It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is the biggest threat to mankind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Why is it always God's fault for the wrong that people do? Aren't people responsible for their own actions- whether in organized religions or not. How is it that it's God's fault?

People, as a whole, are not good, period. Some people, by themselves, are good, and some people, by themselves, are evil. To prove my point, how many riots have started due to the winning of a sporting event where people are beaten, shops are robbed, properties are destroyed. That is not due to religion.

Just like all coperations, governments, and organizations, it is the people who control what they do. Just because religion said it, doesn't mean God wanted it that way- man did.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
"God" is a crutch for human beings broken psyche's. God is comfort food.

I have a 1 year old son. If I told him every day, day after day, that if he didnt believe something I wanted him to, he would be tortured in a horrible place for eternity, he would believe it. Well thats been going on for eons.

Religion rules by fear and intimidation. People continue to push thier religions out of fear and fear alone. People are scared by nature, and religion fills that gap. Humans are so terrified of religion most cant even fathom NOT believing. They are too terrified to contemplate it.

I will resate I dont have any issue's at all with having a belief in a supreme power or being, thats just fine if it makes you feel good. But religion by nature wants to convert all non believers to follow thier particular faith. Even if it means cruelty, torture and murder. And often it does.

Gods will kills people, many many people. Millions of people.

"God" is not responsible for anything good I do. I am responsible. As I am responsible for any evil I may do. Just me, nobody else.

"God" to me isnt any more real than Santa or the boogieman. And you know what? I bet I live a more wholesome, good life than most people of religion. And its all due to me and my own values.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The nwo controls the universe. I understand the universe as it is and am the only one allowed to because it's the unknowing of that knowledge that broadens its progression. The absolute is separated first and foremost by the last problem it will ever address, politics. God is the first name of God Killing Machine. G.K.M. Is the only secret kept by the universe.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join