It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is the biggest threat to mankind

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
but i think many of them do have a global flood as part of their traditions.

Indeed. Global flood was part of creation myth by the first human civilization, which is also known as The Mesopotamian human civilization of Sumer, 4000-3500 BC.

It baffle scholars, the only thing ancient human ever wrote after the invention of word, is "God."

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: redletter
Notice how he will judge:

(Isaiah 11:2-4) . . .And the spirit of Jehovah will settle upon him, The spirit of wisdom and of understanding, The spirit of counsel and of mightiness, The spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Jehovah.  3 And he will find delight in the fear of Jehovah. He will not judge by what appears to his eyes, Nor reprove simply according to what his ears hear.  4 He will judge the lowly with fairness, And with uprightness he will give reproof in behalf of the meek ones of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth And put the wicked to death with the breath of his lips.

Those judgement only applied to Judaism and Christian. Those words are pretty much useless to the rest of humankind, because they all goes straight to hell or permenant death.

I mean what is the point of Judgement, when we already know the verdict?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MatterIsLight
THEY HAVE MADE THEMSELVES ENEMIES OF GOD. THEY CONSIDER GOD A THREAT TO THEM. BECAUSE GOD WILL MAKE SURE THEY WILL NEVER HAVE PRIDE OR ARROGANCE AGAIN. FOR THE FIRST TIME A POWER ABOVE THEM WILL FORCE THEM TO COME TO TERMS WITH HOW WRONG THEY ARE, AND THE FACT THAT THEY ARE NOT RIGHT IN ANYTHING, WHEN THEY THOUGH BY ARROGANCE THAT THEY WERE RIGHT IN EVERYTHING.

No they are not. They are like you when you are baby.

When you are a baby, you are in awe with other babies. Funny thing is you don't consider other babies like yourself. Instead you consider them as toys, which is why you poke their eyes, bite their arm and pull their hair.

Human are like that. They still inherit this curiosity and sadism even when they grow up. And for that reason, They need a lot of spanking and time out from God. Religion is just a meditator between human and God. But even that is not enough.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: skippytjc

I Dont Agree, Rather i Agree to Disagree,
I feel like it is more of the misguided Killing each other.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The problem isn't believing in god to no evail, the problem is mankinds ignorance to follow basic instruction.
i.e thoust shall not worship any image nor any symbol etc
Not worship any symbol - so why are crosses carried and hung on church walls?
None of us or very very few are born with the holy spirit that's why we come into this world kicking and screaming our subconscious knows we don't want to be here, but the fact of the matter is it's the choices we make that either allows the absence of said holy spirit or allows the infusion, we can thank adam and eve for that.
Its basic you know god always hears us but just like we humans also always express the answer could just as easily be no.
No wonder he abandons us we dont deserve him.
All people believe they just don't know it, thats why whenever people see for example a accident or something horrible the first screech out of their mouths is usually "oh my god" or "jesus christ" they dont even recognise their ignorance to ask for intervention /forgiveness but then turn around and continue to lead their lifes of chosen sin through constant bad decision making.
Re visit tbe ten commandments read them in simple terms for what they actually say and obey and you will see very rapidly that the abandonment you speak of is nothing more than just a answer of no. And for very very good reason.
These are the facts.
Simple.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Oh and by the way your title is a massive breach of said commandments so no wonder you feel the way you do.
I strongly suggest you do as i say original reply.
Good luck.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: skippytjc
More humans have died in the name of God, or a god, than any other cause in the history of mankind. Why is this?

Because you are bias.

You ignore death caused by 3 world wars, China wars and rebellion, China famine, Mongul conquest and European Colonization of the Americas and death tolls by Atlantic's slave trade. Chinese and Native Americans death far surpassed many Christians and Muslims.

All this deadliest world event in human history have nothing to do with God.

Isn’t the belief in a supreme power enlightening and wholesome?

What supreme power are you talking about? Enlightening and wholesome bear different meanings to various "supreme powers".

How could people, who have dedicated their beliefs and ideals to a power that is the definition of love and kindness, kill each other by the millions and millions?

They don't. It's everything about the 7 deadly sins; pride, greed, wrath, sloth, envy, gluttony and lust.

