It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mattis Tried To Kill Plan To Bar Transgender Surgery For Troops

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well here is an interesting bit of insight for those that would cry about Trans service members receiving the proper medical treatment that would help them lead happy and productive lives. It would seem that Warrior legend turned Secretary of Defense spoke in favor of allowing for coverage of Trans related medical care to military service members. Man this has got to be a kick in the jewels for those of you who deny these service members that treatment, to think that your very own Aries support's this treatment for our troops. Well OOH FRIGGIN RAH Mr secretary sir!

Why exactly Mattis called Hartzler on Thursday to urge her to withdraw the amendment is unclear; however, in his statement to Task & Purpose said, Michael seemed to suggest that if transgender troops are allowed to serve openly, Mattis will ensure that they can do so without suffering any form of prejudice.

“The Secretary’s position is that the Department of Defense will continue to treat all Service members with dignity and respect,” Michael wrote.

Link to article

It would seem that Mr Mattis get's it and wants all of his troops to be treated fairly and accordingly which is why to this day he remains the only member of Trump's cabinet that I fully support. I also have a friend (who is also Trans) who is enlisted Army whose job currently has her tasked to the Pentagon and she has had the opportunity on multiple occasions to fly around the world with the President and Secretary of defense. She said that Mr Mattis is just an awesome down to earth kind of guy and a pleasure to work for. I hate to say this next part but in all fairness she also said that Mr Trump is also a nice guy.
edit on 15-7-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
There's fair treatment, as in no discrimination, and then there's covering what amounts to elective surgery. You want to be trans? Fine with me, I say go for it if that's what you want and if you do, start your service after you've transitioned. There's absolutely no reason for you not to be able to serve.
What I object to, is the taxpayer footing the bill for your decision.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What concerns me is how many transgendered join up to the services not because they truly want to serve their country, but in fact want the free surgeries and hormone treatments.

Those that use the services for their own selfish agendas need to be weeded out in my opinion .

And I'm sure both Mattis and Trump are nice guys. I think Mattis made a mistake though. Federal money should not be used for sex changes.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Guess what........

We shouldn't pay for face lifts, cosmetic bicep implants, calf implants, breast size implants, or .... dare I say it .... unnecessary sex change surgery.

We have veterans waiting in line for life saving treatment and you crazies want to waste those resources on non-essential medical procedures.

Go pay for your own crazy.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That's pretty much what it comes down to: where does one fall on the notion of transpeople in general.

Tricare will cover the cost of "medically necessary" cosmetic surgeries. It doesn't cover the cost of elective cosmetic surgery. So it all comes down to how one defines both trans and medically necessary.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Anyone willing to give their life to protect our country deserves not just ANY medical care but FREE medical care.
What the US does to it's troops is disgraceful.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
What concerns me is how many transgendered join up to the services not because they truly want to serve their country, but in fact want the free surgeries and hormone treatments.

Those that use the services for their own selfish agendas need to be weeded out in my opinion .

And I'm sure both Mattis and Trump are nice guys. I think Mattis made a mistake though. Federal money should not be used for sex changes.

Devils advocate here......

How as that any more selfish than joining to get college covered?

I don't care what your motivation is for serving, if you're serving you're serving, if you're taking bullets next to me on a hillside in Afghanistan, I don't really give a sh!t what you're reasons for being there are....

You are serving your country and taking rounds and danger close right next to me, and you've got my back I could give two rats ass what you do when you get rotated back, as long as when it's over you've still got my back....

/rant over.....
edit on 7/15/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Get used to them and I would like you to pay special attention to the hook. For those that say we shouldn't cover these treatments for trans troops, you are wasting your breath. It is happening and it is supported by the second highest ranking member of military chain of command. I am glad that we have people that are smarter and more compassionate than some of the membership here in positions of power and authority. I'm also glad that we are finally in an age where more and more Trans people themselves are able to occupy those same positions of influence. We are everywhere and we have friends in high places who actually give a damn and fight for us...changes get used to them.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Wait...you mean you don't find it horribly offensive that somebody takes a job based off the compensation they receive for doing that job?

Weirdo.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Wait...you mean you don't find it horribly offensive that somebody takes a job based off the compensation they receive for doing that job?

Weirdo.

🤣😆 I know , pretty far out concept right?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

307,000 veterans may have died awaiting Veterans Affairs health care, report says
www.cnn.com...

More Than 100 Veterans Died While Waiting for Care at Los Angeles VA
freebeacon.com...

Hundreds of veterans died waiting for care at Phoenix VA hospital
www.foxnews.com...

www.npr.org...
Inaccurate VA wait times preclude thousands of vets from getting outside care, probe finds

Despite $10B 'Fix,' Veterans Are Waiting Even Longer To See Doctors
www.usatoday.com...

Now, how about we concentrate efforts on life saving medical procedures?

BTW - this is a great example of "government run healthcare" that half the country thinks should be forced upon us.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It sounds so....progressive. And...icky.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

307,000 veterans may have died awaiting Veterans Affairs health care, report says
www.cnn.com...

More Than 100 Veterans Died While Waiting for Care at Los Angeles VA
freebeacon.com...

Hundreds of veterans died waiting for care at Phoenix VA hospital
www.foxnews.com...

www.npr.org...
Inaccurate VA wait times preclude thousands of vets from getting outside care, probe finds

Despite $10B 'Fix,' Veterans Are Waiting Even Longer To See Doctors
www.usatoday.com...

Now, how about we concentrate efforts on life saving medical procedures?

BTW - this is a great example of "government run healthcare" that half the country thinks should be forced upon us.

This thread is not about the corrupt and scandalous organization that is the VA but perhaps you would like to start your own thread about that. That is also not to say that the VA has not done a lot of good for a lot of folks myself included but still it is no secret that that organization is plagued with corruption.

Oh and I'm pretty sure that the majority of your sources are know to be "fake news" in these here parts

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Ha!

Your thread is a promotion to waste tons of money and divert life saving resources to appease cosmetic vanity (oh and feelz)!

Total and complete insanity.

Go pay for your own insanity on your own dime.
edit on 15-7-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Well the VA has it's own budget and the DoD has it's own budget. This article is about a proposed amendment to the DoD budget, which has nothing to do with the VA budget.

I get the point you're trying to make, but you're making it by comparing apples and oranges.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

It sounds unfair to all the vets needing life saving medical procedures... 😕

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
That's all we need. A bunch of undeployable soldiers who can't perform because their bodies are effed up on hormone treatments and surgery.

Inclusiveness at the expense of readiness is ridiculous and dangerous.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Then whine about the VA budget, not the DoD budget.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
That's all we need. A bunch of undeployable soldiers who can't perform because their bodies are effed up on hormone treatments and surgery.

Inclusiveness at the expense of readiness is ridiculous and dangerous.

Hmm...who do I consider to be more knowledgeable on the matter of force readiness, you and the other ATS generals or the Honorable Mr. Mattis?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Then whine about the VA budget, not the DoD budget.

See, I don't want to waste the VA, DOD, or any taxpayer budget on vanity cosmetic surgery. Point blank.

Pay for your own elective surgery!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join