It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP operative who sought Clinton's emails from Russian hackers, committed suicide.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You weren't supposed to read past the first story obviously.

At the time, the newspaper reported Smith's May 14 death came about 10 days after he granted the interview. Mystery shrouded how and where he had died, but the lead reporter on the stories said on a podcast he had no reason to believe the death was the result of foul play and that Smith likely had died of natural causes.

Bags over heads are clear evidence of natural causes.

I will say this however. The man was 81 years old, and even if his policy was expiring, they are fairly cheap, no? Also, IRRC suicide nullifies most policies. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

You weren't supposed to read past the first story obviously.

At the time, the newspaper reported Smith's May 14 death came about 10 days after he granted the interview. Mystery shrouded how and where he had died, but the lead reporter on the stories said on a podcast he had no reason to believe the death was the result of foul play and that Smith likely had died of natural causes.

Bags over heads are clear evidence of natural causes.

I will say this however. The man was 81 years old, and even if his policy was expiring, they are fairly cheap, no? Also, IRRC suicide nullifies most policies. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

No, a 5 million dollar policy for an 81 year old in poor health is not cheap at all.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Depends when he bought it. If term or whole life.

If he bought term a while back it would be cheaper. He MAY have gotten 5 mil in term insurance, but I HIGHLY doubt anyone would have sold it to him.

If he had Whole life when he was younger, he would have been paid off at age 65 no matter what.

The policy HAS to be at least 2 years old for the suicide to be covered.

edit on 7 13 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Fair enough, what about suicide nullifying the policy?

I haven't had to pay for one yet so I'm fairly ignorant to how it works, especially later in life. I assumed you would just renew it like any other insurance.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sounds like he fell down an elevator shaft ... onto some bullets.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I haven't had to pay for one yet so I'm fairly ignorant to how it works, especially later in life. I assumed you would just renew it like any other insurance.

It gets more expensive the higher the payout and the more likely you are to die.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Life insurance typically doesn't cover suicide. And the police know that, too. Furthermore, the deceased definitely should have known that...I mean what person doesn't check before they take a powder on existence?? This makes zero sense. There's got to be more to this...maybe they aren't revealing all just yet? I was right there with it until the ridiculous life insurance bit. Very weird.

link   
a reply to: JinMI

Suicide is fine once the policy is 2 years old. /most insurance policies do this unless waived in a rider.

Its the same risk pool. /age, sex group. The policy is in effect as a unilateral contract after 2 years by law unless war or nuclear accidents are the cause of peril. Death by those are never covered.

Beyond those two only fraud is the ONLY other exception that makes the contract void unless expressed in a specific waiver of coverage rider.

edit on 7 13 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

link   

Sounds like another case of Arkancide

www.arkancide.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm sad to hear another person has committed Clintoncide.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orwells Ghost
Hmmmm...where have we seen this before...

Russians.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Quick research shows that it depends on a few factors.

www.thebalance.com...

Depending on when the life insurance policy was purchased, life insurance may still pay out the death benefit after a suicide. As a rule of thumb, if a life insurance policy is purchased within two years before the suicide, the death benefit may not be paid. We'll cover everything you need to know to help you understand if a life insurance company will still pay the death benefit when the cause of death is suicide.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

In the note recovered by police, Smith apologized to authorities and said that "NO FOUL PLAY WHATSOEVER" was involved in his death. He wrote that he was taking his own life because of a "RECENT BAD TURN IN HEALTH SINCE JANUARY, 2017" and timing related "TO LIFE INSURANCE OF $5 MILLION EXPIRING."

Strange how he couldn't make this statement about lack of criminality publicly, like while he was still alive.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
His death has been on record since May, but I guess new details are starting to emerge. He has been a thorn in the Clinton's side for a long time now, but his latest attempt to call them out seems to have been his demise.

The operative, Peter W. Smith—who spoke to the Journal days before his death this past May—also played a role in the 1990s scandal involving Arkansas state troopers’ claims that they helped arrange Bill Clinton’s trysts.

Link

From his Wiki:

In 1998 he was identified as a major financial supporter of the 1993 Troopergate story, in which several Arkansas state troopers accused U.S. President Bill Clinton of having carried out sexual dalliances while he was Governor of Arkansas.

In December 1993, two Arkansas state troopers publicly claimed that they and other troopers had been used to facilitate and conceal multiple extra-marital affairs of then-Governor Bill Clinton. The stories were published in an article by conservative author David Brock in the American Spectator and also in a series of articles in the Los Angeles Times. Smith had arranged for the troopers to meet Brock.

In February 1994 Smith started a "Troopergate Whistle Blower Fund" to provide support for the troopers and pay their attorney fees; the fund ultimately raised about $40,000. Altogether Smith said he spent about $80,000 on the case, including a $5,000 payment to Brock. Smith described his donations as an independent effort to encourage anti-Clinton stories in the mainstream press.

edit on 13-7-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Sounds like the Trump death machine has claimed it's first victim. Stay tuned, more to come.

So..., you solved the case just blaming Trump libtard style.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Sounds like the Trump death machine has claimed it's first victim. Stay tuned, more to come.

Do you have a crystal ball or maybe a hadron collider or something? Know something you want to share with the rest of us? What "death machine" are you referring to? That implies that there will be more...along with a rather perplexing assumption that this was the first of them.

The only deaths so far have appeared to happen in conjunction with the Clintons, and events pertaining specifically to them. This just reads like blind deflection to me...and I'm not a fan of either of those two individuals.

I think perhaps you might benefit from waiting for a longer straw next time. They're easier to get hold of.😉

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

oh jeez, perhaps the Republicans should learn a thing or two from Clinton on how to make it look more believable. Two shots to the back of the head with a bolt action is only marginally more believable than this.

a reply to: Perfectenemy

Term expires not whole. Whole just pays out. Wonderful way to pass an inheritance with a no tax burden.
edit on 7-13-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

In the note recovered by police, Smith apologized to authorities and said that "NO FOUL PLAY WHATSOEVER" was involved in his death. He wrote that he was taking his own life because of a "RECENT BAD TURN IN HEALTH SINCE JANUARY, 2017" and timing related "TO LIFE INSURANCE OF $5 MILLION EXPIRING."

Strange how he couldn't make this statement about lack of criminality publicly, like while he was still alive.

The whole thing is strange. A recent bad turn in health; presumably bad enough that he didn't see surviving it in his future, which means it's gotta be a pretty serious issue, followed by a death that is almost always denied by the insurance carrier, and a note saying it was because said policy was due to expire? It's like a blatant contradiction in motives.

Either someone is getting sloppy or they're openly making a mockery as some kind of message. Getting fairly weary of all the cryptic bull#, personally. A man is dead and instead of getting to the bottom of it quickly and concisely, they feed tidbits to the media and the public. I wish they'd just stop treating everyone like babies and just come out with it already. Stop the stupid charades and just go arrest these people...whomever they may be and whatever political affiliation they might have. All they're doing is turning up the fire under an already boiling kettle. Out with it already ffs. You know what I mean or am I the only American who feels this way??

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Did he commit suicide with a sniper rifle shot at 300 yards to the back?

No lol, but just as fishy imo. How does a human being not freakout and save themselves when
suffocating? Even if you wanted to die I would think ripping that bag off would be an involuntary action.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I'm sad to hear another person has committed Clintoncide.

That doesn't make sense. It's a GOP operative who requested election help from the Russians. Which is exactly what they are being accused of.

To me, it's obvious who might gain from his death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join