It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Ron DeSantis says that HIC is bringing in big names to investigate leaks from Obama holdovers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Oh boy this is interesting and finally a sign that HIC is doing alot more to catch the leakers who are hurting the Trump admin then the MSM knows. Rep. Ron DeSantis spoke with Trey Gowdy and apparently they are working really hard to find the leakers. So much for Gowdy is doing nothing. I wonder if certain persons are worried that Ben Rhodes might have to testify. Any ideas who the other big names could be?

During an interview with MSNBC's Hugh Hewitt, DeSantis admitted he's spoken to his committee's chairman, Trey Gowdy of South Carolina, about it, and while he would defer to Gowdy to identify people of interest, he did say the panel has brought in some "big names."

"They're doing a lot more than what the press knows in terms of some of the people they have brought in," DeSantis said. "They've brought in some big names that I'm not authorized to say."

DeSantis further explained to Hewitt that Rhodes may be in contact with Obama holdovers in the National Security Council, who are behind the "selective leaking" hurting Trump's ability to conduct foreign policy.

Rep. Ron DeSantis says HIC is bringing in big names

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Perhaps they should look for the leakers in the Oval office of Trumps inner circle. The WH is in melt down and loyalties change from day to day.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Perhaps they should look for the leakers in the Oval office of Trumps inner circle. The WH is in melt down and loyalties change from day to day.

Nice deflection anything useful to contribute. I start to wonder why news like this aren't posted sooner on here.

Edit: Pol is dismantling the russian narrative right now btw but we can't discuss it here because hacked emails from the U.S. State Department are involed. Happening of a lifetime and i can't post it on ATS.

edit on 15-7-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

care to back that assertion up with verifiable data and not anon sources from a friend of a friend?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I hope Trey Gowdy works to regain the respect he's lost this year. Threatening subpoena after subpoena, but never serving one.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I hope Trey Gowdy works to regain the respect he's lost this year. Threatening subpoena after subpoena, but never serving one.

His new position gives him hopefully more power and who knows how many corrupt bastards intervened all this time.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Oh boy this is interesting and finally a sign that HIC is doing alot more to catch the leakers who are hurting the Trump admin

Never thought I'd see the day somebody posts a thread getting all exciting on the government cracking down on leakers. It's a far cry from the wikileaks and anonymous days. Apparently we should completely trust this administration because you know, Trump.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

His new position gives him hopefully more power and who knows how many corrupt bastards intervened all this time.

I'm confused now. The House Intelligence Committee website says that Devin Nunes is the Chairman. Not Trey Gowdy.
Ref: intelligence.house.gov...

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I`ll take a guess at what will happen to the leakers if they find any, absolutely nothing, they will fired or allowed to resign and go work as lobbyists for some big corporation,why waste time and tax payers money if nobody is going to be prosecuted?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I'm confused now. The House Intelligence Committee website says that Devin Nunes is the Chairman. Not Trey Gowdy.

I think Nunes got in trouble because he briefed Trump on something before taking it to Congress first. So he stepped aside as chairman of that committee.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think Nunes got in trouble because he briefed Trump on something before taking it to Congress first. So he stepped aside as chairman of that committee.

I remember that impromptu press conference Devin Nunes held on the White House lawn, where he said the Obama Administration was behind a lot of illegal maneuverings. But like a typical 2017 Republican, he caved, and made Democrat Adam Stiff the Chairman.

Curious as to why the HIC website still shows Nunes as Chairman. Trey Gowdy must be a sub-chairman or something.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, Trey Gowdy is Chairman of the Government Oversight Committee. The article in the OP even expresses some confusion:

Though DeSantis referred to "Chairman Gowdy," he was talking about the House Intelligence Committee, not the oversight panel, which is investigating intelligence leaks. Gowdy is also a member of the intelligence panel; DeSantis is not. A spokeswoman for Gowdy told the Washington Examiner that she is "certain" that DeSantis had been referring to House Intelligence.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I assumed Gowdy already got promoted because he dropped some hints about the Hillary investigation. You know the Comey will be more remembered fondly and the very perceptive of you line. That stuck with me.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

No. he can't make Schiff the Chairman. That's up to the majority leader. Schiff is the ranking democrat so he wouldn't be the committee chairman. That would be up to house leadership to appoint a new chair.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The only people having meltdown right now are the deranged Leftists.
It's been an ongoing meltdown for the last 8 months lol.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

These emails are on scribd. Go to 4chan/pol for the tread and it will lead you there. Haven't gone thru but part of 1 of 6 and nothing new so far. Wish they had gone thru wikileaks but understand some think it is compromised.

Glad to see someone is finally someone finally working on this.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
How do we know its not new people Trump brought in trying to cover their asses?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

What is HIC?

Never mind I got it.
edit on 7162017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Why can't you?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

He's had his new position for two months now. What's he waiting for?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join