It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An honest question: Why do you liberals give Hillary a free pass?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If we should, "Get over it" with Hillary. . .

Then why shouldn't we, "Get over it", with Trump?

The only difference is that one lost an election and the other won the election.

So guilt should only be applied to someone who doesn't think like you do.

How polarizing.

I believe this applies as a "Double Standard".

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

That is a false statement to assume that just because Hillary lost, she is no longer culpable or responsible for illegalities.

We either hold everyone to the same standard or we don't.

Which is it?

Where did I say that she's not culpable or responsible? Show me that in my quote.

Respond to what I write, not what you think I write.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Apologies.

Could you point out your posts where Hillary should have never been president?

That Hillary should be punished for her crimes?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
As a life long democrat, it was the classified emails that did it for me. No way I would have voted for someone like that.

I didn't know you were a former Democrat, too, Rick. Did you support Obama, in 2008?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Because he is president and thus the things he does and has done , the things he
says or has said are more important.

Should we not hold our presidential winners to a higher standard than our presidential losers?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The econ is going to have to adjust to the new order of things. Now are American willing to have a reduced lifestyle to continue to support a broken set of systems?

Seems to me that a number of different things are coming to a head, these things should have been dealt with years earlier when they were manageable. But there is too much $$$ keeping the status quo going, and I fully expect it will not change til a crash occurs. What does that mean is anyone's guess.

edit on 13-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't see how you can call people supporting Hillary Liberal. She represents the right of center corporate interests, she is Republican light.

As a Liberal Democrat (who didn't vote for Hillary in the primary), though, I HAD to vote for her because you guys put up Trump (and that made me sick and angry). Honestly how could you not see this coming?

No way in hell will I defend Hillary. But if there is evidence of wrongdoing where is it? Just like you guys and the whole Russian collusion thing are asking (and you're right), where is the evidence? This whole scenario/agenda is being pushed by corrupt corporate elites (not Liberals) who control the media, all 6 of them. The same could be said about the Saint Hillary campaign being pushed by the alt right (but I do not know the numbers involved in who owns that media).

You need to drop the Hillary thing, just like "we" need to drop the Russian thing. It's not going to happen though because these issues keep us focused away from the real issues, and our sides propagandists are not going to stop beating those drums.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Should we not hold our presidential winners to a higher standard than our presidential losers?

No.

And it's a sad thing that people actually believe that.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

No.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I honestly believe that leftists/Marxists believe that holding people to a standard depends on their job and/or station in life.

The simple idea of holding everyone to the same standard is an alien thought to them.
edit on 13-7-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

No.

Yes I've never understood that sort of relativism. Asking anyone who holds the president to standards they themselves do not live up to, it's the same answer: "I'm not the president". More evidence of double standards and hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Anyone that can find an excuse to hold someone else to a higher standard in the eyes of the law, discriminates in some way.

And if they also happen to be the type of person to lecture others on discrimination...blech. It's the worst.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

The econ is going to have to adjust to the new order of things. Now are American willing to have a reduced lifestyle to continue to support a broken set of systems?

Not sure what reduced lifestyle looks like, doesn't seem to be doing much in the reduction department.

Seems to me that a number of different things are coming to a head, these things should have been dealt with years earlier when they were manageable. But there is too much $$$ keeping the status quo going, and I fully expect it will not change til a crash occurs. What does that mean is anyone's guess.

A huge crash is like calling the next big volcano to blow...anytime from tomorrow to 100 years from now...

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I honestly believe that leftists/Marxists believe that holding people to a standard depends on their job and/or station in life.

The simple idea of holding everyone to the same standard is an alien thought to them.

Do you think calling someone "Marxist" is an insult ? Do you even know what Marxism is ?
The funny part is that holding everyone to the same standard, as you claim, is as communist as it gets

I can't believe what im reading here.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
she would have been under as much scrutiny as trump however, as seen by the vast majority of trump fans on this site alone, media attention isn't paid when their party isn't in power.
democrats were under constant scrutiny while obama was in power, the wide media coverage of benghazi led to republicans wasting more investigating that than 9/11.
fox ran with birther claims for 8 years.
if her plan was to strip 22 million of medical care, do you really think the media or even other democrats would ignore it?

lets not forget trump promised the day after election he would (deep breath), break ground on a wall, end world terrorism, ban muslims from entering america, lock her up for sending emails, scrap acha and introduce a better version, open up all coal mines, end chinese steel, solve the palestine crisis, end women giving birth and reinserting the child to abort it and lock ted cruz's father up for killing jfk.
thus far he pulled out of a climate deal that the major states of his nation will continue with, was at the opening of a mine that obama reopened and managed to get a hearing for his muslim in november.

considering the massive let down he has been, not keeping one promise, the more pertinent question is why are his fans allowing him to fail on every single promise.
cnn aren't stop his health bill, why aren't his supporters explaining why it's a good thing? even his own senators struggle to defend it, but where are these ardent fans adamant it will work?
msnbc aren't stopping the wall,bloomberg aren't helping terrorists.

all you ever hear as an excuse for these policies not going through are the liberal media or hillary clinton.
his supporters need to man up and start asking why nothing is happening rather than blaming others for reporting the facts that are happening.
do you blame the network that carries your sports teams live match every time they lose, or the players for not executing out on the pitch?

unless, of course the op believes in the already debunked lies surrounding the clinton family for the base of his argument.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Honest to god, when are all of you on both sides going to tire of this and move on to another shiny object.

It's hard to tell the difference from one thread to the next anymore.

As long as they can keep it like this, the bad guys win and the bad guys includes both Parties. It's sad people treat this like a sporting event where cheating is just fine as long as it benefits your side.

Divide to control is certainly working as well as it always has.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

If we should, "Get over it" with Hillary. . .

The only difference is that one lost an election and the other won the election.

So guilt should only be applied to someone who doesn't think like you do.

How polarizing.

I believe this applies as a "Double Standard".

BECAUSE...

The the email "thing" is OVER.

and...

Hillary isn't currently holding public office.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Do you think calling someone "Marxist" is an insult ? Do you even know what Marxism is ?
The funny part is that holding everyone to the same standard, as you claim, is as communist as it gets

I can't believe what im reading here.

I believe calling someone a Marxist is descriptive.

If I wanted to insult, I'd use a "Yo mama" joke.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You may want to readsone books as you decribingneo-conservatism andcapitalsim

Marxisman ANDcommunismarevhenemently againstyurstatementand hasnever appeared in any ofthe 479,101 booksonleft/armistphilosophy= whilr it's beenthemainbasisforcapitalsim for 75years.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join