It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Doxxes Concerned Citizens

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Mine is about to explode at the utter ignorance I've witnessed here this evening! Obviously we have people here who have never personally dealt with government in the matter of government solicitation of comments on public policy. Or any other thing I suppose.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure this move to reveal the names and contact information of letters to the White House is UNPRECIDENTED.

People are urged to write their representatives, or to sign petitions, about initiatives all the time. I've never seen a list of petition signer's personal information published,nor have I ever seen a Congress person, a Senator, a City Council person or a Mayor release a cache of and the names and contact information of the authors of the letters they receive.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Then you've never asked for a report of comments received during a public comment time on a policy issue. If you had, you would have received the comments along with the information supplied by the person making the comments. I can't believe you people actually don't know how government works.

Deny ignorance. Get involved and educate yourself before you start squawking about "UNPRECIDENTED."

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I understand the Freedom of Information Act, that formally written requests for information must be honored under the law. But that's entirely different than publishing the information indiscriminately and irresponsibly.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Because the intent of this move would only escape kids or foreigners. It's like an abused kid defending an abusive parent.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

originally posted by: roadgravel
I think the SS# data is interesting.

There is no need for that other than tying a person's info deeper into the system then is need for their purpose. That's not going to be in the voter roles. It is useful for identity theft should it get out there while tied to a name and address.

If i understand how ss#s work, they want to ensure a) they're not fraudulent and b) they're citizens and not foreigners exempt from voting.

I could be wrong but the ss would make sense if i'm right.

Not necessarily for it but at least it would be logical.

Most voters would have a SS# but it is not a requirement as a citizen.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Justice? No far from it. Imagine if Obama docked those with CCW PERMITS. How would you respond then? reply to: Perfectenemy

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
No my dear, your comments clearly show that you don't understand how government works in this case. Had you ever done any serious activist work you would realize that this IS the way things are done when an agency requests comments on policy issues.
Deny ignorance. Get involved and actually learn how things work before you begin screeching about privacy violations. Please.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
No my dear, your comments clearly show that you don't understand how government works in this case. Had you ever done any serious activist work you would realize that this IS the way things are done when an agency requests comments on policy issues.
Deny ignorance. Get involved and actually learn how things work before you begin screeching about privacy violations. Please.

This is not the way a rational and sane government works. When it comes to its private citizens, it should favor privacy over transparency. Any personal information should have been redacted. This just shows total apathy on the part of the Trump administration toward those who voiced their valid concerns over this ridiculous Election Integrity Commission.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

If this is the way my government ALWAYS handles public input, please link to me another similar list. Surely, there are several Congress persons and State Representatives that have posted all the emails and letters, including contact information, they have received on, say, TrumpCare.

Waiting.............

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

And my dear, you also should really get involved to see how things actually work before you begin your squalling about "rational and sane government." This is the way it has worked since the '70s at least. That is when I began paying attention and actually participating in the process. If you are giving your comments to the government at their invitation to do so, you must identify yourself. This is to avoid a bunch of mimeographed letters being sent in by organizations that have an interest in the issue upon which comments were solicited.

Geeze Louise---did you not have a civics class in 7th grade or have you not gotten to middle school yet? Because this sounds ever so much like an elementary school argument.

When it is explained to you that what they did is the way things are done in the public comment business---you retreat from yelling "ILLEGAL" to "rational and sane" government....why not just admit that you didn't know the law or the practice because you've never given enough of a tinker's dam to get involved and actually participate? Such displays of pure, unadulterated ignorance just make you look stupid. But there is a cure for ignorance....get involved and actually learn the process if you want it changed. If you are human. Bots need not apply.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie
Another display of abysmal ignorance---CCW permits are state issued. Each state has its own statutes concerning privacy of such documents....

I guess the bots don't get the civics class chip added until it becomes an embarrassment...

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have neither the time nor inclination to do your research for you. I didn't take you to raise so I'm not responsible for your education. It shouldn't be a big task to trace down public comment periods in the Federal Register....geeze.

Again, I wonder if those creating this non-issue are in fear of being found out as running bots to overwhelm the comments?

Do you really not understand that once you voluntarily submit a document to the government it becomes the property of the government? And that they can use that document to any purpose that would help them govern?

