It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My bepuzzlement with the males of this age continues to prove limitless.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Smart guys need not always be wimps though. Generally speaking, research shows that we want mates who are our intellectual peers if not slightly smarter than we are as women.

So how was I to find my guy?

Not only was I in a fairly elite bracket athletically, being a Div I collegiate athlete, but I was also intellectually gifted at the same time.

If I had to have He-Man who was slightly smarter, I was going to end up pretty lonely since those two traits are pretty tough to find in one package. In the end, I found the one who was compatible in personality, interests, slightly smarter than I am, and still athletically active if not anywhere near elite level. He was strong enough for me and that's all that mattered.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You know it is remarkable to me how many men indulge in these dick swinging contests on line complaining about how there are no real men (like them) around. I'm reasonably sure that most of these posturing whiners aren't exactly lumberjacks and cowboys somehow.

ATS becomes more like just another subreddit everyday.

Trump Rules!

Women Suck!

Homos Are Taking Over The World!

Minorities Are Entitled Drains On Society!

All Men But Me Are Pussies!

Pretty much sums up most of the content on here these days.

edit on 16-7-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Dude tries to stir up the website with tales of political terror by screaming like a stuck pigs over some one else talking trash, and another dude tells him to grow a pair, and that makes it a dick swinging contest?

Sounds like you need to grow a pair!

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

You know it is remarkable to me how many men indulge in these dick swinging contests on line complaining about how there are no real men (like them) around. I'm reasonably sure that most of these posturing whiners aren't exactly lumberjacks and cowboys somehow.

ATS becomes more like just another subreddit everyday.

Trump Rules!

Women Suck!

Homos Are Taking Over The World!

Minorities Are Entitled Drains On Society!

All Men But Me Are Pussies!

Pretty much sums up most of the content on here these days.

you missed out the,

everyone but me is transgendered or transexual i dont know the difference but will rage about it regardless

threads, but you covered everything else.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Dude tries to stir up the website with tales of political terror by screaming like a stuck pigs over some one else talking trash, and another dude tells him to grow a pair, and that makes it a dick swinging contest?

We've been over this. I'm female. Biologically, I cannot "grow a pair".

Proverbially, I have more balls than most of you.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

So now you're in on the dick swinging contest, even after bemoaning about it?!?

Should I get a tape measure?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

So now you're in on the dick swinging contest, even after bemoaning about it?!?

Should I get a tape measure?

Lol fair point.

But still...

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

"Proverbially"? I don't think that word means what you think it means. Besides, you can just tack on a pair and pretend these days. All Fairy tales (cough) have been deemed real.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
OP I broadly get what you are saying, with one proviso.

All the really tough blokes I ever knew never bothered with what is termed smack talk.

Chances are, while one lad was running his mouth, the real hard case was ramming his fist in it.

A lesson I learned well.

Wannabe's talk, tough guys act.

edit on 51pSun, 16 Jul 2017 15:14:51 -050020172017-07-16T15:14:51-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well to a conservative, what makes a man is totally different than what I think a man should be. A man takes care of his family, stands by his significant other, raises his kids and if need be, throw down if family is threatened.

Now to a conservative a real man is someone who keeps his significant other in line, beats his children and only talk smack to someone's face if they are armed.

If you can't say what you want to another person without being armed, then maybe keep your trap shut because it does not make you brave to talk smack only because you have a weapon on you.

They say an armed society is a polite society, nope an armed society is a scared society who keeps quiet due to fear.

Not a Liberal or Republican, just a man who has seen these fools talk a big game and try to define what a "man" is even thought they are far from it.

Funny to me.

edit on 16-7-2017 by IxAmxDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IxAmxDarkness
Well to a conservative, what makes a man is totally different than what I think a man should be. A man takes care of his family, stands by his significant other, raises his kids and if need be, throw down if family is threatened.

Now to a conservative a real man is someone who keeps his significant other in line, beats his children and only talk smack to someone's face if they are armed.

Really? Where did you come up with that? I'm a conservative and I believe your first statement about what a man should be, wholeheartedly. I agree with you. You seem to believe people like me believe your SECOND statement, which I completely disagree with. I also disagree with you that conservatives think like that.You are betraying your ill-conceived prejudices about conservatives, portraying them as something they are not. you need to look at your own biases here very carefully, because you are way off the mark. You really don't know what you are talking about. You lack credibility.

edit on 7/16/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Well there's smack talk / trash talk, which is what goes on for fun (generally with 'your people'), and then there's s#!t talking / running your mouth (generally with people whom you dont respect or worse) [i.e. war talk].

