It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYT Reporter: MY Sources Say Rinat Akhmetshin Worked With Fusion GPS Founder For Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy
WTF dude.
You have no shame do you?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Dull point my friend.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I love it when one of my favorite Alt-Lefties drops by for an extended regurgitation of CNN/MSNBC-induced ignorance.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Perfectenemy
WTF dude.
You have no shame do you?

When it comes to Pedophiles nope none at all. I want justice for everybody not just for a small portion of the american people. The forgotten will no longer be forgotten.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I love it when one of my favorite Alt-Lefties drops by for an extended regurgitation of CNN/MSNBC-induced ignorance.

Her posting style gives me a headache.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

No the DNC didn't take over some democrat did supposedly but Steele said he continued without being paid because he felt our national security was at risk.
He brought this to the attention of the FBI and CIA not the democrats.
One lie fuels the fire.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You bought the new line.
Good I knew you would.

What's gonna be the excuse du jour tomorrow? Have you received the memo yet?
I called it that trump would try to deflect this story with some slanderous story about Hillary. Or blame Obama. Seems he chose the luxury plan and bought both.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Steele said he continued without being paid because he felt our national security was at risk.
He brought this to the attention of the FBI and CIA not the democrats.

No, Steele passed the discredited "dossier" to John McCain.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Faith in media +1

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Too bad no one even knew about the meeting until two weeks ago.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Seems like every time they try to dig up dirt on the Trump administration, all we see is the shady sh** the Democrats were into. Seriously, the corruption and manipulation being uncovered, leads right back to the Obama administration or the Democrat party, with the usual suspects with their fingerprints all over it.

This is blowing up in their face.

One wonders if this is why so many people are out of the country of refusing to cooperate with investigations. Isn't Podesta the latest one to decide to take a vacation overseas?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Too bad no one even knew about the meeting until two weeks ago.

A come on that's a lie and you know it. The NYT reporter knew for a whole year but strangely decided to wait to publish the story and Donald Junior stole his thunder.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Senate Judicial complaint names Rinat as working
with GPS. This matter has been referred to the DOJ for
Investiagation.

www.grassley.senate.gov...

Sooner or later, Natalia, and Rinat are going to be exposed.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Investiagation.

From Grassley Letter

It is particularly disturbing that Mr. Akhmetshin and Fusion GPS were working together on this pro-Russia lobbying effort in 2016 in light of Mr. Akhmetshin’s history and reputation. Mr. Akhmetshin is a Russian immigrant to the U.S. who has admitted having been a “Soviet counterintelligence officer.”[14]

In fact, it has been reported that he worked for the GRU and allegedly specializes in “active measures campaigns,” i.e., subversive political influence operations often involving disinformation and propaganda.[15] According to press accounts, Mr. Akhmetshin “is known in foreign policy circles as a key pro-Russian operator,”[16] and Radio Free Europe described him as a “Russian ‘gun-for-hire’ [who] lurks in the shadows of Washington’s lobbying world.”[17] He was even accused in a lawsuit of organizing a scheme to hack the computers of one his client’s adversaries.[18]

As you know, Fusion GPS is the company behind the creation of the unsubstantiated dossier alleging a conspiracy between President Trump and Russia. It is highly troubling that Fusion GPS appears to have been working with someone with ties to Russian intelligence –let alone someone alleged to have conducted political disinformation campaigns– as part of a pro-Russia lobbying effort while also simultaneously overseeing the creation of the Trump/Russia dossier. The relationship casts further doubt on an already highly dubious dossier.

The actions of Mr. Akhmetshin, Fusion GPS, and the others described in Mr. Browder’s complaint appear to show that they acted on behalf of a foreign principal. This is exactly the type of activity Congress intended to reach with FARA. When properly enforced, FARA provides important transparency.

However, in this case, because none of the parties involved in the anti-Magnitsky lobbying had properly registered under FARA, these suspicious connections were not appropriately documented and brought to public light. In fact, it is unclear whether the FBI was or is aware of Fusion GPS’s pro-Russia lobbying and connection to Mr. Akhmetshin, or that these efforts coincided with the creation of the dossier.

Presumably, such awareness would have informed the FBI’s evaluation of the dossier’s credibility. This is why it is important for the Department of Justice to actually enforce FARA’s disclosure requirements.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Investiagation.

So many catchphrases to post but i'm going with this one.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Rinat is also CEO of International Eurasian Institue for Economic
and Political Research, which is funded by George Soros.

According to court filings, Akhmetshin is a U.S. citizen, now living in Washington D.C. He founded and serves as the CEO of International Eurasia Institute for Economic and Political Research, which provides research on business disputes for Russian and Kazakhstan clients.
www.mediaite.com...

International Eurasian Institute for Economic and Political Research, run by Rinat Akhmetshin, a veteran Washington consultant/lobbyist who for several years served as the Washington representative of Kazhegeldin

www.eurasianet.org...
edit on 15-7-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Satire:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join