It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona woman gets prison for plotting a terrorist attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Here's a flash of good news.

PHOENIX – An Arizona woman has been sentenced to 8 ½ years in prison for plotting a terrorist attack.

Bastian was accused last year of providing her imprisoned husband with al-Qaida and Islamic State magazines and instructions for making an improvised explosive device for his use in an Arizona prison.

The articles made it past prison security because she disguised them as legal papers.

Source Article: Arizona woman gets prison for plotting a terrorist attack

And even after serving her sentence, she will be on probation for LIFE for her crimes.

Nice to the the LEO's getting it right once on a while.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
that's it?

isn't this treason?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
"The articles made it past prison security because she disguised them as legal papers."

What prison security? Homer Simpson?

It can be anything between the covers. Drugs, a thin knife, anything.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Terrorist attack? Life sentence seems more fitting!

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Good

Nuff said.

Inmates will take care of the rest

edit on 16-7-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Yep they really got her. If they hadn't, he might have made explosives from instructions in those documents out of prison food and dropped bars of soap from the showers. Good Going Arizona!

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
A terrorist is anyone who made bombs, and/or used bombs to kill, and injure, innocent people.

Now, a terrorist is anyone who has instructions on how to make bombs!

Soon, a terrorist will be anyone who ever looked at an article on making bombs.

Or anyone who knows what a bomb is!

Or anyone who once knew someone who had read an article about bombs!

Or reads a book that mentions a bomb!

When you all applaud them for labelling people 'terrorists', and then sending them to prison, for daring to have magazines, and having articles on making bombs, it soon could be YOU are called a terrorist, for even speaking on the issue!

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
A terrorist is anyone who made bombs, and/or used bombs to kill, and injure, innocent people.

When you all applaud them for labelling people 'terrorists', and then sending them to prison, for daring to have magazines, and having articles on making bombs, it soon could be YOU are called a terrorist, for even speaking on the issue!

I applaud them because if you're actively plotting to kill people, you should go to jail...terrorist or not. Plus he plead guilty already so there is no argument based on how I see it. I think a major problem is people that sympathize with terrorists and we should lock those assclowns up too.
edit on 16-7-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Here's a flash of good news.

PHOENIX – An Arizona woman has been sentenced to 8 ½ years in prison for plotting a terrorist attack.

Bastian was accused last year of providing her imprisoned husband with al-Qaida and Islamic State magazines and instructions for making an improvised explosive device for his use in an Arizona prison.

The articles made it past prison security because she disguised them as legal papers.

Source Article: Arizona woman gets prison for plotting a terrorist attack

And even after serving her sentence, she will be on probation for LIFE for her crimes.

Nice to the the LEO's getting it right once on a while.

So what evidence is there and moreover, what proof did the yshow to prove their claims. What proof is there that what she passed to her bloke was nothing more than a lovers message in code?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

I applaud them because if you're actively plotting to kill people, you should go to jail...terrorist or not. Plus he plead guilty already so there is no argument based on how I see it. I think a major problem is people that sympathize with terrorists and we should lock those assclowns up too.

First the came for "terrorists", i didn´t care, because i wasn´t a terrorist...

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

First the came for "terrorists", i didn´t care, because i wasn´t a terrorist...

As they should. The only way to get caught up in charges like this is being up to no good. I can't think of any situation where I'd need to sneak in bomb making instructions to a prisoner. I also can't think of a reason to plot to kill. Plus he already plead guilty.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

And all the evidence you need is ?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Oh I bet the CIA is pizzed that the local municipality foiled their plot.

2nd

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

So papers that describe how to make a prison explosive are illegal now.

One day, charges of plotting terror attacks will be levied against anyone with books on how to make firearms or even fireworks. Possession of an actual firearm will be a death sentence.

People in Gaza have perfected that 'prison tech'.

Its no secret.

Piss in a metal tray, evaporate in the sun. The crystals are urea nitrate, add sugar and mix, thats the piss and sugar bottle rockets they shoot over their prison walls in the country of Gaza.

Another expedient , use the same Urea nitrate with garden sulfur and a bit of charcoal to make gunpowder.

Wrap a magazine tightly into a tube and close one end. Drill a small hole at one end for igniting, pack improvised powder into the breech, followed wth gravel, broken glass, screws, whatever.

Light and "FOOF!", instant hand cannon.

That last one was actually found in a prison, donna have the link...

edit on 16-7-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

The U.S. Army taught me to make improvised bombs, and I still have the small paper back book they gave me in one of their remote "training camps," located deep in with Georgia. Does that make them terrorist?

I understand that the Army is still doing this.

edit on 16-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Piss in a metal tray, evaporate in the sun. The crystals are urea nitrate, add sugar and mix, thats the piss and sugar bottle rockets they shoot over their prison walls in the country of Gaza.

That's gonna take a lot of time, a lot of piss, a lot of Sun and blind prison guards who also have lost their sense of smell.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: intrptr

That's gonna take a lot of time, a lot of piss, a lot of Sun and blind prison guards who also have lost their sense of smell.

I think you forget how other countries prisons are.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So from that post if you are an american presumably you can now be sent to jail for terrorism as you have done exactly what she did by prviding plans on how to make a bomb.

I also assume all the publishing companies who have produced book/pamphlets on the subject are liable as well?

What about all those survival stores and books?

What about technology colleges and universities the list of places you can find out how to make are bomb is very long.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
a reply to: intrptr

So from that post if you are an american presumably you can now be sent to jail for terrorism as you have done exactly what she did by prviding plans on how to make a bomb.

I also assume all the publishing companies who have produced book/pamphlets on the subject are liable as well?

What about all those survival stores and books?

What about technology colleges and universities the list of places you can find out how to make are bomb is very long.

You people amuse me with your hyperbole here.

Did the publisher of the information in this case get arrested? A resounding NO.
Did she get arrested for possession of that material? NO

When you combine possession of this type of material )or knowledge thereof) with the intent to use it to kill or injure people, tat is the line that gets crossed. Think with your brains for once. Why did she sneak this material into the prison and not just openly try to give it to him? Could it be that she and he had plans to actually use this information to kill people (perhaps allowing him to break out of prison)?

All you folks that leap to hyperbole with these issues are only resulting in defending their actions, therefore emboldening others to do just that. Don't you see that?

SMH at the stupidity and myopic view (and before you accuse of of being myopic, consider that what she did was already illegal sneaking this information into a prison, for ANY reason).

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Oh I agree with you (should have indicated sarcasm) but where does the law draw the line?

Surely the intent of any bomb making information is to show people how to make said bomb. The purpose of a bomb is to explode causing death and or destruction to the target so surely the 'legal' argument can be made that they are just as liable - no?

I'm interested on when providing the same information becomes a crime:

publishing it - fine
buying it - fine
reading it - fine
teaching it - depends to whom and where they are????
giving to somebody else - depends to whom and where they are??????
making a bomb - depends who is making it then or is it just the military and it's suppliers who are allowed to make them?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join