that works for free.

Another propagandized news as usual.

I guess people wants to forget that money is what makes the world of politics go round and around.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The old saying "Stop & smell the roses" is applicable here, well in trumps case smell the offal.

What I mean to say is, of course trump & his vile offspring are gonna rob what they can.

But look who's paying the bill.
This money was paid out by his re-election campaign, so his supporters/donors are footing the bill.

Something something suckers & their money are soon parted.

Take your schadenfreude where you can, sure he & the republicans are going to trash the country, they always do whenever they finagle their way to power.

But look at the bright side, his supporters are gonna get hit the worst by the policies their poor choice is going to usher in.

I would love for the RNC to be on hook for his legal bills $$$$$$$$.
So not only the true acolytes get to pay for their choice but all the republicans who helped make the trump presidency possible can share in the cost.

K~

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I thought trump didn't know anything about it until we all did? ya right.

lies, lies and more lies.

bill Clinton was impeached for lying about a freaken blow job. hysterical! god, I hope trumps goes under oath, LOL.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

bill Clinton was impeached for lying about a freaken blow job. hysterical! god, I hope trumps goes under oath, LOL.

Clinton was impeached for lying under oath - one day you guys will actually get to grips with reality.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Clinton was impeached for lying under oath - one day you guys will actually get to grips with reality.

And he shouldn't have lied under oath, nobody disputes that. But the point is he lied as the previous poster said, about a frikken blowjob.

Trump is lying about apparent large scale collusion between his campaign, his family, and a hostile foreign power.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I know which is why I said i'd hope they put trump under oath. good lord.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Yea lying about a blowjob!
Not consistently lying about conspiring with a hostile foreign government to subvert the foundation of our democracy.

Talk about coming to grips with reality for christs sakes, why don't you try some perspective.

K~

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

Not consistently lying about conspiring with a hostile foreign government to subvert the foundation of our democracy.

Talk about coming to grips with reality for christs sakes, why don't you try some perspective.

K~

Lying under oath was the reason Clinton was impeached. The nature of the lie was irrelevant.
Your charge against Trump Jnr is your imagination working over time. Even if your crazy interpretation of events relating to Trump Jnr was correct, quite how you then leap to an impeachment charge against his father is baffling.

I encourage you to rejoin reality.

edit on 16/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I know which is why I said i'd hope they put trump under oath. good lord.

Hope... maybe this is what was really meant by Hope and Change... i.e. after 8 years of messing up the country let's hope we can change the result of the election through innuendo and smearing.
edit on 16/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

You don't spend $50,000 for legal representation because you are innocent. Are trump supporters really this stupid?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

You don't spend $50,000 for legal representation because you are innocent. Are trump supporters really this stupid?

Actually you do... Especially when the people coming after you dont care about the truth and whose sole purpose is to do as much damage to you as possible.

Secondly white house lawyers dont have the luxury of attorney client privilege - its doesnt exist.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

K~

Lying under oath was the reason Clinton was impeached. The nature of the lie was irrelevant.
Your charge against Trump Jnr is your imagination working over time. Even if your crazy interpretation of events relating to Trump Jnr was correct, quite how you then leap to an impeachment charge against his father is baffling.

I encourage you to rejoin reality.

Uh, its not him that needs a reality check. That would be you. Trump Jr, met with what is considered to be an enemy of the U.S. to get dirt on Hillary during an election period. Now trump has paid $50,000 for legal representation for his son, and you don't just for a minute think something is not quite right....Wow, just wow. Okay. I could be rude, but I will just let you believe whatever trump tells you to believe..............

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

and yet nothing he did was illegal. Something the left cant seem to understand.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

- no need for lawyers anymore if you are innocent...
So guilty until proven innocent is the new inverted reality of the anti-trumpers with the added bonus that if you try and defend against smears and accusations you're also guilty.
The left wing haters are literally imploding before our eyes. How wonderful.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

So, the fund to which ordinary people are donating, the Donald Trump for President in 2020 campaign fund, just spent $50K of it's money on a lawyer to defend Donald Jr for questionable tactics during the 2016 campaign. Is that legal? If I donated money for President Trump's reelection campaign, I wouldn't want to see being used in this way.

The timing of the expenditure is another subject. Kinda proves Pres Trump is lying about knowing about the meeting.

As far as the $89K that the 2020 campaign paid the Trump Corp or legal services, it's double dipping, self serving and a blatant conflict of interest. It's exactly what I would expect from Trump dealings, but I'm not sure it's illegal. Wouldn't that be something if it was though! Illegally paying for legal advice! HAHA

edit on 16-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I didn't think Trump Jr. was part of the campaign. How is it legal to pay his legal fees from the campaign's bank account?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

Because the 2016 election is over. The campaign can use whatever money for whatever purpose.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: icanteven

Because the 2016 election is over. The campaign can use whatever money for whatever purpose.

Didn't know that. If the law was logical, it would forbid campaign funds being used for anything other than the campaign. But then again, the law is often not logical to mere mortals.

I learn something new every day, if I'm lucky.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Payment of Certain Legal Expenses.  The Ethics Committee has determined that it is generally permissible under House Rules for a Member to use campaign funds to defend legal actions arising out of his or her campaign, election, or the performance of official duties.  The basis of this determination is that the protection of a Member’s presumption of innocence in such actions is a valid political purpose.  Use of campaign funds to pay the legal expenses incurred in other kinds of legal actions may also be permissible.  However, campaign funds may not be used when the action is primarily personal in nature, such as a matrimonial action, or could result in a direct personal benefit for the Member. 

Before using campaign funds to pay any legal expenses, a Member should consult with the Ethics Committee to ensure that the legal services are ones that the Member may properly pay with campaign funds.  A Member should also consult with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) before using campaign funds for this purpose.  In this regard, under the FEC regulations on proper use of campaign funds, payment of legal expenses is among the uses for which the FEC makes determinations on impermissible personal use on a case-by-case basis.57  However, the FEC has issued a number of Advisory Opinions on use of campaign funds to pay legal expenses, and an understanding of the approach that the FEC takes on this subject can be obtained through a review of those opinions.

Proper Use of Campaign Funds and Resources

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Something something suckers & their money are soon parted.

How do the rich stay rich?

Spend Other People's money.

Donate your hard earned money
to save your multi-billionaire hero,
Only you can save him
the poor multi-billionaire.

Let's see: as of April 17,2017:
war chest for 2020, primarily from small donations. $7.1 million

Pay Outs:
$70,000 to the campaign committee's manager, Michael Glassner
$40,000 to John Pence, Vice President Mike Pence's nephew
$28,000 to Bannon Strategic Advisors, the consulting firm of Steve Bannon
$270,000 for rent at Trump Tower in New York City
$14,000 for rental and catering services at Trump International Hotel in Las Vegas
$8,700 to Trump Restaurants LLC in New York City
$3,600 for lodging at Trump International Hotel in Washington, DC
$58,000 for what was categorized as lodging at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, Florida
$22,000 for lodging at Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago
Source
The Steve Bannon one is interesting. He has an ethics waiver which allows him to communicate with his business while serving as a cabinet member.
edit on 16-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join