It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Doxxes Concerned Citizens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Half of the emails were received before the privacy notice..as underwerks has shown.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: DanteGaland

And the Media is the enemy of the people? This Administration is a disgrace!

Reading is hard huh? Those morons in the OP didn''t read the fine print how is that the adminstrations fault?

It must be. If you had read the article you'd know that approximately half of the emails published were from before the privacy notice.

Reading is hard though.

That didn't stop the other half from posting though. People still ignored the fine print. It's not far fetched that the half that posted without the notice wouldn't have read it either.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Are you a kid?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Are you a kid?

What gave you that impression? Sorry that i don't take peoples complains seriously who frequent Facebok and Twitter but whine about their privacy.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I wish people could man up and just admit they made a mistake you know instead of attempting to circle around the truth.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

This was an jerk move by the Trump admin. Complain and you run the risk of public shaming. Next up... scarlet letters.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight...

The White House put up a comment page to get feedback on proposed actions. Some people gave that feedback, without bothering to read the part where their comments may be reposted in their entirety. Now that those comments have been reposted in their entirety, these people are upset about their privacy.

Is that about right?

If so, congratulations to President Trump for asking for public feedback! Wow, what a breath of fresh air! A President who asks the people what they think!

Sounds like a typical Democrat flood... "We want to cuss you out for everything you do, but don't you dare try to let anyone else know who cussed you out." Not seen the actual page, and not going to look for it... just a waste of time looking at idiots who can't be bothered to read the rules before jumping in with both feet and then complaining about their jumping in with both feet.

If you got something to say, at least be proud enough to say it openly. Otherwise, people need to clamp their pie-hole.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yup.

...and I'm still not certain what's so bad about all of this, according to some.

Voters having to prove they're eligible to vote? How dare they!!

The problem is, the admin wants to make the database of voter information public. In addition to address, the admin is asking for the last four digits of voter social security numbers. With a name, birthday and last four SSN digits, you could steal almost anyone's ID.

I don't want the last four digits of my SSN on a public database. Do you?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Don't dare to bring logic into the mix they don't like that here.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The commission drew widespread criticism when it emerged into public view by asking for personal information, including addresses, partial social security numbers and party affiliation, on every voter in the country.

If you saw the original request from Kobach, he asked for publically available data - nothing private.

So now they want to publically show people the publically available data, I assume for transparency of their actions, and you are upset that the publically available data will be publicized?

Just checking.

Kobach's request:

if publicly available under the laws of your state, the full first and last names of all registrants, middle names or initials if available, addresses, dates of birth, political party (if recorded in your state), last four digits of social security number if available, voter history (elections voted in) from 2006 onward, active/inactive status, cancelled status, information regarding any felony convictions, information regarding military status, and overseas citizen information.

You *DO* understand that all this data can be looked at by anyone already, right? You *DO* understand that this data is used by politicians and PACs to send out fliers and robo-calls, right?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

The logic is half of those who wrote in were not told when they sent it in that their info would be shared.
Is logic hard for you?.

link   

You ought to read them all! I can guarantee you the one I wrote will REALLY infuriate you! Get back to me when you know my REAL name!

roflmao

WASHINGTON COMPOST

link   
a reply to: underwerks

The feds DID NOT SOLICIT public comment until July 13. In fact, the individuals caught up in this are victims of their own backfiring BS.
m.dailykos.com...
From June 30 Daily Kos...

I’m sure Kris is dying to know what you think, too, fellow American peoples. So let him know. That address again is ElectionIntegrityStaff@ovp.eop.gov. Because shame on us if we can’t shove half a million emails up his inbox, witnessing for the truth.

The *ahem* People tried to get cute and use an email address which had been setup specifically for STATE GOVERNMENTS to send requested information and solicited comments to the committee. The email address was learned and the liberal activist machine kicked into action, intending to avalanche the process because: WTF knows their logical pathways anymore, your guess is as good as mine. And they got bit in the ass over it. The White House posted the disclaimer yesterday because yesterday was the first point in which the government decided to use this email for any sort of general public comment.

Oopsie, better put some salve on that red ass, Dailykos et al.

FOILED again!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: windword

And the Media is the enemy of the people? This Administration is a disgrace!

Reading is hard huh? Those morons in the OP didn''t read the fine print how is that the adminstrations fault?

It must be. If you had read the article you'd know that approximately half of the emails published were from before the privacy notice.

Reading is hard though.

Unsolicited... read on, please.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

#ing hell i fell for fake news again.
Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

The commission drew widespread criticism when it emerged into public view by asking for personal information, including addresses, partial social security numbers and party affiliation, on every voter in the country.

If you saw the original request from Kobach, he asked for publically available data - nothing private.

So now they want to publically show people the publically available data, I assume for transparency of their actions, and you are upset that the publically available data will be publicized?

Just checking.

Kobach's request:

if publicly available under the laws of your state, the full first and last names of all registrants, middle names or initials if available, addresses, dates of birth, political party (if recorded in your state), last four digits of social security number if available, voter history (elections voted in) from 2006 onward, active/inactive status, cancelled status, information regarding any felony convictions, information regarding military status, and overseas citizen information.

You *DO* understand that all this data can be looked at by anyone already, right? You *DO* understand that this data is used by politicians and PACs to send out fliers and robo-calls, right?

You may be okay with your name, address, birthdate and last four digits of your SSN in a public database, but I'm not.

I don't really give a hoot about the name and address. Indeed, that's probably public in my state. But I know for a fact that SSNs are not. Do you know how easy it would be to break into bank accounts with the SSN digits?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

It's terrible that you, and apparently many like you, do not understand public records and government. I know your nominee liked deleting things, but government emails are supposed to be retained and kept as part of the public record.

Maybe all the people bitching about government should learn how it works.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The Federal Register notice soliciting comments was published on July 5. The White House page was published on July 13.

Approximately half of the emails published by the White House were dated prior to July 5.

OH!!! OHHH!!!! OMFG!
www.gpo.gov...
From the July 5th Federal Register...

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: To
obtain information about the
Commission or to submit written
comments for the Commission’s
consideration, contact the Commission’s
Designated Federal Officer, Andrew
Kossack, via email at
ElectionIntegrityStaff@ovp.eop.gov or
telephone at 202–456–3794. Please note
the Commission may post written
comments publicly, including names
and contact information, in accordance
with the provisions of FACA.
There will
not be oral comments from the public at
this initial meeting.

SCOREBOARD
So we've established that WaPo just flat out lied about that little factoid. Do we really have any reason to continue this?
edit on 14-7-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You *DO* understand that all this data can be looked at by anyone already, right?

Some of it requires paying some states for the data.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Whether they were solicited or not has zero to do with what this is.

If there is any chance that some of the emails were sent in before the privacy disclaimer, they should err on the side of privacy, not just publish everything.

That's what this is about. For some reason a lot of people don't seem to care about privacy as long as it's their guy taking it away.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join