It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctica Worm with Fangs & a Golden Sail.... Behold these Giant Polynoid Scale-Worms

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Eulagisca gigantea

These giant scale-worms discovered in the Antarctic Ocean have a jaw and larynx that are around 2 inches long.... scary as hell

Most scale worms are miniscule... these things are something out of a sci-fi horror flick. In some videos/photos you can see the "sail" on them has a metallic-gold coloration. Fascinating creature to say the least...

Go to 0:35 for the Scale-Worm:

New nightmare fuel: the giant scaleworm Eulagisca

Many polychaete worms have an eversible pharynx – most of the time those jaws are tucked away, but when the worm wants to feed, the entire front of their throat rolls out of their mouth.

10 of the WEIRDEST Antarctic Invertebrates!! (from The Echinoblog)

1. Eulagisca gigantea- GIANT polynoid worm! 3 inch eversible proboscis! A member of the Polynoidae-a scale worm. Not much known about it. BIG! And can get up to about 9 inches to a foot long! Imagine meatloaf sized. Um. I'm guessing predatory.

More pics: eol.org...

Study

edit on 13-7-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Meh I am sure it is nothing, I mean there is nothing strange at all happening in and or around Antarctica!

Lol

On a serious note I absolutely love the mysteries that still exist upon this beautiful planet, it is exciting to ponder all of which we still do not know!

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731pmThursday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'd love to be involved in stuff like this. Don't need to go to mars to see a rock fossil alien rat child slave base, just to the bottom of the ocean to see real alien life forms !!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Throw it in the gumbo pot.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

that may or may not have already crossed my mind...

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I knew Tremors is a documentary. We are doomed. DOOMED! Why didn't you listen.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

It has a really good camouflage as well. The deep ocean has always fascinated and terrified me at the same time. There is so much we do not know about what is down there.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Less than 0.05 percent of the ocean floor has been mapped to a level of detail useful for detecting items such as airplane wreckage or the spires of undersea volcanic vents

Just How Little Do We Know about the Ocean Floor?

Our knowledge of the ocean -- when compared to our knowledge of the space we know and can explore -- is shockingly thin. Consider that we've sent 12 people to the moon since 1969 over a handful of missions; only three people have descended to the deepest part of the ocean in the Marianas Trench [source: Thar].

science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I saw a post earlier today from another site about this creature. Looks incredibly alien, but what can you expect from extremophiles?

As for the ocean floor, Ive always wondered what may be down there....including space craft

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Coral having babies? Whoa!
How bizarre is that? Good stuff!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Thing is, the "Deep" has always pretty much been nightmare fuel.

I think if I was given an execution choice, either the ocean, or deep space, I'd let them space me EVERY time.

We just have no idea WTF could be down there.

I mean what's scarier, Alien, or Jaws?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

It has a really good camouflage as well. The deep ocean has always fascinated and terrified me at the same time. There is so much we do not know about what is down there.

I was lucky enough to see many story's from a famous marine expert. Yves Jacques Cousteau and Calypso his ship where we went to for seeing these fantastic places. Now we have so much that we get to see thanks to his inventions. This critter gets any bigger it might be able to bite of that hand in the pic.
edit on 14-7-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
See, this is why lovecraft was so f'd up about creatures of the ocean. Weird and gross but cool, thanks.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Very cool stuff on the Earth that hasn't been touched or discovered yet. It's things like this that make me think there is for sure some sort of odd looking creature in oceans on other planets.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Wonder what they taste like?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Awesome stuff

I didn't think it was a "nightmare" or anything. Just kinda another crazy ocean critter.

new topics

top topics

join