It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Pro Golfers Are No Longer Allowed Freedom of Attire.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: carewemust

There seems to be a movement in society to hide sexuality in sports..

solution = competetive sex tournaments

there are youtube vids out there [ i cannot provide links cos T&C ] that combine olympic sports and sex - quite funny

Really? What sport do you recommend?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gr8skott
That's crap. Let them dress like whores if that's what they want. Golf is not a situation where ass and titties is going to give an unfair advantage.

I think that you just highlighted the problem. Women are not whores for what they wear, that's a misogynist's view, salivating over anything that they think is worth a perv, and I'm sure you'd be enjoying the game just for the sport of it otherwise, yeah?

a 'little ass and titties' ?

You remind me of the sort of 'bloke' who would watch naked news...

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Most sports have dress codes or even uniforms.

I fail to see any issue here.

Indeed the LPGA already has a dress code.

""Yes, the LPGA does have a dress code. We allow sleeveless and collarless shirts to be worn during play. There is no specific length requirement on shorts or skirts. Denim, cut-offs, workout clothes are not allowed.""

The current dress code is about to become more restrictive however, as described in post #1 of this thread.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Isn't that why we have beach volleyball?

What do you bet that if Hillary was President, EVERY female sport would require baggy shorts down to the knees...or worse.

I dunno, I imagine Hillary would like all women's sports to be played nude, since she swings that way.

So you don't think Hillary would mind it if Bill gawks at babes who are a bit more fit than she is. Perhaps ur right.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Amother reason not to watch it.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Not one mention of nudity being banned.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Only one thing can rectify this;

Slut Walk.

With the golf announcer's hushed play-by-play.

Err. Stroke-by-stroke.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

What do you bet that if Hillary was President, EVERY female sport would require baggy shorts down to the knees...or worse.

I dunno, I imagine Hillary would like all women's sports to be played nude, since she swings that way.

So you don't think Hillary would mind it if Bill gawks at babes who are a bit more fit than she is. Perhaps ur right.

I don't think she gives a damn what Bill does with other women, clearly, or they wouldn't still be married. I just wonder how many women Bill finished with, then passed them on to Hillary?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Seriously? Hmm..... "Where am I going?".....Nowhere...really...I'm not going to Youtube....honest...I'm staying right here"

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I don't see a problem with this, it just seems like the LPGA wants the focus to be on the golfing and not the women's breasts and buttocks. Sexualising women's sport for viewers is tacky imo.
There is nothing stopping anyone setting up a rival female golfing league that does sexualise the women playing.

Also most of the more prestigious golf courses have a fairly strict dress code don't they?
edit on 15-7-2017 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I don't think she gives a damn what Bill does with other women, clearly, or they wouldn't still be married. I just wonder how many women Bill finished with, then passed them on to Hillary?

It's interesting that you mention this. I had a thread posted about Hillary describing how she became "friendly" with Black prisoners that Bill hired to work at the Arkansas Governor's Mansion. But ATS moderators erased the thread. Here's the article again. www.newsweek.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: oddnutz
I don't see a problem with this, it just seems like the LPGA wants the focus to be on the golfing and not the women's breasts and buttocks.

Also most of the more prestigious golf courses have a fairly strict dress code don't they?

I seem to recall that one was so "prestigious", First-Lady Michelle Obama wasn't allowed to be a member.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Have you ever golfed? ALL golf courses have dress codes. Show up at a course in jeans and a t-shirt, they won't let you golf.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Have you ever golfed? ALL golf courses have dress codes. Show up at a course in jeans and a t-shirt, they won't let you golf.

Exactly. The argument shouldn't be about "everyone should be allowed to wear what they want to wear" but should be supportive of professional organizations to setting standards they require their members to adhere to. It's about setting a level of quality.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

What is the underlying reason for this new, restrictive dress code?

Equality.

Male golfers have restrictive dress codes why shouldn't female golfers.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: gr8skott
That's crap. Let them dress like whores if that's what they want.

How does a whore dress?

If you work in a professional sport then you should dress in the convention of that sport. There is nothing wrong with standards. Personally, as golf is the most dull of games the contestants should dress in bright colours, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Well if you watched the LPGA on Thursday...I happened to catch some at the local watering hole. This beautiful blond.golfer was squatting down in a mini skirt surveying the green for a putt.

Tha camera man had a straight up the skirt crotch shot , and he stayed on it for what seemed like an eternity, the whole time the whole audience having an intimate view of her very white knickers. They werent even traditional lolipops which leave much to the imagination.

I suspect, trends have been sliding further and further and that was the straw that broke the PGAs back and they reacted across the board.

They consider it protecting their brand more than sexism imo.

Just a thought
edit on 15-7-2017 by BlueJacket because: Sp

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Women have pro golf?
Huh,

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
there is only one solution :

A - burkas

B - naked

lets jump straight to the absurd conclusion

Or jump back to when they used to be ... "Not Invited."

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

--Length of skirt, skort, and shorts MUST be long enough to not see your bottom area (even if covered by under shorts) at any time, standing or bent over.

Lol. Another mens club rule... Is this why they sell Barbie and Ken dolls with no privates down there?

I dunno even what to say anymore...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join