It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weirdest Broadcasts, Transmissions and Mysterious Noises

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I just found this really interesting collection of weird, turbofuture

This

Or this

Also featuring space noises etc. I just thought I share, it's interesting.

And my all time favourite of weird broadcasts:
Art Bell and the frantic caller

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Thanks for those. Will check them out later.

Years ago I used to listen to radio 4 in bed and fall asleep listening to the world service.
One night I woke up and heard the most bizarre thing I've ever heard. I'm sure I turned white and my hair stood on end.
I can't remember much about what was said except it was described as an artists translation of some medieval poetry

I've tried to find it on multiple occasions but with no success. Its probably something that a sound engineer could do or even just some sound effect that's easily done with a PC these days.

That was about thirty odd years ago and it scared me to death!

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Why can't I post?!?!

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Test

1985 Frank
edit on 15-7-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

what are you doing? Trying some weird broadcasting yourself?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Only one word posts apparently

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Extraterrestrial DX Circa 1924: "Will We Talk to Mars in August"
earlyradiohistory.us...

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Well.... that was interesting.

I started with the Art Bell tape. Meh, who knows. Might have been a nut job, might have been the god's honest truth.

Then I watched the Max Headroom tape. Funny

And then, it got really frakking weird.

I'm home alone with my dog. The breed of dog is one that is *very* calm, very quiet. The only time they bark when someone is at the front door is if they think the person is going to tear the door down.

Not even 2 seconds into the first recording, and she went ballistic. Not even a burp or fart to the other two, but the creepy one....it set her off like you wouldn't believe.

Maybe it was the tone of the creepy music that sounded different to her, I don't know. But she got up, went to every door in the house on the first floor and checked, growling the entire time. Mind you, the breed my dog is, they make the geriatric crowd look spry and full of vigor! And she flipped out. I had to open the front door to show her nobody was there, and she stood right at the door, looking out... she was actively scanning to see something.

There re just certain things not to be messed with. And given her reaction, the recording is stopped at 15 seconds and not going one second further.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The Old Tape sounds almost like a Ono Plastic Band experimental soundtrack...
I'm surprised I didn't find it freaky.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I love stuff like this, always find broadcast interruptions real cool like the Max Headroom one I've seen years ago. In my city we have one radio station AM770 that from 1 am to 6 am they have Conspiracy Radio where they would play recorded broadcast interruptions as well as having people on the show to talk about everything form aliens and 9/11 to secret societies and area 51, another great station although they don't do it anymore but when I was in high school my friends and I would also listen to Q107.3 at night as well because from 11:30 pm till 4 am we would have Late Nights With Alice Cooper where he would take over the radio station and it was such good times hanging out in the garage passing around a bottle of whiskey and just listing to conspiracies and great music.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Supposedly, the area 51 caller was a "hoax." A few days later, a guy called the show and claimed he was the one who made the call. Problem is, the guy who claimed responsibility, didn't sound like the same guy at all, but, who knows
edit on 16-7-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Thanks for those. Will check them out later.

Years ago I used to listen to radio 4 in bed and fall asleep listening to the world service.
One night I woke up and heard the most bizarre thing I've ever heard. I'm sure I turned white and my hair stood on end.
I can't remember much about what was said except it was described as an artists translation of some medieval poetry

I've tried to find it on multiple occasions but with no success. Its probably something that a sound engineer could do or even just some sound effect that's easily done with a PC these days.

That was about thirty odd years ago and it scared me to death!

i once tried classic fm to help me sleep, something soothing i thought.
it was gregorian monk chanting and i don't think i slept for a week.

back on topic, in 1977 this broadcast hijack became the basis for many alien myths.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

I remember that happening and kicked myself for missing it.
The thing I heard definitely had recognisable voices in it but there's no way to find words to describe it...unless spooky counts.

The old tape kind of reminds me of something that you might find on a Chris n Cosey album or Elemental7 or maybe Throbbing Gristle. Eventually it would get a bit shouty, though.

Art project, maybe? Hamburger Lady or something similar springs to mind.

edit on 16-7-2017 by Tulpa because: The voices made me do it

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

fake or not, art project or just hijinks, i'm betting those involved never thought two old fogies would be talking about it forty years later.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The first audio sounds like it could be a "numbers station" they broadcast random things that spies can listen to and decipher and to the rest of us sounds like gibberish or nonsense, the second just seems like a hacker having fun and the third Art Bell audio, If I remember correctly, the guy called in the next week and admitted it was him and it was a hoax.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler
back on topic, in 1977 this broadcast hijack became the basis for many alien myths.

The Fortean Times article went on to criticise reports of the incident appearing in newspapers:

Inexplicably the News Of The World and D. Mail call the owner of the voice "Gillon, of the Ashdown Galactic Command" and that he said: "Unless the weapons of Earth are laid down, destruction from outer space invasion will quickly follow." I hope their regular news reportage is more accurate than that, for the indication is that they've simply invented a more shocking message.

Who'd've thought it, the Daily Mail (and the thankfully now deceased NotW), sensationalising. Shocker.

The inspiration?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Decades ago when taping from the radio was what you did I'd sit in my room making mixtapes.

I was taping madonna/justify my love. There was nothing weird in the song, but when I played it back the next day my hair stood on end.

There was the voice of a really creepy old man with the sort of appalachian accent that you'd expect around here. He said, I believe the booger man has a hold of you.

Not boogie man, but booger man. I played it for my mom, who in turn called our preacher who came and blessed the house.

My dad saw the ghost of the man who built the house. It was when we first moved in back in 1983. He described what he'd seen to the granddaughter, she pulled out an old picture and lo and behold it was him down to the hat and neck cravat. My dad is the biggest skeptic there is, very scientific minded. I 100 percent believe in ghosts because if he saw one then I know they are real.

The original owners daughter committed suicide in the house (documented), by drinking carbolic acid when she was 20 I believe. His son died at the age of 14 in a train accident while he was working. Both funerals were held in the house.

I absolutely feel it was the ghost of the man. I was a teenager when this happened and it was a tumultuous time with me screaming I hate you at my poor, wonderful mom. He was probably shocked by how I spoke to my parents, the music I listened to, etc.

The tape got lost. I wish I still had it, but I can hear that voice clear in my mind to this day.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
"the old tape" was created on a PC. It has no analogue modulation property whatsoever

The area 51 caller was a prank.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I thought the Art Bell one was found out to be a hoax though I have to tell you I really believed the guy. I still do to this day. Even if he was a hoax? His words still ring true.

I don't know about the other vids I’ll wait and see what other says - I’m sure I want to listen to them.

A few years back I heard a EVP on a live radio broadcast (about EVP's) and the producers swear it was NOT a hoax.

Hearing it live? I was completely convinced.

I'll try to find it but the show was shut down a few years ago.

peace

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Here is my favorite explanation for the Area 51 caller.

There was/is this famous guy in a famous band who loved Art Bell (he's the singer).

Using some studio equipment the guy called Art Bell and the ensuing call unfolds.

A near pristine copy ended up at the end of one of their records.

The caller? Maynard James Keenan!!

I forgot where I originally saw that one but it puts a smile on my face!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join