It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

@JesusChrist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Jesus was also capable of anger. Especially against money changers and false teachers. What we have are cults with a product to sell.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

In your book, Satan gave us free will. Read it again.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman

In your book, Satan gave us free will. Read it again.

*sighs and does face palm * ... whatever ..🙄

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Jesus was also capable of anger. Especially against money changers and false teachers. What we have are cults with a product to sell.

Sometimes it is.. more often than not it is merely setting up communities of like minded faith.
The church I have attended doesn't demand or preach tithing ...
They are there as a free service to the people. Those that can afford to give , give .. and some very generously because they are more able as well as willing.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Would you rather see people give money to their churches, instead of to the hardcore drug dealers, gambling, prostitution, nightclubs, etc.

Our world doesn't need those things to survive and flourish, but we need God.. and there is nothing wrong with giving money for the purposes of building community and fellowship, as well as teaching.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I don't attend church or none of my family. We don't spend money on drugs, gambling, prostitution, nightclubs, etc. You see, the brainwashing, if you are not one of us you are bad.

Since the 1980's, mega churches, protect Israel, they have left the poor and oppressed behind.

The Sermon on the Mount, The Beatitudes, are dead poetry.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I don't attend church or none of my family. We don't spend money on drugs, gambling, prostitution, nightclubs, etc. You see, the brainwashing, if you are not one of us you are bad.

Since the 1980's, mega churches, protect Israel, they have left the poor and oppressed behind.

The Sermon on the Mount, The Beatitudes, are dead poetry.

You're the one implying I am saying that about people who don't go to church.

I'm saying ...is what does it matter if people want to freely give to their churches.
People spend their money where they want to, so why condemn churches and religions when there is all kinds of mind control for profit these days , far removed from religious ideology .

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What would I say to Jesus if I saw Him live, face to face ?

I would probably crumble to my knees in loving awe and gratitude.

I'm not sure if I could even muster the strength to say anything except "
Please forgive me "... but if I dared look into his eyes I wouldn't need to say much .. He could easily read the state of my soul and what it is I'd want to say to him ... then I would say " thank you .. I love you "

Cool question OP , I'm sorry I got lead off topic by responding to some posts in an off topic way😏
edit on 15-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Jesus said his way would not be easy.

You are a Pauline,who established his own law and a church Treasury. Both anti christ teachings.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You are a Pauline,who established his own law and a church Treasury. Both anti christ teachings.

Really now ? Jesus had his own treasury established as well as establishing His own laws. ( marraige will be between one man and one woman, with no divorce )

Me thinks you don't know much about Christ's teachings , so instead of calling his followers idiots , if you should happen to meet him someday...why don't you ask him about giving to church communities.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Didn't he say he came not to change the law but to fulfill it.

ETA. And didn't he say something about The son of God has no place to lay His head?
edit on 15-7-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I'm not going to participate in derailing this thread anymore. I need to learn to stay on topic .. sorry for already taking it there.😕

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

"Thank you. I apologize for my mistakes."

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

My ... how judgmental!

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

ETA. And didn't he say something about The son of God has no place to lay His head?

Hmmm, if you really want to believe that about not changing the law, then you also believe we must go to church or to temple because much of the OT law concerns the setting up of such.

Rather, what Christ was so upset about was teachers who used the letter of the law without understanding its spirit. A good example of this was when they brought to adulterous woman before him. They were not concerned about the woman or what she had done and how to do right by her. In fact, all parties there, including the woman, knew she had committed adultery and sinned.

But they were more interested in using legalism, the letter of the law to try to trap Jesus into something for which they could condemn Him. That is against the spirit of the law. It should have been about bringing justice to the woman, not using her sin to find fault in an unconnected party.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If Jesus comes back it's game over. No chance to talk. He will look at you with a face like "cry me a river sucker".

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Jesus did not change the 10 commandments, he added love to the law, the spirit you speak of. It is the heart that will be judged, not adherence to the law. Love covers a multitude of sins.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Applause to you. In this kind of stuff you can't do better than sincerity.

I plan on playing it by ear. His Presence might be a game changer to say the least!!

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

The world is crazy, but how can he take pity on you because you're surrendering? He never gave up, never surrendered, and he knew what was in the cards for him from the very beginning. You say that this is the most important thing you will ever write... i think this is true. I think that you're not alone but are speaking for millions of others who feel as you do... that the world is something you just can't relate to and like a helicopter in a spiraling descent to the ground with no sense of direction, many are lost, confused, and feel defeated. This is a good thing! Don't you see? When the storm is at its worst, the darkness at its peak, and the music hits the crescendo... that's when its nearing the end. Its just before the storm wears itself out, just before the dawn, just before the music fades... you just have to hold out and keep your wits about you. Don't be discouraged or dismayed. Look how many battles have been won when the odds were against it. We're not beaten yet! You can't give up and I'm sure JC would tell you the same thing. Like the day he got up and held his arms out over the stormy seas because his disciples were afraid they were going to drown. He wouldn't pity you, he'd chastise you same as he did them. O ye of little faith... But how many of us are there that are ripe for such chasti

I thought you were kind of brilliant there in that reply
edit on 15-7-2017 by yughii because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko
Jesus did not change the 10 commandments, he added love to the law, the spirit you speak of. It is the heart that will be judged, not adherence to the law. Love covers a multitude of sins.

also brilliant!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join