Its simple: Humans aren’t perfect and humans created God. Thus “God” isn’t perfect.

Nope. You are just rehearsing what the serpent want you to believe.

God is a belief created by man to answer questions that cannot be answered. God IS the answer (at least for now). God is a tool people use to feel comfortable with things or events out of their control. Or seemingly out of their control. God is like divine super glue. God sticks all the pieces together that people seem to have trouble doing themselves.

Strangely, this creation of man, also help shamans to heal people and guide society to better predict seasons, farming, scavenging etc.. And this creation of man also inspire primitive man to learn basic tool making to advance knowledge such as mathematics, astronomy, navigation, metallurgy etc.. Why is that?

The problem with God is, the people who believe in him think that everybody else MUST believe in him. And not just believe in him, but believe EXACTLY what you believe. This is such a strong feeling among believers, they actually think that 100% of people who do not share their belief will go to a horrible place called Hell when they die. Its not even good enough that you believe in God, you must believe in their God.

Some people, will even KILL you for not sharing their exact belief. This has caused more deaths than any other single cause in the history of man. “God” is the worlds #1 terrorist recruiter.

Hey, Genghis Khan, Hitler and New World Colonists didn't give humanity much choice either. It's either you submit or die. Millions Persians, Jews, Native Americans and Chinese were killed. But you don't have any issue with it.

So are you promoting lawlessness?

Disturbing isn’t it?

It is disturbing, God's rebels could cause so much destruction.

But its all true. Or so I think anyways. But that’s part of my point.

Nope. You have it all wrong.

I am “going to hell” because I don’t believe in a God. But am I really?

You are going to hell if you are someone like Hitler, false prophets and fake Jesus. You will be revived again and again for eternity along with others. But you aren't one of them, are you?

Does a mans actions determine his fate? Or his beliefs?

For example: I am a nice guy. I am kind and polite and I have no criminal record. I dont drink or smoke and I walk old ladies across the street and I say things like “please” and “thank you”. I smile and do what I can to be pleasant. I have a wonderful wife and son. But I don’t “believe” so I am going to hell. Am I getting it right so far?

Nope.

It depends. I have no compassion as God does. So I can't provide sufficient answers. There is no universal answer to God's judgement. It depend on a lot of things. For example, your deceased children, righteous parents and even your guardian angels can testify to support your case and influence God's mercy. If grace is given, then you will be allowed to enter Heaven. Else, you are either no longer exist, or given a second chance to be reborn.

There is other paths, but it will not end well for you. It's a path to hell, in case you sell your soul to the devils. For such cases, you are under term with Satan. It could be temporary or permenant. Either ways will lead you straight to no return point. A complete separation from God.

I know I will get flamed for this next remark, but some weaker people even think that God controls things like passion and desire. Hate and love and emotions in general. This is all bunk. They blame crimes on the Devil and their successes on God. God and the devil are just easy solutions to their weak wills and lack of control over their very HUMAN desires.

God does not tempt you to do evil. Everything good come from God. The 7 deadly sins I mentioned before, does not exist when human are created. They exist because of the serpent. They exist because your ancestor ate the forbidden fruit, God told him not to. All the desire to commit evil is not human nature. It is the whispering of the serpent, derived from animal's instinct. You know very well you have the free will to choose Not to do it. Otherwise, you are like animal not Knowing good and evil.

One day, when our mothers and fathers stop forcing their kids to believe one thing or another based on their own fears, humans will shed themselves of the plague known as religion. It’s a psychological virus that is the scourge of all mankind. Someday it is quite possible that belief in a God will end humans existence. Not by “Gods” hand, but by our own fears of the unknown. People kill people who don’t believe. Period.

It has been prophesized. On that day, when people stop believing in God, this world will end. It happens before. Although it may not be the second global flood, it is more likely great earth quake will devour all humanity. Or sun will goes supernova and this earth will be burnt in flames.

I guess it just how things works by God's will. New Earth and New Heaven will emerged from ashes of the old. Mars died, Earth emerged. Milky Ways dies, other galaxy begins with new life.

Pray that you don't live on those days.

PS: I run out of space and there are so much rebutting to do. So, I leave this as it is. I'll get back to the rest of your OP, if I'm free.
edit on 12-10-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join