It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Hire Lawyer Ty Cobb to Respond to Russia Probes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is an interesting hire. It has been anticipated since the term impeachment has been thrown around.

Cobb will be the central in-house figure on matters related to the investigations into Russian interference in the election and the Trump campaign’s possible involvement, working closely with Trump’s outside legal team led by Marc Kasowitz and John Dowd. Trump’s chief strategist, Steve Bannon, sought to model the White House’s Russia war room in the vein of former President Bill Clinton’s operation during the investigations of his White House in the 1990s, two people familiar with the matter said.

Can we point out the bias? I knew that you could!
www.bloomberg.com...

Another look from another source.

Ty Cobb will now be in charge of overseeing the Trump administration's legal and media response into various ongoing investigations into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and possible collusion with the president's campaign.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

I guess my only question is; will Cobb be on offense, or defense. Well it turns out:

Cobb will help enforce "discipline" in both President Trump and the White House. Bloomberg reported he is "intended to be traffic cop, enforcer of discipline, and public spokesman."

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Good i hope his first action is finding out how the NYT obtained the emails from Donald Junior's conversation.

edit on 14-7-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I thought Ty Cobb played baseball.
edit on 14-7-2017 by Yourmomsentme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I just Pray this Ty Cobb plays like the great Ty Cobb played baseball.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: judydawg

I just Pray this Ty Cobb plays like the great Ty Cobb played baseball.

See. He is a baseball player!!!! Ho!y crap it's the #ing Mandela Effect!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Yup...me too.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Yourmomsentme

LOL I guess you are not old enough to remember the baseball player Ty Cobb

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You need a score card to keep up with the changing lawyers in Trumps WH. Jared just lost Isikoff.

Needing to hire so many lawyers probably doesn't speak favorably on Trump politically. believe me....

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Good i hope his first action is finding out how the NYT obtained the emails from Donald Junior's conversation.

It was leak from inside the white house. Trump has insulted so many of his staff, they feel no loyalty to him and he brought all these leaks and problems down on himself....irony

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Do you mean Gorelick? Isikoff as far as I know is a journalist.

"As we have stated, once Bob Mueller and three of our partners left the firm to form the Special Counsel's Office, we advised Jared to get independent legal advice on whether to continue with us as counsel," Gorelick said in a statement.

"As a result of this process, Jared decided that Abbe would represent him in the Russia-related inquiries. We are currently helping Abbe’s team. We will continue to work on the matters for which we were originally retained, with regard to ethics compliance, the SF-86 process, and related issues," she added.

Seems perfectly legit.
thehill.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Yourmomsentme

He actually is related to the famous Ty Cobb.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You're correct, it is Gorelick. I think I'd change my name....believe me.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Doubtful. IMO from what I've read, he will just be doing some PR and legal advise as it pertains to Muellers investigation.

If it dips into that or forced Mueller to go there, more power to them.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

It was leak from inside the white house. Trump has insulted so many of his staff, they feel no loyalty to him and he brought all these leaks and problems down on himself....irony

Sources say (yeah , the bartender in the bar down the street.+

top topics

join