It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired Green Beret warns there could be a nuclear strike against the U.S. soon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: NorthOf40
a reply to: dianajune

China is trying to make the USA look bad. China could settle North Korea down if they choose to do so.

I say attack now, not just North Korea, but take on China as well.

If we leave this alone, China just continues to grow stronger.

Use it or lose it with regards to our military superiority.

I think that Russia wants to make the US look bad also. But attack China? I don't think that would be a good idea. China didn't threaten us, NK did.

Of course, since China is standing idly by while Lil' Kim continues to spout off, it could be they're just itching for a war with the U.S. but don't want to make the first move.

We can't keep going to the edge of the precipice and pull back repeatedly. If we do that often enough, eventually we'll fall in.

Why the hell would china want a war with America? It makes no sense at all! Not one bit!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: badw0lf

We do it behind closed doors....well the french do and we just keep stum about it lol.

Look NK will never attack the USA they want to come to some deal Kim knows it is suicide for his country to attack the states, It will be war only if the states attack first.

I understand that it would be suicidal for Kim to attack us. But Kim is nuts and pure evil. He's had many people murdered, using a variety of different methods, including his own brother.

Anyone like that wouldn't, imo, think twice about starting a nuclear war. He certainly isn't backing down no matter how much diplomacy or sanctions are used.

If he was sane and a just ruler, this wouldn't even be an issue. But he's a tyrannic despot who is much worse than his father. Kim's Dad spouted off every now and then and it seemed as though he did it just for attention. His son is worse.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: lawofthe

Thank you for the links. I've got them bookmarked!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Why can't we just take down Kim's satellites? There's got to be a way to bring them both down w/o any harm done to anyone.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: intrptr

They are an odd thing nukes on one hand I'm terrified of them but on the other hand If no one had them would there be more conventional wars which may be as bad?.
Would you get rid of them all If you could snap your fingers and they are all gone? I dunno If I can make that decision...

On the other hand, NK has stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons.

Here is a frightening thought - if anyone knowledgeable about such things can give your take please do so
Let's suppose the U.S. decides to pre-emptively nuke NK. What happens to those chemical and biological weapons? Would a nuke attack render them useless or spread their poison around even more so?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

a reply to: testingtesting

Why can't we just take down Kim's satellites? There's got to be a way to bring them both down w/o any harm done to anyone.

Do you not understand? This is not just about north korea. This is about many governments doing terrible things, and the west is just as bad. Let us take the illegal Libya invasion that killed thousands of people, and arming the very same people who want to destroy the west.

But people in the west do not think about the horrors our own governments are doing, because they are doing it to keep us safe B.S.

Truth is, this planet is run by power hungry sociopaths, and they do not give a crap about you, or you're family.

This is the type of world we are living in. North Korea is just a tiny part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
North Korea is not suicidal. The NK regime is building a nuke for self preservation not a first strike. They won't attack if we don't attack them first. If we attack them we reap what we sow. Attacking NK would be stupid. As if we can afford another trillion dollars and who knows how many lives it would cost.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The requirements of minituration are not so stringent if one wants maximum effect with minimum technology.

An IRBM of dubious accuracy capable of lofting 1 ton payload meets the parameters of asymmetrical attack via shipborne launch and detonation at mid-continent, high altitude.

That's well within capabilities of a country attaining early 1960's technological levels.

Further it is only sensible strategy of a small nation that would never reach parity with Super power nations possessing hundreds if not thousands of missiles and warheads.

In unfortunate event of something like I just described happening there would be dire domestic emergencies to contend with distracting government reactions.

One would have suspicion about whodunit but absolute proof would perhaps be hard to come by.

The plausible thing to do is erect missile defense on three CONUS coastal areas, intermediate defence at mid ocean and distant defense in allied overseas nations.

This would protect CONUS and buy time needed to deal with rogue regimes such as North Koreas on political rather than direct military basis.

The risk of doing nothing is very high as highly regarded non-fiction and fiction such as "One Second After" and "Lights Out" all agree that roughly 90% of population would likely die-off in first year or so of an EMP.

Much of the risk can also be reduced and accomplished with hardening the existing electric grid against EMP, that would also serve dual purpose as it would protect against CME events.

All this could be done at a cost far less than cost of ONE Ford class aircraft carrier.

And certainly far cheaper than any war would be.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here's another report, courtesy of Reuters:

Thermal images of North Korea's main nuclear site show Pyongyang may have reprocessed more plutonium than previously thought that can be used to enlarge its nuclear weapons stockpile, a U.S. think tank said on Friday.

The analysis by 38 North, a Washington-based North Korean monitoring project, was based on satellite images of the radiochemical laboratory at the Yongbyon nuclear plant from September until the end of June, amid rising international concerns over North Korea's nuclear and missile programs.

