It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

any home remedies for queasiness?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I've managed to come down with a sinus infection, and until the antibiotics kick in, I'm stuck with a dizzy queasy feeling every time I move. there goes my weekend :p is there anything I can do for this except wait it out? I've tried Advil Sinus, and it's done no good at all.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
i am always queasy, drink heavily and walk in circles real fast, you will become so dizzy you will no longer be queasy

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
i am always queasy, drink heavily and walk in circles real fast, you will become so dizzy you will no longer be queasy

oh my goodness, just reading that almost made me
haha, and here I thought I was going to get recommendations for soda crackers and weak tea.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Actually, I was going to recommend ginger ale and crackers.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Actually, I was going to recommend ginger ale and crackers.

regards
seekerof

thank you
I did just think of that a few minutes ago, and have bribed my brother to go out and get me some ginger ale. ah, family

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
50% whisky & 50% pickle juice, mixed together. Yep, down the hatch. That will fix you right up.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Just drink loads and load of alcohol, it should help.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
50% whisky & 50% pickle juice, mixed together. Yep, down the hatch. That will fix you right up.

you're kidding. does that actually work? somehow the ginger ale and crackers sounds a whole lot more palatable...

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I had a very bad sinus infection a couple of years back. Best I can recommend is stay in bed, drink plenty of fluids and rest.... you should feel better in no time.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

you're kidding. does that actually work? somehow the ginger ale and crackers sounds a whole lot more palatable...

No, it wont help, but it will show you what queasy is really about lol.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   
But if you suck on a lemon, it get's rid of that nausea feeling. If you can stand the sourness I swear it works!

arc

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 06:04 AM
link   
ginger is very good for nausea, especially when you've got a cold or sinus problem. I drink plenty of ginger and lemon tea when I feel like that.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well.........

1: Hot milk - Heat milk in saucepan until near boil....add a little butter and some sugar, put in mug and add some cinnamon or ginger...drink up!

2: Hot water...Lime and Sugar...homemade Hotstuff

3: Hot Toddie - Hot water, double measure of whiskey and add some sugar to taste - alcohol will not affect the antibiotics..trust me....i'm on 14 tabs a day and i still drink!

4: Vicks Vapo rub..bed and plently of liquids...try IrnBru...for some reason it works?

Hope You get better soon!
Gryff

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
thank you very much for the advice, everybody
it's day 2 of the antibiotics and I'm still not feeling any better, so I'll be running through these remedies all night (not just to make myself feel better, but also to keep occupied! being stuck in bed is boring!
) thanks again, everybody!

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Lay down and hang your head off your bead downword.
Let the snot start to poor

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Drink untill you've forgot your problems, it plently works for me.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
...try IrnBru...for some reason it works?

Irn-Bru cures every illness known to man. It's especially effective for headaches and nausia

new topics

top topics

join