If someone cant even handle smack talk then they'd be thinned skinned. Which psychologically speaking isn't very tough.

edit on 16-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Or keep it up. Your women will grow tired of these pathetic anti-masculine ways, and will eventually all come running to the real men in our culture.

I have no idea who you are talking about in the beginning of your post but, personally, I love the men of this generation. Considering generation/SJW stylings are more to do with position than age, I'll post one of my favorite feminists and you try to tell me women are going to leave this guy for "real men":

As for the rest of your post, I see kinda what you're saying. But what you don't realize is that the stereotypes you are thinking of are few and far between. Just as your generation isn't filled to the brim with knuckle-dragging klansmen, this next generation isn't filled with these wusses who can't take a joke.

As always, the truth is in between.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
OP is right. This next generation is a bunch of pussies. Can't handle anything they don't like and immediately look to see who it offends and try to silence it. By extent, humor is suppressed. Humor and jokes should be made about anything one likes to crack a joke about but the list of off the table items one can joke about is increasing at a rapid rate.

Makes me think of the latest McGregor vs Mayweather press conferences. McGregor told Mayweather "dance for me boy, dance for me son". Just classic trash talk, mild compared to what goes on between the lines in sports. But the pussy SJW's and weak minded betas immediately called Conor a racist....because they don't understand and can't stomach trash talk or insults. How did McGregor respond? Same way people raised in the 80's and 90's would. Double down. Basically, you want to be a pussy, then listen to this. So the next press conference McGregor answered to the accusation of racism by saying he's half black, from the bellybutton down. A common joke. And the SJW's and beta males were hysterical due to it. How could he? He's insensitive. He's offensive. As Conor would say, sit down and shut your F'ing mouth. Too bad for American lefties and sissy boys, Ireland and their ilk don't bow down to your sensitivities.

Of course, then Mayweather called him a *aggot. Then the SJW's and betas came out again and were crying.

See, this is just trash talk, as its always been done. NBA, NFL, your local pickup game, whatever, far worse is said. But these weak minded individuals who want to police everyone's speech because "feelings" don't see that they're basically announcing to everyone they're a big fat pussy. They don't know how to handle what the common man dealt with for centuries.

It all extends across the spectrum. It's called being soft.

edit on 16-7-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It's weird. Growing up I was always taught to stand on my own two feet, stand up for yourself, be respectful but don't take # from anyone. Don't allow yourself to get bullied. I did when small, learned from it, then grew.

It's night and day compared to this current generation which wants to run and tell on you. They're snitches. They want others to fight their fights for them. Run to the principle. Run to their boss. Run to social media. Back in the day you catch a whoopin for that.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

They can keep getting wussified all they want. Some day a band of rogue librarians will jump out of a Prius and kick the crap out of them just for fun.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
they will be OK. it just takes men a little longer to see through all the BS in the world these days. its not a masculine thing as much as it is an ethical thing. having children seems to wake them up real quick.

personally i would worry about women more.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

a reply to: SprocketUK

Well there's smack talk / trash talk, which is what goes on for fun (generally with 'your people'), and then there's s#!t talking / running your mouth (generally with people whom you dont respect or worse) [i.e. war talk].

If someone cant even handle smack talk then they'd be thinned skinned. Which psychologically speaking isn't very tough.

Ah, I get the distinction now.
At first read, I thought you were talking about that form of verbal posturing young lads engage in when the pubs kick out.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Best thread I've seen about the difference between our generation and the next

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

well I was raised to believe that stick and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me!

Words are just words , and to allow someone elses words to control your emotional state is allowing you to be controlled completely and you will never find inner peace.

If people want to allow themselves to break down at the first sing of conflict of opinions through words then let them!
if they cant handle it let them break down. Through this small form of suffering they will realise eventually that this is counter productive to their own development.

They are just re-learning a life lesson we were all lucky enough to have been taught by our parents at the time.
Life is so cyclical that it apparent that our generations were in a period of growth , now it appears we are in decline.

I was born 82 so spent most of my childhood trash talking other kids as they did with me and we grew thick skins
we climbed trees , we set fires, we annoyed girls. Teen age years was the same getting drunk at 12 smoking weed
taking light drugs , Experimenting with girls at parties etc.
We never faced this whole social justice movement because we werent outwardly spoken on world issues online ina social setting. Instead we had MSN chat and pedophiles grooming us but we knew that so we shredded them to pieces and reported them to the cops etc.

Time will always be different to generations either side of us , its just the way the world works, but getting upset about it or even making a thread about it shows it must annoy you in some way, but all I can say is let it go , because its doing nothing for you.

For me the mark of a man is being respectful , good mannered , compassionate and being strong for others who need help, and not reacting to everything that others say, you know being wise enough to speak when you have something to say and not just running your mouth because you have to say something!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join