It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Ratings Collapse - Primetime Shows Draw Less Viewers Than Re-Runs Of "Yogi Bear"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

You do realise that the Variety link used by the gateway pundit states that CNN saw double digit gains..

Variety:

Cable News Viewership Surges in May as Fox News, CNN, MSNBC Log Double-Digit Gains

Gatewaypundit:

CNN Continues to Fall in TV Ratings – “Yogi Bear”, “Full House” and “Friends” Reruns Doing Better

They then go on to say..

Fake news does not pay. Let’s hope that all biased reporting by left wing media outlets gets pointed out in the years ahead under President Trump so that they either tank in ratings or change their ways to less biased reporting.

Oh the irony.

edit on 14/7/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Vorian

I never once talked about ratings.

I said anyone that is watching CNN for news needs help.

True, my assertion stands.

The OP title talks of ratings. You may feel that people that watch CNN need help, but it doesn't make it true.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vorian

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Anybody that watches CNN for anything other than the cringe factor or comic relief, needs some serious help.

Having said that, anybody still watching them for the news is probably too far gone for any kind of help.

Says you. When did you become the expert on news? I think the same of FOX.

FOX has people on that say 'women have destroyed society by getting careers and raising families on their own'. FOX has the craziest guest contributors. If you are watching it just to laugh at it, then fine.

This thread is not about FOX, it is about CNN, may I ask why you are deflecting and not staying on topic?

Don't act stupid.

In order to say CNN's ratings have collapsed, you have to compare it to other cable news outlets. So I did. The OP is a false assumption.

My answer it is not a deflection, it is factually showing what was posited was incorrect.

Which was my original point, if we are going to discuss ratings, one must also include the massive amount of alternative media, that affects all of the above.

All of the MSM ratings are collapsing because of the obvious propaganda/agenda being spewed forth from their well played psy-ops.

Clearly you would not be stupid enough to not understand this.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Because Alton is just that Awesome.

link   

Anybody that watches CNN for anything other than the cringe factor or comic relief, needs some serious help.

Having said that, anybody still watching them for the news is probably too far gone for any kind of help.

Says you. When did you become the expert on news? I think the same of FOX.

FOX has people on that say 'women have destroyed society by getting careers and raising families on their own'. FOX has the craziest guest contributors. If you are watching it just to laugh at it, then fine.

This thread is not about FOX, it is about CNN, may I ask why you are deflecting and not staying on topic?

Don't act stupid.

In order to say CNN's ratings have collapsed, you have to compare it to other cable news outlets. So I did. The OP is a false assumption.

My answer it is not a deflection, it is factually showing what was posited was incorrect.

Which was my original point, if we are going to discuss ratings, one must also include the massive amount of alternative media, that affects all of the above.

All of the MSM ratings are collapsing because of the obvious propaganda/agenda being spewed forth from their well played psy-ops.

Clearly you would not be stupid enough to not understand this.

The link I provided that has Nielsen ratings show the mainstream cable news networks surging in market share. Alternative news may also be. This thread was not about the alternative news networks.

If it was, I could mention TYT, which does have the highest alternative news audience in the world.
edit on 14-7-2017 by Vorian because: (no reason given)

link   

This crappy OP gets 13 flags. No one who gave the flags took a second to see if what was posited was factual. That's just lazy.

Truth is in short supply around here. ATS now stands for All Trump Sucka**

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Not just watching it, because even I watch it, but watching it for actual news and taking it as gospel, yes needs help.

But if that's you, I don't think any help would be sufficient at this point.

edit on 14-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

This crappy OP gets 13 flags. No one who gave the flags took a second to see if what was posited was factual. That's just lazy.

True!!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Not just watching it, because even I watch it, but watching it for actual news and taking it as gospel, yes needs help.

But if that's you, I don't think any help would even be sufficient at this point.

I just watch it for news. All the cable news channels have the same news and too much commentary.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

The FOX News viewers, at their average age, will be dead in a few years.

On top of that, not fair to mix news channels with non news channels. I am surprised by MSNBC, it is sort of News Lite. But if this list was just news it would be FOX, MSNBC, CNN.

Also, younger people watch news on the internet. I don't watch TV. I watch CNN on the internet. Youtube has channels dedicated to streaming it. FOX viewers don't know how to do that.

These numbers a re more than off.

Variety

The viewership spike for cable news shows no signs of slowing down. Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC all saw double-digit ratings growth across the board for the second quarter of 2017, according to Nielsen data.

Driven by surges for “The Rachel Maddow Show” and “Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell,” MSNBC is up a whopping 86% in total viewers in primetime compared to second-quarter 2016. CNN saw a 39% leap in adults 25-54 in total day. Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight” and MSNBC’s “Rachel Maddow” split the crown for most-watched cable news program in primetime, with Carlson winning in total viewers and Maddow taking the demo.

Oddly, CNN is NOT dead. Far from it. But thanks to the OP for 'Fake News'.

And I know most of you don;t like Rachel Maddow, but she is mainly responsible for putting MSNBC at #2.

LOL.

Ok, so the OP posts actual Nielsen ratings....you know...the ones that every single network uses!

And you post ratings by Variety....of which every single link in the article links to another Variey story....not a single one about how they pulled numbers or anything.

Please...if you're going to try to look intelligent and actually try to make an argument, maybe your source should have a source for their figures....you know, one that actually measures them like Nielsen...

Outside of that, you can argue you've posted figures all you want.....

Let me know when networks base their advertising on Variety and drop Nielsen....

I actually feel sorry for you just a smidgen.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
The Nielsen ratings are in the article.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And then there's you....

link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

CNN's own producers admit that they keep pushing the Russia narrative for ratings. I'm sure the Don jr. "bombshell" (Lol) has given them a much needed reprieve.

They're milking that cow raw.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I deleted CNN from my news feed, I am tired of their BS. I won't go back.

I am sure they are sad you left.

Your comment illustrates perfectly CNN's rating problem. They just don't care, and people in droves can understand that.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Chadwickus

CNN's own producers admit that they keep pushing the Russia narrative for ratings. I'm sure the Don jr. "bombshell" (Lol) has given them a much needed reprieve.

They're milking that cow raw.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Nickn3
I deleted CNN from my news feed, I am tired of their BS. I won't go back.

I am sure they are sad you left.

Your comment illustrates perfectly CNN's rating problem. They just don't care, and people in droves can understand that.

CNN has no ratings problem. If you scroll back, you will see it has gained marked share, greatly, not lost.

People will say that all night though...I am tired of saying scroll up.

The echo chanber hurts my ears.
edit on 14-7-2017 by Vorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe
The Nielsen ratings are in the article.

No...they aren't there isn't a single link to Nielsen in that article.

Please quote the link to their numbers for me.

The sole reference to Nielsen in that article is this:

The viewership spike for cable news shows no signs of slowing down. Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC all saw double-digit ratings growth across the board for the second quarter of 2017, according to Nielsen data

No links to Nielsen or their data...only back to more Variety articles.

Try again....

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I'm a Fox viewer, I'm under age 35 and I know how to stream on youtube.

Your entire post was smashed just that easily.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
What makes you so sure this has to do with Trump, and not the fact it's mid July and everyone's off camping and barbecuing?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I never once talked about ratings.

I said anyone that is watching CNN for news needs help.

True, my assertion stands.

The OP title talks of ratings. You may feel that people that watch CNN need help, but it doesn't make it true.

That's because needing help would be an understatement.

CNN viewers need to be locked in a mental ward.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join