It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An honest question: Why do you liberals give Hillary a free pass?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If we should, "Get over it" with Hillary. . .

Then why shouldn't we, "Get over it", with Trump?

The only difference is that one lost an election and the other won the election.

So guilt should only be applied to someone who doesn't think like you do.

How polarizing.

I believe this applies as a "Double Standard".

BECAUSE...

The the email "thing" is OVER.

and...

Hillary isn't currently holding public office.

Doesn't matter.

Either hold the same standard for everyone or. . . . .

Use a double standard.

I can see how you chose.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

I honestly believe that leftists/Marxists believe that holding people to a standard depends on their job and/or station in life.

The simple idea of holding everyone to the same standard is an alien thought to them.

You may want to readsone books as you decribingneo-conservatism andcapitalsim

Marxisman ANDcommunismarevhenemently againstyurstatementand hasnever appeared in any ofthe 479,101 booksonleft/armistphilosophy= whilr it's beenthemainbasisforcapitalsim for 75years.

Uh, yeah.

Might want to find a space bar while I attend the library.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Please, APPLY that logic to Trump.

If you DEMAND others "hold the same standard" ...

Lead by example.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The simple idea of holding everyone to the same standard is an alien thought to them.

hmm this does give me pause and make me think.

But I wonder if humans are even capable of holding everyone they ever met to the same standards.

It makes me think about this girl that I know. She is not a smart person. On top of that she has been severely abused by first her parents and then her husband. She has anxiety issues and will sometimes brake down in tears if I raise my voice during
a passionate conversation. Even if i'm talking with someone else and she just happens to be in the room. She is very weak.
I don't not blame her for it I pity her. Now sometimes I know or I will find out that she lied to be because she was scared of
making me agree. Should I hold her to the same standards as a girl with no mental issues lying to me because it's fun
for them or because they are trying to gain something with the lie? the second girl i would have no problem calling a
lieing bitch right to her face but doing so to the first girl would just feel cruel.

I don't know. Something to think about though.

I'll admit that my example does not apply to trump and hilary. Unless you think one of them as mental illness.
But treating everyone the same imho is not the right thing to do.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Honest to god, when are all of you on both sides going to tire of this and move on to another shiny object.

It's hard to tell the difference from one thread to the next anymore.

As long as they can keep it like this, the bad guys win and the bad guys includes both Parties. It's sad people treat this like a sporting event where cheating is just fine as long as it benefits your side.

Divide to control is certainly working as well as it always has.

Silence and standing on the sidelines too is a choice, and not a great one.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

I honestly believe that leftists/Marxists believe that holding people to a standard depends on their job and/or station in life.

Do you think calling someone "Marxist" is an insult ? Do you even know what Marxism is ?
The funny part is that holding everyone to the same standard, as you claim, is as communist as it gets

I can't believe what im reading here.

I don't think I've read anything more fundamentally wrong in my entire life.

link   

Please, APPLY that logic to Trump.

If you DEMAND others "hold the same standard" ...

Lead by example.

You can find numerous examples of me saying that if Trump is guilty then punish him.

I hold no special attachment to Trump or his administration.

Show me proof and I'll lead the march.

But then again. . . .

I'm not a hypocrite.

link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

And Bush Jr. got one before that.

Did you even read my comment that you replied to? I SPECIFICALLY mentioned Bush Jr:

No, Hillary got her free pass first. People give Trump a free pass because they compare him to the others, before him, that were given a free pass.

Sooooo....perhaps the same reason that Reagan, Bush Sr., Bill Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama, Hillary were given free passes.

See? You cannot help but try to deflect with the assumption that I would partisanly-select past presidents that I think got away with blatant crimes.

Reagan, Bush Sr., Bush Jr....I named all three of them. There are probably others but a person only has so much time in their life to research something to a point of feeling confident enough to make claims, like that, publicly.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

NOPE.

Didn't read THAT.

