It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trump Snobbery

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yes it does make it snobbery when those and not policy and results are the only issues of contention. You guys don't like how he looks, how he acts, how he tweets, how he talks, his lifestyle, his mannerisms—he's a buffoon, a child, a bully, a baby, thin-skinned—and then you all turn out to be the same or worse as your accusations. That is evidence of snobbery.

We're judging Trump on a lifetime in the public eye and some severe vetting via a presidential campaign. And you're judging "us" based on a few anonymous posts on a conspiracy website. Yeah, that makes sense.

I'm not speaking specifically about people on ATS.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

Yes it does make it snobbery when those and not policy and results are the only issues of contention. You guys don't like how he looks, how he acts, how he tweets, how he talks, his lifestyle, his mannerisms—he's a buffoon, a child, a bully, a baby, thin-skinned—and then you all turn out to be the same or worse as your accusations. That is evidence of snobbery.

We're judging Trump on a lifetime in the public eye and some severe vetting via a presidential campaign. And you're judging "us" based on a few anonymous posts on a conspiracy website. Yeah, that makes sense.

I'm not speaking specifically about people on ATS.

Oh, so when you say "you all" and "you guys" you're talking about ???

Point is I think "we" have much better grounds for judging Trump than you do for judging others who you'd label as "snobs".

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Making fun of politicans' appearances is nothing new. Heck we made fun of George Washington's wooden teeth.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Do you dislike Trump because of his personality, character, and appearance, and not policy and results?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I don't mean you specifically, so no virtue-signalling required. I'm being fairly general.

I think that is the problem.

You are being very general.

The problem is that most people who oppose Trump do so for some very serious and real reasons, not because of snobbery, jealousy, being butt-hurt leftists or Clinton supporters. Thats why I get so pissed off about this thread, its probably also why the left and the right cannot have a proper debate on this site because members like you seem so willing to ignore our very real reasons for opposing Trump.

We are not snobs if we say that we do oppose Trump because he is untrustworthy which if you actually read your own source is cited as being the biggest reason people oppose him.

Not snobbery.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I dislike trump because of his policy, and their results, as well his character (which alone leaves a lot to be desired). If he was doing any significant amount of good in this world, we could all look past his character flaws.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Do you dislike Trump because of his personality, character, and appearance, and not policy and results?

Yes, yes, no, yes, yes.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I didn't mention the left nor right, nor do I think it is a left nor right issue.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Fed up of this stupid rubbish.

The problem is that most people who oppose Trump do so for some very serious and real reasons, not because of snobbery, jealousy, being butt-hurt leftists or Clinton supporters. Thats why I get so pissed off about this thread, its probably also why the left and the right cannot have a proper debate on this site because members like you seem so willing to ignore our very real reasons for opposing Trump.

Speak about what you post or shut the f up!

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Fed up of this stupid rubbish.

Speak about what you post or shut the f up!

Its been all over the news!!!

Trumps stupid big wall

His comments about women

His business dealings.

The way he conducts himself diplomatically.

ohhhh yeah and his dubious dealings with Russia...

Again you guys need to stop pretending all of this stuff is "fake news" and acknowledge that a lot of people have some very serious concerns about Trumps ability to govern.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Out of curiosity, why do you think it's not important to judge a President among other things, on his personality or his character? This isn't the host at Denny's you know.. it's the supposed leader of the free world. I judge his actions and policies first and foremost, but I think character is important, and I think as a diplomat to the world, personality is also important.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The reasons his looks bother them is partly the looks of his wife.

Handsome obama, ugly michele.
Ugly trump, gorgeous Melania.

It doesn't help that he's succeeded in business, television, and now politics. Envy is ugly.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

For some odd reason as I was reading this post I thought I was in a love movie or something. This post was extremely sensitive and personal..is that you Donald Trump?

My gosh I'm crying and blowing my nose right now because this has got to be the most...the most reveling post of. some one's feelings towards another I have ever witnessed in my entire freaking life.

Your in love...in love with our president, like really in love. Nothing wrong with that its duly noted.

I think this thread should be moved to the Extremely Drama forum...love and relationship... The feelings forum.smh in extreme disbelief.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

Makes me think of the love the right have for Hillary with all those threads. The right's obsession with her depends is disturbing.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Makes me think of the love the right have for Hillary with all those threads. The right's obsession with her depends is disturbing.
It's... Its,scary,it's really troubling.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

It's... Its,scary,it's really troubling.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Envy lol sorry dude I have more character then that. I wouldn't want to be him he is everything I hate about humanity.
I think Alien is right you guys actually love the guy...despite all his lies and orangness.
Get a room! (Mind the sheets though they have wee on them).

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Heck the right have been calling names and throwing things out like Triggered and snowflakes but this thread is proof the biggest triggering and biggest snowflakes are the right wing.
You need a safe place eh?.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Trump is a piece of garbage but we're crazy if we don't like him?

No, you are crazy for supporting him.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Unfortunately for you, and Trump, snobbery isn't a crime...unlike some thing YOUR president and his half wit children have done. It feels strange being an American and not having a president...oh well. Maybe next time

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join