It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking For A New PC Game - Any Suggestions?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I gave witcher 3 a shot. I didn't like the play style like the earlier witcher I tried. I only played it for an hour or so.

edit on 7 13 2017 by Baldryck because: spelling error

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

I have Rimworld on my wishlist. Waiting for it to hit regular release.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Rimworld is a vote from me it's an awesome game.
Another less forgiving game simular to rimworld is 'starship theory' it's another EA game tho

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
I notice that Ark Survival Evolved isn't on the list....not a fan? I've had dozens of hours of single player fun with it. And then there's the insane number of mods available.....

Ark survival is FANTASTIC!!!!

The forest is also a good survival game as well, both can be found on steam.

If you do change your mind about the online multiplayer, try a MOBA game perhaps?

I just got into League of Legends and already have huge respect for the developer and can't get enough of the game. It's also FREE TO PLAY but isn't impossible to be a solid player without spending actual money.

They have an awesome community and the gameplay is pretty addictive.

Give it a shot! It's FREE

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baldryck
a reply to: ketsuko

I gave witcher 3 a shot. I didn't like the play style like the earlier witcher I tried. I only played it for an hour or so.

I have it for PC and I agree. Beautiful game, but for me the controls were a bit wonky. Maybe someday I will give it another go.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Guess I will throw it out just because the population has gone down but still a fun game EQ2.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I want to thank everyone that posted in here and offered their suggestions. All of them are excellent ones for me to think on.

One thing I did not mention was: Budget constrants. I've got 20 to 30 USD to work with this week, so that means games like Witcher 3 are out.

For now. Doesn't mean when I save enough pennies up I won't try it out.

I'm certainly going to get Soma next payday, and will set up to make some Let's Play vids off of it. Seems my most popular ones are of me getting the crap scared out of me, hehehehehe.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: seeker1963

7 Days 2 Die just went Alpha 16 stable today and I have been sitting here trying to get up the nerve to cue up a new game and give it a go. The damn beer isn't even helping.

Those damn dogs get me jumping out of my chair every time.

Dude! There are wolves, vultures, and the roaming hordes now? You can be out chopping down some trees and the next thing you know your are surrounded. At least on horde night you are prepared to go down fighting, but when you are just out and about now the roaming hordes are killer. Keep your head on a swivel is for real!

BTW, use if you play random gen? I found an awesome map. "CandyApple"

Okay, my wife wanted me to start a new game asap so I did, I seen a large black wolf an extremely fat zombie woman and those zombies that you would find dead in buildings they now get up at chase you oh and running through fields is now even more difficult due to the snakes. Day 6 died 4 times still no shelter worthy of day 7 but the graphics are sweet and smoother and the towns in rg seem so much nicer.

Forgot to add that the grey wolves I did see were attacking the zombies which makes group moltov tossing fun.

edit on 14-7-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

a reply to: seeker1963

7 Days 2 Die just went Alpha 16 stable today and I have been sitting here trying to get up the nerve to cue up a new game and give it a go. The damn beer isn't even helping.

Those damn dogs get me jumping out of my chair every time.

Dude! There are wolves, vultures, and the roaming hordes now? You can be out chopping down some trees and the next thing you know your are surrounded. At least on horde night you are prepared to go down fighting, but when you are just out and about now the roaming hordes are killer. Keep your head on a swivel is for real!

BTW, use if you play random gen? I found an awesome map. "CandyApple"[/quote

Okay, my wife wanted me to start a new game asap so I did, I seen a large black wolf an extremely fat zombie woman and those zombies that you would find dead in buildings they now get up at chase you oh and running through fields is now even more difficult due to the snakes. Day 6 died 4 times still no shelter worthy of day 7 but the graphics are sweet and smoother and the towns in rg seem so much nicer.

Forgot to add that the grey wolves I did see were attacking the zombies which makes group moltov tossing fun.

LOL, I forgot about the snakes!

But yea, the Fun Pimps really amped up the challenge with this build. They ought to rename it 7 Days 2 Die Keep your head on a swivel!

If you find a big skyscraper watch out for the false floors that will drop you to your death. Usually there is something written on the wall as a warning, but not always!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
wow!

I just loaded 7DTD back up and check things out.

Impressed. Even playing the Navgene map, they've have added a TON of things, changed how a LOT of things looked too.

Added new zombies (biker guys? cowboy guys?)....and that was sneaky.....having the dead bodies suddenly get up, the ones like laying against a car that I was so used to being dead? Ha! I'd found a gun and emptied the whole magazine into the dude it startled me so bad!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

You should check out the rg map, wow.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Diablo 2 is a solid game. Frustrating yet rewarding with nearly endless in replayability.

There is also a secret cow level where hoards of bipedal, halberd-wielding cows attempt to murder you to protect their king.

It's probably one of my favourite PC games of all time.

ETA: aaaaaand I just saw that you have already played it so never mind.... maybe I'll go play it instead

edit on 7/14/2017 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Why is Minecraft not on your list?

Don't be one of those Minecraft?!?! EWWWWW people....
I was one of those once.

My kids begged me for years to play it,
I refused.

Then one day I was playing Dungeon Keeper and was looking for hints and kept coming across minecraft stuff which sounded like what I was looking for so I tried it out.

Been hooked ever since.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Minecraft was on the list but at the bottom not in alphabetical order.

You know what's funny? It was opposite for me. My 50 year old Mom is the Minecraft fanatic and she would talk about it all the time about Creepers and Endermen and I was confused and lost. Then I played it. Now I'm just as fanatic. Sometimes when I go visit her I bring my laptop and we'll be in 2 different rooms playing it at the same time.
edit on 7/14/2017 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Yah.....first time I played the secret cow level....I died.....because I could not stop laughing so hard!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Oh I have Minecraft...

I also play it with shaders installed:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

There have been a tremendous amount of additions and fixes to 7D2d (as you are probably seeing.) I would still be playing it but I just got FO4 during the summer sale, so you can imagine where I've been.

Also, Dragon Age: Origins or Inquisition is something I would highly recommend since you are a fan of high fantasy. Its lore is amazing and the gameplay, once gotten used to, is really something nice.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Yeah...thanks for pointing that out.

Went to M and didn't see it.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Sweet.

My comp won't do shaders.
Maybe after taxes next year.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Coud give Prey a try. Its a First person shooter which can be best described between a mix between Halflife 2, System Shock(Bioshock) and Dishonored, it is noting like the old Prey. You have a lot of huge open rooms to discover on-board a space station. The Aliens look a lot like the alien from the movie 'Life'.
There is a lot of problem solving and reloading the game to find the best approach to attack a enemy, but they give you a wide rage of weapons and Psy abilities, you can advance those along the way.

Give it a look for yourself:

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join