It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My bepuzzlement with the males of this age continues to prove limitless.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: kaylaluv

Popular culture interests don't inherently define nor deflate masculinity, nor strength, etc.

This piece spoke to more than just thick skinnedness, masculinty, etc. It spoke to this de-evolution trek your lot are bent on driving our species, while acting like you're the pinnacle of sophistication, intellectualism and forward thinking.

"Cool" people can still like se Star Trek, although Trekkies are definitely nerds!

Toughest out of the box nerds i've ever seen.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: roadgravel
So how does trash talk for a meaningful conversation?

Well "trash talk" is "tough" and being "tough" is manly...and being "manly" is prime-choice, yo!

I know its shocking, but intelligent women like intelligent men.

So, what kind of women like men who have to "act tough"?

It has nothing to do with acting tough.
I don't think it can be explained to you.
Intelligent men act like men around other intelligent men.
It has nothing to do with you when you are not around.

I'm a 70 year old woman.

You think I slept through all those years?

Intelligent men act like intelligent men around intelligent women who demand they do so.

Who are you?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Absolutely, you made some great points.

It'd be nice and quite insightful to sit down with someone like Sun Tzu and ask him directly what manly interests a male should pursue.

Like I said...15 years ago if my mate was writing poetry he'd have been mocked into oblivion.You might find someone like Sun Tzu would advocate such a pursuit. His ideas of what makes a man a man might be quite different to ours in some regards.

But yeah, there are staples that are associated with manliness...wisdom and strength. Personally, I find a combination of what might be perceived to be masculine and feminine works well for me. I admire a man who is comfortable enough with himself to identify and even speak of the attractive or charismatic qualities of another man. I'm a straight male but I can still see why some other men are attractive...there aren't many straight, white alpha males who can or are willing to do that. For me the trick wasn't learning this fundamental truth...I already knew, the trick was to identify those qualities in myself and stop trying to suppress them. A real man, to me, has some feminine qualities. I think we all have both masculine and feminine traits in varying degrees...some of us try to hide it. Men tend to hide behind an often forcedprojection of what they believe to be an alpha mate...all sports, cars, beer and big talk.

There has to be a middle, ambient ground. to land too far either side of that middle ground is a sign of insecurity - insecurities often give rise to forced alpha male attributes.

Take Gavin McInnes as an example. Conservative, he projects a very alpha male image. I watched a video one time he was berating this ginger, feminist YouTuber...he told the guy to ride a motorcylce and it'd get him laid...and I thought, who are you trying to kid, Mr McInnes?

To me he's a beta trying to be alpha...going all-out with his cliched and cringey ideas of what makes a man a man. He comes across as insecure and it feels forced. I don't see him as the classical alpha male, he's actually prety immature. But many people like him and hold him in high regard, he has a large following and audience and many of them probably share his supposed views...I bet he cried at Bambi, though.

To me a man is secure enough in his own skin to happily exhibit feminine qualities - I was happy to putmy ex girlfriends bra on and let her take a picture of me because it showed a gentler and more playful side to me - qualities I believe are gender neutral. In fact I think men who have a healthy, balanced mixture of both masculine and feminine qualities to be more charismatic and, dare I say...attractive to some extent..charisma has no sex.

So I embrace both sides to my personality, I like to be physically strong but at the same time I fully embrace my less "manly" attributes and am more open about them, I don't hide them any more because they're not a measure of how much of a man I am but of how balanced I am.
edit on 17/7/2017 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This quote by Annee is particularly interesting:

I'm a 70 year old woman.

You think I slept through all those years?

Intelligent men act like intelligent men around intelligent women who demand they do so.

Let's be real for a minute. Is a man pandering to yours or other womans demands a man by modern, social expectations? And how does one "act" intelligently, at all?

This suggests intelligence can be faked...can it? You're either intelligent or you aren't. If someone "acts" intelligent around you, it's less likely that they're giving into any of your demands...but are simply being themselves. Some people can act smart but it's a house of cards...an intelligent woman would rumble their game rather quickl;y.

It seems like you've adapted the whole situation to fit this pre-conceived narrative that you're somehow controlling or manipulating intelligent men into behaving a certain way around you...that under other circumstances they're still act stupid and immature despite being intelligent. Like they need that threat in order to allow the intelligent part of themselves to come out.

If intelligent men act intelligent around you it's probably because they're intelligent. If you're demands are responsible for his intelligent behaviour then are you also responsible for men in your company who don't act intelligent? If a non-intelligent man acts intelligent around you and you don't figure out that it's a sham...are you still an intelligent woman?

Seems like a rather passive, militant, feminist statement. You might also wonder if a man is acting un-intelligent around you, why? Maybe you do have some influence over a mans behaviour and make him want to act like an idiot? Maybe women shouldn't impose such standards on men and men not on women?

It's an intolerant statement that shows the female equivalent of alpha-male attributes, some men have high expectations of women and some women of men. I just get the feeling that if a man were to make a similar statement about their expectations of women that you'd not be very happy about that - maybe you let your guard down, there?

Lastly..there are many, many couples out there in a loving relationship where one partner is more intelligent than the other. Not everyone is attracted to highly intelligent people...some people even like family guy.
edit on 17/7/2017 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

I dunno. I've been known to lose a couple dozen IQ points around women.

"Hi, I'm taking a survey of girls that would want to go to the dance with me
"

Decades later, I still cringe at that one.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I went through that whole thing in the 80's about women wanting a man who is sensitive, who is in touch with his feelings and not afraid to show it, a man who is not afraid to cry. Well, some men starting doing exactly that. The response was exactly what I though it would be. "Oh my God, you're a bunch of big babies! Go weld something and grow a pair..."

