It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trump Snobbery

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Kali74

I'm posting anonymously on a conspiracy site.

Trump is President of the USA.

Somehow I don't find the two comparable.

You misunderstood. I could give two #ts about insults.

.....then calls everyone who is anti-trump snobs
edit on 15-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No, I called the ones who oppose Trump because of his personality and behavior "snobs". You know, as the entire premise of this thread? Should I start calling them daft too?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Would you consider someone who looks down on ISIS because of their behaviour and personality a snob? (not saying trump is as bad as them - just completely baffled by your logic.
edit on 15-7-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

No. That's the stupidest comparison I've heard, but oddly enough, to be expected.

I'm talking about Trump, as in, not ISIS. Can you understand that logic?
edit on 15-7-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

No, I called the ones who oppose Trump because of his personality and behavior "snobs"

So then by extension anyone who opposes a individual because of their personality or behaviour is a snob?

Then according to you I must also be a snob because I oppose the personality and behaviours of serial killers and rapists.

See how utterly stupid this line of thinking really is.

I think I know what this thread really is, its another flag-grabbing pro-trump anti-left thread, its also pretty stupid to say that anyone who opposes Trump is a snob.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

No. Anyone who opposes Trump, the president of the United States, because of his personality and not his policies, is a snob.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

No. Anyone who opposes Trump, the president of the United States, because of his personality and not his policies, is a snob.

You keep moving the goal posts hear, you literally just said that

No, I called the ones who oppose Trump because of his personality and behavior "snobs"

So which is it, or is it both, you or is anyone who holds a political view point you disagree with now just a Snob...because said so???

To be clear a pretty darn big reason most hate trump is over his policies, such as building his stupid big wall or the appointments he makes or how he conducts himself diplomatically.

So yeah when you know can tell us who is and is not a snob please feel free to try again.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Both of them. Maybe you might need to go back and read the OP. I linked to the Gallup poll that stated most oppose Trump because of his personality and character, not his policies.
edit on 15-7-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Both of them. Maybe you might need to go back and read the OP.

Right so I am a snob if I oppose Trump because of his personality, his behaviour or his policies?
Is that right

Cool, so then I am also a snob if I oppose a Serial killing rapist who want to make sex with pigs legal?

This is how dumb this idea is.

Opposing Trump is not "snobbish" rather it is just a opposing political view, it is absurd to claim that someone is a snob for holding a different political view.

I cannot believe that you actually believe that being anti-Trump automatically makes someone a Snob, thats just as stupid as me saying that being pro-Trump makes you racist.

Editing because of your edit....

I linked to the Gallup poll that stated most oppose Trump because of his personality and character, not his policies.

So what you are saying to be clear is that people who oppose trump because of his personality and character are snobs?

yes or no.... and please don't then move the goal post when its pointed out how stupid that idea is

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

To be serious for a moment...

Trump's policies reflect his personality, so it is natural that his personality is in the line of fire.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Read the OP. I wrote it all down there.

No I do not believe being anti-trump makes you a snob. Your comprehension is absurd. Look at the poll. Re-read the OP. Try again.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Then why didn't his policies get a lower rating?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Read the OP. I wrote it all down there.

No I do not believe being anti-trump makes you a snob. Your comprehension is absurd. Look at the poll. Re-read the OP. Try again.

This is hilarious, so now the problem is not you being wrong on this but my comprehension.

You said.

No, I called the ones who oppose Trump because of his personality and behavior "snobs".

You said it, you wrote it there for all to see, you believe that those who oppose Trump because of his personality or behaviours (you also added in policies in a later post) are Snobs.

My comprehension is not the problem the problem is that you have just realised how utterly stupid this idea is and and now backtracking and trying to pretend that you have said otherwise.

Saying someone is a snob because they oppose someones personality is utterly stupid, I oppose my next door neighbours personality because he is scum-bag who used to beat his wife..... that does not make me a snob it makes me human.

People are opposed to Trump not because of snobbery but because of a opposing political view point that is just as valid as your own views.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So then by extension anyone who opposes a individual because of their personality or behaviour is a snob?

Then according to you I must also be a snob because I oppose the personality and behaviours of serial killers and rapists.

See how utterly stupid this line of thinking really is.

I think I know what this thread really is, its another flag-grabbing pro-trump anti-left thread, its also pretty stupid to say that anyone who opposes Trump is a snob.

Or on the left, quite a large number of people who oppose trump are conservatives, what real ones that are left

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

You don't understand. I linked to the poll that stated explicitly that a majority of people view Trump negatively because of his character and personality, not policies nor results, and "opposing viewpoint" is absent from the poll entirely.

Then you bring up the personalities of wife beating neighbours and serial killers, as if that has anything to do with anything. The worst, nonsensical and absurd arguments I've read the whole thread.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

haha this is just absurd.

DUDE THIS IS WHAT YOU SAID!!!

No, I called the ones who oppose Trump because of his personality and behavior "snobs".

The study does not call anyone snobs that is on you.

Your own source expands on why people dislike trump because of his personality stating that

The detailed explanations given by those disapproving of Trump appear in the table below. Those citing his character and personality are most likely to name his temperament, arrogance and tendency to act "nonpresidential." Others comment on his inexperience and offer explanations pertaining to his self-focus, Twitter use and perceived untrustworthiness.

It says bugger all about snobbery that was all on you. In my view being nonresidential, untrustworthy, self-focused, poor temperament, inexperienced and his stupid use of twitter are all valid reasons to oppose Trump with out having to be a gang of snobs.

Please just stop with this your starting to look bad

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
dp

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Dunno. There's two categories under personality that I'd put under policy.

Inexperienced/Doesn't know what he is doing 10
Looking out for himself/Doesn't consider people's needs 6

Most of these categories make me think of his personality first. Honestly, it's very difficult not to think of his personality first with everything. I guess that's why most people learn manners and decorum. Do you want to talk to the person hopping up and down while yelling at you or the person that shakes your hand and asks you what you think as well?

Trump is to blame for all his own woes. If that makes us haters, snobs... so be it.
edit on 7/15/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Captain thesaurus strikes again!

What about those outside the United States? I don't like the man because he is an egotist a, contrarian, and a hypocrite but in his defense he is not the only politician that possesses these traits.

I wouldn't talk to much about anti Trump snobbery and the need to feel to superior as you yourself are exhibiting symptoms of a superiority complex. Using big words, psychobabble and psychological jargon...you want someone to feel inferior to you because they don't understand the words you are using (my aunt is a psychologist, we shoot the breeze.)

Why say 'the proletariat is becoming redundant and automatons will inevitably replace the serfs' when you can simply say 'robots will take jobs from the working class' ???

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Those citing his character

One has to wonder if those of us who didn't like Clinton because of her character (or her total lack thereof) were snobs for doing so.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join