It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trump Snobbery

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

I'm in love with Trump as much as "your" in love with grammar and punctuation. What is it the kids are saying these days? Oh yeah: "smh in disbelief".

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I rather have bad punctuation then to have bad judgment and be a puppet with strings on my back...creating a hundred paragraph thread defending a clown that doesn't have a bit of care in the world about you.

I'm in love with Trump as much as "your" in love with grammar and punctuation. What is it the kids are saying these days? Oh yeah: "smh in disbelief".

edit on 16-7-2017 by ImmortalLegend527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

A bit snobbish of you don't you think?.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You sure we are the ones who are snobs?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The irony is that, though Trump's personality is labelled vulgar, boorish, a baffoon, a man-child, and a bully, snobbery is all of those things par excellence. But I'm very certain that if we were able to put Trump beside you, the reality wouldn't live up to the over-exaggerated view of yourself, and you'd find yourself to be a little bit inferior in all aspects.

Actually that's probably not true in many cases, not sure from what data source you are dredging up that wild guess.

Even if it were true, if everyone could stand next to the President of the United States, and live up to whatever ideal that person lives up to, then we'd have a lot more choices for POTUS every 4 years. Why would you compare a regular working joe with the leader of the free world?

Which is the problem - Trump probably DOES stand equal (or lesser) than many men when it comes to ideals, courtesy, ego, brashness, and so on. Heck.. if I wanted that, I could vote for Bob the Bartender down on the corner, I know and like him better than Trump, and he at least actually does understand what it is to be working class, living paycheck to paycheck, and his political acumen is probably on par with Trump as well.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Does it make me a snob if I disagree with his policies? Does it make me a snob if I don't like his moral values? Does it make me a snob if I think that Putin & the kremlin are our enemies and should be treated as such? Before all the trumpers start flaming me, I loved Ronald Reagan, and I believe he would have never gotten so chummy with Russia if they pulled this election hacking crap on his watch. Man I miss Ronnie and his level headed followers.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: oakesnmarley
Does it make me a snob if I disagree with his policies? Does it make me a snob if I don't like his moral values? Does it make me a snob if I think that Putin & the kremlin are our enemies and should be treated as such? Before all the trumpers start flaming me, I loved Ronald Reagan, and I believe he would have never gotten so chummy with Russia if they pulled this election hacking crap on his watch. Man I miss Ronnie and his level headed followers.

By the way, when did it become ok to believe Russia and not our own people? Is everyone in bed with Russia now? Is it the money? It really pisses me off that this Russian meddling is dividing our great country, its the oldest trick in the book. Divide and conquer.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Lol, new desperation tactic I see. Snobbery. What a joke.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
Lol, new desperation tactic I see. Snobbery. What a joke.

Once a snob, always a snob.

Isn't bigot just another word for snob?

I'm sure racist could apply also, depending on who one is snobbing at.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Trump is all of the things you mention people disliking his character over, but his policies also suck!

I also find most of his cabinet detestable, and as much as I dislike all he stands for, if Pence succeeds him it will be worse and Pence may actually achieve get some policy through.
edit on 17-7-2017 by TurduckenMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The irony is that

... this thread reeks of snobbery.

For an oligarch-sellout, who sh!ts on our uniting values like a fcking dove in midair, I think he really deserves more mockingbirds than he actually gets. Which is probably all we can possibly have, but... still. It simply aint enough yet.

But then the universe laughs back at me and I can mock good dogs like you in threads like this. Thanks for that... I guess.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

According to a Gallup poll, the majority of Americans who disapprove of President Donald Trump do so not because they are opposed to his policy and results, but because they do not like his character or personality. No surprise. We also know from the many negative, and often obsessive references to his mannerisms, his hair, his voice, his skin, his body, they also take issue with how he looks. These and other extrinsic critiques of a person are evidence of snobbery.

At the core of snobbery is the attempt to make yourself feel superior at the sacrifice of others, often by determining merit on external factors and other trifles. In the end it is the snob’s tenuous but exaggerated and extravagant view of himself that he needs to have confirmed by an outward display of his supercilious feelings. The only reward is the sudden but short-lived emotional currency, but the effects are often detrimental. As D.H. Lawrence wrote, “[snobbery] is the desire for what divides men and the inability to value what unites them".

No it isn’t about results or policy or even the politics, but how the president looks in comparison to how the snobs wishes he would look. With Obama, the snobs of the media could proudly virtue-signal to the rest of the world about their high-mindedness, all of it designed to impress, even if little changed in terms of policy and results.

Due to the sensational ridiculing of the president to the rest of the world (much of which was fake or false, but always snobbish), the media has only eroded America's image since Trump became president. Snobbery, after all, is always a process of diminishing returns.

The irony is that, though Trump's personality is labelled vulgar, boorish, a baffoon, a man-child, and a bully, snobbery is all of those things par excellence. But I'm very certain that if we were able to put Trump beside you, the reality wouldn't live up to the over-exaggerated view of yourself, and you'd find yourself to be a little bit inferior in all aspects.

LesMis

Tu quoque (/tjuːˈkwoʊkwiː/;[1] Latin for, "you also") or the appeal to hypocrisy is an informal logical fallacy that intends to discredit the validity of the opponent's logical argument by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with its conclusion(s).

Tu quoque "argument" follows the pattern:

Person A makes claim X.
Person B asserts that A's actions or past claims are inconsistent with the truth of claim X.
Therefore X is false.[2]
An example would be

Peter: "Based on the arguments I have presented, it is evident that it is morally wrong to use animals for food or clothing."
Bill: "But you are wearing a leather jacket and you have a roast beef sandwich in your hand! How can you say that using animals for food and clothing is wrong?"[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

I would add - WHAT POLICIES? WHAT RESULTS?
edit on 21-7-2017 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Anything besides PRAISE seems... "snobby" to Cult 45 members...

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Oh look you know what an appeal to hypocrisy is, but you do not know or refuse to say how it applies here.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Yep, they just dont get it.

We know Trumps an ass....we dont care as long as he kicks ass on the threats to America, inside & out.

Maybe Gen. Patton was an ass....who cares...kill Nazis, cross the Rhine, get to Berlin. A hired gun, paid to do a job on enemies.
edit on 1-8-2017 by FrostyFlakes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join