You'll be waiting a long time if you expect others to spoon feed you the way government works. That is your civic responsibility as a citizen. Believe it or not, there is far more to being a responsible citizen than voting once every four years and moaning on internet forums.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

edit on 15-7-2017 by Logarock because: N

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

In other words, there isn't any such "other" lists! All your bluster and pretend lectures won't change that. You are unable to source your outlandish claims.

edit on 15-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: roadgravel
I think the SS# data is interesting.

There is no need for that other than tying a person's info deeper into the system then is need for their purpose. That's not going to be in the voter roles. It is useful for identity theft should it get out there while tied to a name and address.

Might check them against IRS records.

That's what I would do.

The explanation I have heard from Kobach is that they want to determine if two people with the same name and birthdate registered in two different states are two different people or a single person that was never removed from the voter rolls in his/her non-residence state. The SSN is the easiest way to achieve that.

Like I said, that is Kobach's explanation. Take that for what you will.

Do I like government collecting this information? No, not really. But considering that the Social Security Administration obviously has my full SSN number on file, along with my birth date and other personal data... that ship has already sailed.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Here Sweetheart, take my hand as we enter this scary world of public comment: www.regulations.gov...

After you've clicked on that link, pick any issue which interests you. Read up on it and you will find the very disclaimer that someone posted much earlier in this thread. If one is literate and legitimately interested in filing a comment, they will read the information before firing off a comment. They do not attempt to hide the fact that your comment will be a part of the public record. Deny ignorance by educating yourself please.

Now go to other issues whose comment periods have passed and view the comments which became part of the public record when they were submitted. These comments are designed to help inform the agency seeking them---not to vent anger over a lost election.

If you go back far enough in the archives (and you knew my name) you would find my name and comments on many issues, most particularly the Clean Water Act in 1972 and NAGPRA in the early '90s. In addition I have 2 four-drawer filed cabinets in my attic full of just such documents in printed form that pertain to all the information about Land Between the Lakes National Recreational Center. I know this because I've been there and done and have a t-shirt collection as a bonus. I learned to write and present comments to government requests when I was in high school. The Clean Water Act was much in the news.

ETA:

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure this move to reveal the names and contact information of letters to the White House is UNPRECIDENTED.

Now that you've actually introduced yourself to commenting on official government policy, perhaps you can understand the difference between writing a letter to the WH or a Senator. The mode of commenting plainly tells you that your information may be made part of the public record.

Had you bothered to click on any of the links available in the OP link, you could have avoided exposing your ignorance in such a spectacular manner.

Now that
Have a participation award.
edit on 15-7-2017 by diggindirt because: addition

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Sorry darling, but not one of the links on your source page lead me to a list of public comments. Do better!

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
As I pointed out in my edit---had you clicked on the links within the OP link...like this one: www.regulations.gov...
You would be far better informed.
I'm beggin' ya---Deny ignorance by educating yourself. Or upgrading your chip...whatever. Have a great life.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: redtic

And my dear, you also should really get involved to see how things actually work before you begin your squalling about "rational and sane government." This is the way it has worked since the '70s at least. That is when I began paying attention and actually participating in the process. If you are giving your comments to the government at their invitation to do so, you must identify yourself. This is to avoid a bunch of mimeographed letters being sent in by organizations that have an interest in the issue upon which comments were solicited.

Geeze Louise---did you not have a civics class in 7th grade or have you not gotten to middle school yet? Because this sounds ever so much like an elementary school argument.

When it is explained to you that what they did is the way things are done in the public comment business---you retreat from yelling "ILLEGAL" to "rational and sane" government....why not just admit that you didn't know the law or the practice because you've never given enough of a tinker's dam to get involved and actually participate? Such displays of pure, unadulterated ignorance just make you look stupid. But there is a cure for ignorance....get involved and actually learn the process if you want it changed. If you are human. Bots need not apply.

I'd bother to respond specifically to your rants, but your air of condescension is just too thick to care. Carry on.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Give me a link to an actual list. Show me a list of people's email comments, their names, email addresses, phone numbers and street addresses, like the list of those emails who commented on the President's Voter Fraud Panel that I saw on the White House web site.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join