Sry.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Groucho Marx was FUNNY.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

That was possibly the weakest excuse I have ever read for defending Hillary.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

a reply to: underpass61

Groucho Marx was FUNNY.

"I'd like to join a club and beat you over the head with it!" - can't top that

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Honest to god, when are all of you on both sides going to tire of this and move on to another shiny object.

Thrue,was hopigthud couldturn intoacvil, mature, educatedbebateonn how the US is vuew -saltturned into another'shutu and 'praisetrump', 'debatwdiedfromstndard ecbo', ;hollwoodhistoryand look over.

Guesit's time for me to stop cpming here- hi perfetage of people aren't interested in facts or educatingthemselves so waste of timer trying to help thek; Unlessthey allgoback toStormcontdo intelligentinformedcommentcanretudn.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Its the same reason the right gives Trump passes on stuff like "stop and frisk" and the weed stance.

THEY CANT ADMIT THEY WERE WRONG.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The only difference is that one lost an election and the other won the election.

How polarizing.

BECAUSE...

and...

Doesn't matter.

Use a double standard.

I can see how you chose.

When the special counsel releases his findings then you can say its a double standard if the left continue to talk about Trump-Russia like the right continues to talk about emails. Until then you are trying to end conversation with whataboutism.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

You may want to readsone books as you decribingneo-conservatism andcapitalsim

Marxisman ANDcommunismarevhenemently againstyurstatementand hasnever appeared in any ofthe 479,101 booksonleft/armistphilosophy= whilr it's beenthemainbasisforcapitalsim for 75years.

Uh, yeah.

Might want to find a space bar while I attend the library.

Ayemtspacebaris being pretty odd...tpyank haveing minrissues whensomeone is isueing their rimetotryand help the. Morefool meforevenbothering it was worth the effort,

Redth thgouhthe 32,000+ any prestigious libraary, Marx, Commumist Manfesto, The Geroge and Ukraine War.organce,yellorevolutioom.Engels,Validimir, Georgia,
Vladislav Surkov
Fisk
Turner- A reader
Orwekl WiganPier
BattleCable street]
analthousands on properly library journals.
edit on 13-7-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

How polarizing.

BECAUSE...

and...

Doesn't matter.

Use a double standard.

I can see how you chose.

When the special counsel releases his findings then you can say its a double standard if the left continue to talk about Trump-Russia like the right continues to talk about emails. Until then you are trying to end conversation with whataboutism.

You've condemned Trump and exonerated Hillary.

I call it as I see it.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

NOPE.

Didn't read THAT.

Sry.

Yeah, I know. It was a rhetorical question.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Having read the Ops statement this is what I understand about such:

That the democrats and the liberal left is willing to give Hillary Clinton and the Clintons a pass, when it comes to the scandals, and yet are all over Trump. And the Op does not see it fair and that the Liberal’s, and the left is acting with hypocrisy in that aspect.

Ok, here is the answer:
From 1974 up to today, the Clintons have been under investigation and the magnifying glass. They have endured this, along with false allegations, and lies about them. There has been numerous times that they have been in congress, dealing with hearings, and yet if after 30 to 43 years of investigations, they have found nothing, no concrete evidence of any wrong doing, maybe there might be anything left for them to find.

But there is another problem that comes up when it comes to Congress, and that is all of the false allegations, evidence tampering and ultimately lies about the Clintons that have also pretty much given a problem to this.

So here is the counter question to this: Why is it alright for the Right, to try to convict someone on circumstantial evidence, lies and tampered evidence all merely cause they do not like the person, and conduct a witch hunt, even after finding that the root cause was their own doings?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Yes I've never understood that sort of relativism. Asking anyone who holds the president to standards they themselves do not live up to, it's the same answer: "I'm not the president". More evidence of double standards and hypocrisy.

It's not that they expect more important people to be held to a higher standard it is that they customize the standards as they see fit to either higher or lower. Liberals...low standards....Conservatives high standards

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join