It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smith breaks with Fox News line on Trump: 'Why all these lies?'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Pro-Trump news man ,from pro-Trumpist t.v network breaks rank

Fox News host Shepard Smith broke with network orthodoxy on Friday, issuing a sharp denunciation of the Trump administration’s handling of investigations into its links with Russia.

Smith,decried Trump camp untruths before, described White House “deception” as “mind-boggling”.

“Why all these lies?” he asked fellow anchor Chris Wallace. “Why is it lie after lie after lie?”

The outburst came after it was reported that more people attended a meeting between Donald Trump Jr and Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya at Trump Tower in New York in June 2016 than had previously been disclosed.

“We’re still not clean on this, Chris,” Smith said. “If there’s nothing there – and that’s what they tell us, they tell us there’s nothing to this and nothing came of it, there’s a nothing burger, it wasn’t even memorable, didn’t write it down, didn’t tell you about it, because it wasn’t anything so I didn’t even remember it – with a Russian interpreter in the room at Trump Tower?

“The deception, Chris, is mind-boggling. And there are still people who are out there who believe we [the media] are making it up. And one day they’re gonna realize we’re not and look around and go, ‘Where are we, and why are we getting told all these lies?’

“This really shouldn’t be a matter of liberal v conservative, pro-Trump vs anti-Trump,” he said. “If you’re a fair-minded citizen, you ought to be concerned about the fact that we were repeatedly misled about what this meeting concerned.”

Is this the first crack in the "official" pro-Trump propaganda/mouth piece machine,
or is Shepard the first of other Trumpist dissidents to come forth

How much 'weight' do Wallace and Smith have ?

edit on 15/7/17 by Damiel because: (sloooooooooooooow loading here

edit on 15/7/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Shepard isn't a Shepard he's a sheep. Bah!

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate
and ..?
Any thoughts other than bhhhhh i'm a comotose sheep, Rosinitiate ?

edit on 15/7/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I thought they were supposed to be fair and balanced.
Does this country have any real reporter's today or just newstainment bobble heads?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

Yes he's a deep state gatekeeper tool like Glen Beck, Krauthammer, McCain.

edit on 15-7-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Perhaps after all the Fox pro-Trump propaganda this is the balance

Does this country have any real reporter's today or just newstainment bobble heads?

By real reports you mean ?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Wow, I thought only liberal hated Trump.

Krauthammer and Smith?

Charles Krauthammer: Trump Jr. emails are evidence of 'collusion

money.cnn.com...

I guess some conservatives have their eyes uncovered

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Wow, I thought only liberal hated Trump.

Krauthammer and Smith?

Charles Krauthammer: Trump Jr. emails are evidence of 'collusion

money.cnn.com...

I guess some conservatives have their eyes uncovered

And Beck and McCain and Graham. It's why I like him.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Shep Smith is like John McCain.

He comes out every now any then with some strongly worded statements, but ultimately falls in line at the behest of those who sign his paycheck.

Just like McCain.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Is it asking to much to have reporter's that tell the story without shoving a left or right lean on the story?
I'm tired of all news telling me what to think.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Shepard Smith has always hated Trump.

There are a few on Fox who hate Trump. They are misguided, but they speak their minds.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

They're not telling you what to think they are expressing an opinion , concerns are suppressed in dictatorships.
I don't think anyone could disagree with this.

“This really shouldn’t be a matter of liberal v conservative, pro-Trump vs anti-Trump,” he said. “If you’re a fair-minded citizen, you ought to be concerned about the fact that we were repeatedly misled about what this meeting concerned.”

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Shepard Smith has always hated Trump.

There are a few on Fox who hate Trump. They are misguided, but they speak their minds.

Because their (true) paychecks are signed CIA.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This may be smoke in Trump's general direction, the reason why it never went this far until now, is the fact that the fire resides in the DNC/GOPe for cooking up this setup...

Everyday more is revealed and more and more it exposes the SWAMP...

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They are always telling us what to think. I don't want their opinion.
I want the story. Period.
Anything more than that is commentary.

news
n(y)o͞oz/
noun
newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent or important events.
"I've got some good news for you"
a broadcast or published report of news.
plural noun: the news
"he was back in the news again"
synonyms: report, announcement, story, account; More
informal
information not previously known to someone.
"this was hardly news to her"

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
This may be smoke in Trump's general direction, the reason why it never went this far until now, is the fact that the fire resides in the DNC/GOPe for cooking up this setup...

Everyday more is revealed and more and more it exposes the SWAMP...

Sure does, let's see if this pans out:

The pilot who flew the plane for the secret meeting between Bill Clinton, Loretta Lynch and, recently disclosed, Paul Ryan is breaking his silence for a $2 million payday that is sure to put his life in danger.

And the bomb shell:

“The three of them sat like old friends and discussed strategies and made treaties. Clinton’s crimes were to be set aside until his wife finished 2 terms of working with Republicans to shore up the base and ‘move away from these Trump loving racists’ as Ryan put it.

Lynch would seal the deal by not investigating the Clintons further. Ryan gets to remain Speaker, the Democrats get the Senate and the White House and 2024 is up for grabs.”

Supposedly to air on fox in the next week or so.

thelastlineofdefense.org...

I guess we'll see soon enough.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

Shepherd Smith was never a "Trumpist". Look it up. Him and Juan Williams are Fox's token leftists.

edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Opinion masquerading as news is all we seem to get these days. I too, am sick of it. Just tell me the facts and then stfu, please and thank you.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

while folks breath fire in the left right BS game, what is being revealed is the UNIPARTY...

YOu know the one.. DO NOTHING CONGRESS... that's who...

Filling their own pockets... I hope their pockets will be emptied, and their arses will soon fill up cells in GITMO...

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Perhaps after all the Fox pro-Trump propaganda this is the balance

By real reports you mean ?

Methinks all the media that would not let this go...were doing their job, regardless of ratings blah blah.
We all know now that the Trump babies and bro-in-law were sitting on this, concealing it even for the security clearance. It's also pretty clear that Natalia is linked to Russian intel which is as near as you get to the mob, and the money laundering, and certain companies, and banks and the list goes on. I'm pretty sure also that much of the media know what's been going on, but they can't talk about it yet. I can wait.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join