It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren Rings the Alarm Over Kid Rock’s Senate Run

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: Bigburgh

I agree. Kid could do it. Kid knows how to be a prick also, when he has too. If Kid runs, I would liken Warren to a balloon, or virginity. One prick and they are gone.

LMAO!!!
:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

He released some maybe 5 albums on his own label, and not even the local Detroit stations would ever play any of it. Ever. All through the 90's...

Then he sold out to Sony, which included that most bizarre hook of 'bawitdabuhdabangdaanananan' song and then the radio played him out at least once an hour. And then everyone liked it because it was "stuck in their head" because that's what happens per neuroscience (like all the other damned cookie cutter 3 step bridge layout songs they only allow on the radio because its the most well proven layout for mind control). And that year the MTV Music Awards honored him with "Best New Artist of the Year Award". He was old, far from kid at that point. Later (it had to be Sony) did a greatest old hits (or whatever they called it) album of the highlights from Kid's own old label.

I was totally tuned out of hardly ever, I mean ever ever, happening to listen in on what the radio was doing by the following year, to ever have known if they played his old stuff that Sony rererereleased.

That same, hell it might have been the same month as that award, that the radio had everyone stoked for like a week about the "NEW KORN SONG COMING OUT SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY TUNE IN"...... it ended up being a song of their album that came out I'm pretty sure it was OVER a year before it. Was old news (er rather fake news LOL). But what had happened was the label decided to release another "single" off the album, and that meant it was eligible to be played on corporate crony conglomerate national radio.

I had been increasingly critical and pessimistic over the way I began perceiving the 'Radio Music Model' to operate for a few years by that point (I was but a teen when 'AOL was the Internet' still, dial up modems, and instinctively started calling listening to the lyrics model of radio songs as being "voluntary brainwashing"; harped all the time about it to people once the concept became clear to me).

So those two events sealed the deal: "Radio Music" is a TOTAL FARCE.

The best music isn't even played on the radio. For starters only music that contains lyrics is allowed outside of a classical or maybe jazz station. And the overwhelming majority of SONGS they allow to get air follow the voluntary brainwashing 3 step bridge format (ever hear the phrase "everything comes in threes", or wonder why every 30 minutes of TV has 3 sets of the same three commercials??). Over the next couple years after that I came to hear accounts of how when bands do get signed, and might just get a single on the radio, by around the turn of the millennium the homogenization game was so tilted that it was typical in contracts for it to be mandatory for corporate stooge producers to run the studio, mold and shape the artists original songs into their BS model whatever.

edit on 15-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
He'd probably have some kickin rallies. Make them pay-per-view for a couple bucks to fund the campaign

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
This is exactly the problem with politicians today, both republicans and democrats. They are actually surprised by citizens no matter who they are, who announce they are running and challenging their stronghold grip and entrenched status. This shows the disgusting and obscene level of this country's most pompous and arrogant people when they announce that it must be a joke for just any ole person to run against them in any capacity. (When doing so is truly exercising their constitutional and patriotic duty) To help make America better and more free.
They have raised and exalted themselves above the citizenry to their current pinnacle where they, and only they feel privileged to dictate how things will go, even often thumbing their noses at their constituents. Just like 99.7% of them are doing right now against our wishes, hopes, and dreams.

I think because your supposed to work your way through the system. You know start at city level become mayor then governor. Then senator or house of representitives then president. They get shocked when people skip all those steps.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I hope kid rock runs.

I would also like to see.

Ted Nugent and LL Cool J run for office.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I would like to take this opportunity to dedicate his song F#k Off to Elizabeth Warren. Let freedom ring, let the people vote for the best candidate.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

he is from michigan, he loves his home who it made him, i think he would be an awesome choice to represent michigan.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
How stupid is this
I don't know or care who kid rock is
It's the thought that a politician is telling people what to do and think
When their job is to represent the people who elect them, not dictate what others do and think

Hope she gets shafted by those who vote for her

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

“I know a lot of people are thinking: this is some sort of joke, right?” Warren wrote in an email blast with the subject line “Senator Kid Rock (R-MI).”

“Well,” she said, “maybe this is all a joke — but we all thought Donald Trump was joking when he rode down the escalator at Trump Tower and announced his campaign, too.

“And sure, maybe this is just a marketing gimmick for a new album or tour — but we all thought Donald Trump was just promoting his reality TV show, too,” she added.

Wait a minute, she's sounding like a Democrat that is trying to learn from their mistakes. This is uncharted territory.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I do not know how good a job he would do, but when you look at the other side of things, could he do any worse than the current crop of politicians in Michigan?

I do not think so, he has successfully reinvented himself a couple of times, (maybe it was just becoming more true to himself over the years I don't know) so he is no dummy so why not, best of luck to him.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: seeker1963

“I know a lot of people are thinking: this is some sort of joke, right?” Warren wrote in an email blast with the subject line “Senator Kid Rock (R-MI).”

“Well,” she said, “maybe this is all a joke — but we all thought Donald Trump was joking when he rode down the escalator at Trump Tower and announced his campaign, too.

“And sure, maybe this is just a marketing gimmick for a new album or tour — but we all thought Donald Trump was just promoting his reality TV show, too,” she added.

Wait a minute, she's sounding like a Democrat that is trying to learn from their mistakes. This is uncharted territory.

Nope! She is a "Nasty Woman" Do you trust women who call themselves nasty?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

academia, politics and flipping houses

So academia and flipping houses are unlawful pursuits? What are you a commie?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That's rich coming from the party of Sen. Stuart Smalley.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I hope that Trump started a revolution, and Kid Rock is a good sign that we might be heading that direction.

Our government representatives are supposed to be... well... our "representatives". They are supposed to be one of us, who stands up for the rest of us. I don't think that our founding fathers ever intended for our representatives to be career politicians.

It's not surprising that Warren is so out of touch that she does not realize this. These career politicians forget the true purpose of their position.

Unfortunately, it has become difficult for someone who is otherwise unknown or has little money to step up as a representative. So, if we have to start with celebrities to break the pattern of only electing career politicians, then that is a start in a better direction.

edit on 7/15/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Pocahontas speaks like a true elite - anyone not in their circle is a joke apparently.
If only she realised just what a laughing stock she is herself.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think it was post reply # 3 on page one....that summed it up real fast:

"he couldnt do worse than those (incumbant) clowns".....interupt42

Clowns is the operative description of most Dems & many Repubes

edit on th31150015696915162017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123
campaign song

my name is kiddddd

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i posted this back in feb in the thread,when they first started talking about him running.
his Rolling Stone interview.

“I am definitely a Republican on fiscal issues and the military, but I lean to the middle on social issues. I am no fan of abortion, but it’s not up to a man to tell a woman what to do. As an ordained minister I don’t look forward to marrying gay people, but I’m not opposed to it,” Rock told The Guardian last month.

It's comments like these that have led some to consider Rock a libertarian and not a Republican. Either way, it has made him a rarity in Hollywood these days - an unabashedly, outspoken conservative superstar.

'Rolling Stone' Asks Kid Rock His Political Views. He Doesn't Hold Back

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Bob for Senate

I can dig it!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join