It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kalashnikov Arms Factory Finds Success

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Izhevsk, Russia - Despite sanctions imposed by the U.S., arm sales are booming for the Russian arms manufacturer: Kalashnikov Concern.

"Reviving a business that was almost shot"

www.msn.com...

I was just wondering...Does any foreign civilian, living outside the United States, have a lawful chance of privately buying any arms manufactured by Kalashnikov Concern, other than from any military defense budget appropriations?
edit on 13-7-2017 by Erno86 because: added a quote

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I was really hoping that they were going to be able open facilities here, but I'm glad that they're finding a market. They make some damn dependable weapons. I've inly ever owned a Romanian and Chinese Variant, though.

Could have been some jobs for Americans, but government got in the way, again.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

If I understand your question correctly, yes, you can. Kalashnikov sell civilian versions of most every one of their military weapons. Then, of course, there are black markets where you can lay hand on military grade Kalashnikovs with no problem what so ever.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Ask and ye shall receive =D

Gun Laws by Nation

Top 15 Citizen Gun Owning Nations

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors
I was really hoping that they were going to be able open facilities here, but I'm glad that they're finding a market. They make some damn dependable weapons. I've inly ever owned a Romanian and Chinese Variant, though.

I feel likewise.

I was fortunate enough to buy a whole slew of AK's or variants, before the Maryland Assault Weapons Ban went into effect.

I own a scoped Romanian PSL in 7.62x54R

Including:

Iraqi Tabuk scoped sniper rifle in 7.62x39

Krebs Custom KTR-03S Saiga in 7.62x39

Saiga AK74 in 5.45x39

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

In the US we used to be able to buy WASR's that were a mil spec Romanian semi auto AK-47 variant. Alot of people knock them, but I have dropped many many rounds through them and they are A-OK.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Roger that...Ramjet

Thanks all...

edit on 13-7-2017 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Have you shot an AK?

The 3 that I have extensive experience with have been accurate and dependable. One was a thumb hole stock single stack, the 2nd was a traditional pistol grip single stack and the 3rd was a traditional pistol grip double stack.

Very good rifles, and they were affordable.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

originally posted by: essentialtremors

I feel likewise.

I was fortunate enough to buy a whole slew of AK's or variants, before the Maryland Assault Weapons Ban went into effect.

I own a scoped Romanian PSL in 7.62x54R

Including:

Iraqi Tabuk scoped sniper rifle in 7.62x39

Krebs Custom KTR-03S Saiga in 7.62x39

Saiga AK74 in 5.45x39

My buddy (now a female) has a PSL, I hate the damn things, they just feel awkward to me. I'm not sure why. I thinks its because I don't like having those sloppy actions so close to my face LoL. I don't like bullpups either, just awkward.

I put a scope on my Romanian AK with a Tapco T6 outfit. It was sexy, but too alot of reworking to get a scope mount durable enough to deal with the spring slapping around. Then I had to add a few mounting bolts to keep the cover in a relatively stationed spot. Overall 10/10. Was worth it.

I've always wanted a sweet Saiga .308, but haven't been able to afford one yet.
edit on 13-7-2017 by essentialtremors because: T6 not T3

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Too bad I cant't buy an AK-12. Those are some neat rifles.

new topics

top topics

join