The think tank said images of the uranium enrichment facility at Yongbyon could also indicate operation of centrifuges that could be used to increase North Korea’s stock of enriched uranium, its other source of bomb fuel.

There were signs too of at least short-term activity at North Korea’s Experimental Light Water Reactor that could be cause for concern, 38 North said.

Further down in the report:

Experts at 38 North estimated in April that North Korea could have as many as 20 nuclear bombs and could produce one more each month.

While most would agree that no sane nation would conduct an offensive nuclear attack, NK's despotic leader is anything but sane and I would add is pure evil, given how many people have been murdered during his regime thus far, inc. his own brother.

We cannot afford to sit back and say "all is well, he won't attack." If I were in Alaska, Hawaii or NK's closest neighbors I'd want to get as far away as possible. They stand the most risk for an attack.

Source
edit on 14-7-2017 by dianajune because: forgot link

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

China is trying to make the USA look bad. China could settle North Korea down if they choose to do so.

I think that Russia wants to make the US look bad also. But attack China? I don't think that would be a good idea. China didn't threaten us, NK did.

Of course, since China is standing idly by while Lil' Kim continues to spout off, it could be they're just itching for a war with the U.S. but don't want to make the first move.

We can't keep going to the edge of the precipice and pull back repeatedly. If we do that often enough, eventually we'll fall in.

Why the hell would china want a war with America? It makes no sense at all! Not one bit!

War with China is the economic reset button that the world needs. Many people will be killed, but looking at it from a logical perspective, most all of those people will be dead in 100 years anyways. It's just speeding things up a bit, no big deal. Trump said he would get rid of the national debt, this is his only way to do it.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Many people will be killed, but looking at it from a logical perspective, most all of those people will be dead in 100 years anyways. It's just speeding things up a bit, no big deal.

If NK thought that about you then what would be the problem if you were killed.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Many people will be killed, but looking at it from a logical perspective, most all of those people will be dead in 100 years anyways. It's just speeding things up a bit, no big deal.

Dyings a part of living my friend. Most would say the economy is a lot more important than a small fraction of the entire human population.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

War with China is the economic reset button that the world needs. Many people will be killed, but looking at it from a logical perspective, most all of those people will be dead in 100 years anyways. It's just speeding things up a bit, no big deal. Trump said he would get rid of the national debt, this is his only way to do it.

Seriously! Are you for real!? Do you crave war so much that the prospect of this excites you? You should be ashamed of yourself!

Seriously! Most people do not want war! Considering most people who do are sociopathic. How else can you live with the fact that millions of men, women and children will die! Or does it not matter because they are chinese men, women and children!

This world is full of nasty, horrible people!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
More like they will pull off a false flag attack on our own soil to try and get the people behind attacking North Korea.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Dyings a part of living my friend. Most would say the economy is a lot more important than a small fraction of the entire human population.

Then why are you worried about NK. If they kill you, it's the circle of life.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Then why are you worried about NK. If they kill you, it's the circle of life.

As long as it is not his country, bugger the rest. Brainwashed and conditioned

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Seriously! Are you for real!? Do you crave war so much that the prospect of this excites you? You should be ashamed of yourself!

Seriously! Most people do not want war! Considering most people who do are sociopathic. How else can you live with the fact that millions of men, women and children will die! Or does it not matter because they are chinese men, women and children!

I don't crave war at all, nor does it excite me.

Do a Cost benefit analysis. Wars good for the economy. People die every day for all sorts of reasons, and no one lives forever. A few million lives cut a bit short is better than billions living in poverty. War with China is the only way to cancel the debt, like pushing a reset button.

You leave it too long, and they will have the edge, is that what you want?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I don't crave war at all, nor does it excite me.

Do a Cost benefit analysis. Wars good for the economy. People die every day for all sorts of reasons, and no one lives forever. A few million lives cut a bit short is better than billions living in poverty. War with China is the only way to cancel the debt, like pushing a reset button.

You leave it too long, and they will have the edge, is that what you want?

No, you crave war! You will never admit It, but you do. The reasons why governments do the things they do, and get away with it, is because of conditioned people like you who sees their government as mini Gods!

Also, do you really think a war with china, will just be a war with china? This is not ww2 with planes, tanks etc This will be a nuclear war! There will be no winners here.

And all for what? For a bunch of sociopaths who do not give a crap about you or your family. All they care about is power and controlling the masses.

You are a great example of that!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

You must be a liberal, you are good at telling others what they think.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Jay-morris

You must be a liberal, you are good at telling others what they think.

It is quite obvious what you think!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join