It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mattis Tried To Kill Plan To Bar Transgender Surgery For Troops

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

originally posted by: projectvxn
That's all we need. A bunch of undeployable soldiers who can't perform because their bodies are effed up on hormone treatments and surgery.

Inclusiveness at the expense of readiness is ridiculous and dangerous.

Hmm...who do I consider to be more knowledgeable on the matter of force readiness, you and the other ATS generals or the Honorable Mr. Mattis?

I believe, having met and served under him, he sees a larger policy problem. Say your an NCO in the Marines, like I was, and you got a guy that identifies as female. Which standards do you apply to them. Are they allowed earrings in uniform? Are they required a 0-2.5" fade haircut every Monday? Make or female pft?

There have always been different standards for men and women and I think, just my opinion, he is trying to find ways to identify which should be applied. Pre op male standards, post op female. I could be wrong but standards and regulations are used to provide guidance from leadership and if you start making exemptions, leadership loses control and operational readiness drops.

If you have three guys that can't pass the PFT and they say they are female can you kick then out or hold promotion. If not, why should anyone try to 300 the PFT? IDK, I just woke up but that's what I see here. Congress has created a policy and logistical mess with this and I've always supported gay troops. Served with a dozen "openly" gay troops whole don't ask don't tell was in play. Repelling dadt was a good thing but getting involved in identity politics is a cluster.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Anyone willing to give their life to protect our country deserves not just ANY medical care but FREE medical care.
What the US does to it's troops is disgraceful.

Medical care and sex change are not the same

They should be given free housing, free food, free sex changes , free sex if that's what they want.
These people are giving their lives for your freedom, ffs.
edit on 17-7-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join