It is ok for a man to cry in front of a woman - one time, for about ten seconds. You proved you can do it. Now go change the oil in the car and fix the downspout.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I reached "adulthood" in 04. I wouldn't have showed, but there wouldn't have been any crying over what he said. Then again, he probably wouldn't have said all that to me because I was raised to only write checks with your mouth that you're willing to cash, and being that I'm fairly non-confrontational he probably wouldn't have had reason to call me out. After all, non-confrontational is not the same as chicken. Sometimes you have to write those checks. Even then it's best not to tell everyone you wrote one. Give yourself the element of surprise especiallt if you don't fight as often as your opponent, and give yourself an out in case you change your mind.

Still, it seems pretty implied that there would be a fight. Oh well, people are people. Even the cry babies.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Well said...I fear most of this will be wasted. maybe some will pause to consider. The writings been on the wall for the last 10 odd years. I started seeing symptons of this bullying behaviour first with road rage and then thuggish cowards giving king hits in crowds for some slight leading to death and serious injury. Its gotten so serious that the govt introduced one punch laws. No more excuses.

www.watoday.com.au...

In the new one-punch laws, which were introduced on Friday, the judge will have the discretion to sentence an offender of the one-punch deaths to a maximum prison term of 10 years.

whether the such results came by social engineering or not

A generation of entitlemenst and a lack of moral guidelines fueled by social media and "Idol" "big Brother" reality shows - emphasising prideful individuality without accountability. Social engineering plays a big part but is no excuse for lack of critical thinking.

S & F

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

He's right, went completely over your head. Lash out without addressing any of the issue but because you're "Special" you get to say where the thread belongs.

Way to go...LOL

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Oh shucks - way to go....remember your thread about your fear of Sessions banning Marijuana shops...1 week after the election....you sure like to imagine and project....this thread specifically addresses your type of triggering.

Care to counter any of the argument?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

everyone is preparing for the worst.

That includes denying non psychoactive CBD oil to all those kids you see having seizures

I for one want no part in any government that denies sick people natural medicine because of politics

So, are we going to see a return to the dark ages,

Perceived Marijuana ban= Dark ages Dark ages Dark ages Dark ages Dark ages Dark ages Dark ages

Did you lose your job? Did you lose your wife/husband?
Hurry up get some testosterone shots and grow a pair.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Seems like the OP called it - now back to the topic

bizarre cross breed of Klingon & Romulan (that was raised amongst Romulan's

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

LOL
Hasn't been a hair length issue since the Beatles - but I suppose you ignore what comes out of their mouths or their actions

Your avatar betrays you

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Deflect all you want -your "feely" special exempted "non-trash" words are in your posting history

Next DNC Excuse....accidental unmasking....KIRSHNER...KUSHNER
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Posted by Kettu

You know who else hates "unmasking"? The Klu Klux Klan.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

I'll answer that if I may.
That "it" has no point on the subject? I think we win.

We could go into other obvious ways men know the difference in women...but we don't want to give the game away to the triggerables

IgnoranceIsntBlisss:

Your women will grow tired of these pathetic anti-masculine ways, and will eventually all come running to the real men in our culture.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

At least hes saying something other than...your.....your.....your....still trying to figure what you have added in the way of discussion?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

LOL Rome like Greece also had its golden age ( but like all Empires degenerated to dark ages ) whereas some scholars have suggested that 1 reason for its rapid decay may have partly caused by lead piping.

Funny how you cant see the parallels between the warlike conquests and plunder and slave class structure of Romes rise - and yet ignore the last 100 years of US wars and hegemony and its citizenry reduced to poverty post 2008.

At least under Rome slaves could become freeman - Under the Oligarchy of the US its citizens and military don't even know who the enemy is any more, relegating themselves to entitlement and acquiescence. With the plunder that the US engages in - you'd think they'd at least get something like health care right....LOL

Dark ages indeed for the citizenry of the US

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

So he's fighting with word's and you fought an unjust war with guns....you're right...it's all about perspective - were you defending the US or making your Corporate masters richer? LOL

The whole point of the op is about fairness and rational discourse and humour - went completely over your head, but you joined the military you're special - sense of entitlement - you drank the kool-aid and your opinion is worth more than anyones else.

RArara - go Mericka

Poster child of Social engineering and psyops

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

well said - you nailed it!

www.urbandictionary.com...

A social and political movement that promotes unreason and irrationality through the guise of various 'causes', often promoted by so-called 'social justice warriors'. These causes and their proponents are often contradictory and are almost never rooted in fact. Indeed, true argument or discussion with proponents of these causes is almost impossible, as most attempts at discourse descend quickly into shouting, name-calling and chanting of slogans.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

What you mean to tell me no one exercises in the States anymore.

Was supersize me a lie?

en.wikipedia.org...

In the ol’ days you could demonstrate your masculinity by being able to lift heavy things and wrestle bears

Wrestle bear's - you mean everyone in the US did that?
Must have been the golden age of the Cowboy - hang on...the cowboys were going around killing everyone - not much has changed

Must google "a bygone era , bear wrestling no 1 activity of non-metrosexual males"

bunch of sissies

sissies is a word of that era - seeing as to how contextually you are using it, I think you're a 60 year old self loathing male who want's to get young chicks.

Seems like you are triggered by them calling it like it is and you need to shut down discussion, faux outrage

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join