It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking For A New PC Game - Any Suggestions?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So next week I'm pretty much going to be home alone for the whole week...well, except for all my dogs and cats. Wife and son are going on a Boy Scout summer camp trip, and I'm going to be stuck here at home taking care of said dogs and cats (and chickens too).

So.....remember when you got cable/satellite TV with 150 channels and one day thought: Sigh.....there's nothing to watch...

Yah, that's me here on my computer. I've got more games than I can shake a stick at, and yet I'm in the mood for trying something new while I'm stuck here alone.

What I'm in the mood for.....well...basically something that isn't just mindless violence, and also nothing that's just straight video arcade (think Pacman).

I was looking at Elite Dangerous and thought: wow! Now there's something I can sink my teeth into (I played the original Elite back in the early 1990s).....but then I saw that it's a MMO.......sigh.....not looking for an ONLINE MULTIPLAYER game either (I spent years playing Eve Online, and a few other MMOs).

I'd mostly be interested in RPGs.....doesn't have to be swords fighting, scifi settings are fun too.

Just so people know...here's a list of games I do have...heh.....

7 Days to Die
Alien: Isolation
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs
Antichamber
Audiosurf
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Black Mesa
Cry of Fear
Crysis 2
Don't Starve
Doors
Dungeon Nightmares
Dungeon Nightmares 2
Morrowind
Oblivion
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Fallout 4
Firewatch
Half-Life 2
Half-life 2: Episode 1
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Kerbal Space Programs.
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Mass Effect Andromeda
Obduction
Outlast
Portal
Portal 2
Railroad Tycoon 2
Remember Me
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Risen
Sid Meier's Civilization IV
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Silent Hunter III
Silent Hunter IV
SimCity 4
The Sims 3
Slender: The 8 Pages
Slender: The Arrival
The Stanley Parable
Starbound
Starship Titanic
Stranded Deep
Team Fortress 2
Thief
Thief Gold
ALL of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six series
Dead Space
Dragon's Age: Origin
Minecraft

Suggestions?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

give me some time. ill get back to you

Offline:
Dust: an elysian tail
Axiom Verge - like metroid
Mighty no.9 -like megaman
evoland 1-2 - like zelda and Final fantasy (only worth it if you have a compatible controller)
how to survive 2
dead cells
cossacks
RE:7
Dying light
Dishonored - If you actually like thief, this game makes it feel like crap imho.
Mafia III - if you can run it.

Online:
heroes and generals
lawbreakers
vanilla wow
hawken
Rust
Crossout
war thunder

Could you let us know of a few games you refuse to play?
I wont play Skyrim
Play unknow's battlegrounds
or CoD.

edit on 13-7-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I notice that Ark Survival Evolved isn't on the list....not a fan? I've had dozens of hours of single player fun with it. And then there's the insane number of mods available.....

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Check out Empyrion Galactic Survival. It has crafting, looting POI's, creatures, you can mine ores to build your own hover vehicle to get around the planet, build a space ship to get to another planet. Whole lot of things to do.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Arma 3 Exile mod, or Player Unknowns Battlegrounds. Both games are kinda viloence ridden, but they both have a ton of strategy involved and can eat up time like no body's business. Exile has some strategy, missions, basebuilding, and zombies... Battlegrounds is a very fun Battle Royale gamemode, lots of strategies to learn. Both have the capabaility to meet new people and play with them. Should give those a try.
edit on 7 13 2017 by Sabz228 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 13 2017 by Sabz228 because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Keep in mind that if I don't have a game in my list, it may not mean I don't like it or am not interested in it.

Budget constraints (electricity, food, gas, things like that come first, heh) may be a reason that I don't own a game and have since forgotten about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh, and since I have time, I will look into each game you all suggest, no fears on that.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Planet coaster
Ff 7 8 9 10 are all updated on steam for pc
Any wow i play tbc myself wotlk and vanila are good also

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Witcher 3 hands down, and is right up your ally.

Considering you have played all the great RPGs already, you've set the bar way too high. Only Witcher 3 can compete.

edit on 13-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Oh I'm not turned off by early access games, and games do not have to be triple A for me to enjoy. I started back when there was nothing but text (IE Zork), and 8 bit graphics (the original Castle Wolfenstien 3D).

I had the first Witcher, and it looked great...but gameplay was a bit hard for me (had been playing Oblivion at the time).

I have heard good things about 3 though.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Witcher 3 has greatly improved it's gameplay since the first one. What makes Witcher 3 so great isn't the gameplay, but the incredibly deep story line, depth of character and character development. Similar to the mass effect series in terms in character Development and story, but imo surpasses them. Witcher has set the new bar. It's also huge open world now.

You won't be disappointed, I have the exact same taste as you, as I've played almost all the games you listed.

Also wanted to add that it was one of the most immersive experiences I've had in a while.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Casual play with 'Fallout Vault', and go for all outcomes for 'Papers Please'.

Then again you could do Roll20 and play some Dungeons and Dragons

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I should mention games I've played that I don't have anymore:

Sacred
Sacred 2
Dungeon Siege
Dungeon Siege 2
Diablo
Diablo 2
Diablo 3 (currently have)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Ah! Forgot to mention I also do have Fallout Shelter.

DnD - I do love playing it (in fact, have a gaming session tonight with my friends).

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What was your eve online name?

If you don't want to divulge that, which if any alliance were you in or Corp?

I played that game for 11 years.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Dark Souls. 1-3 are all great. They do have an online component, but it's not required for anything and you can opt out, if you like.

1 requires DSfix mod to run smoothly on pc b/c it was a rushed port, but if you have that it's great. Don't fall for all the prepare to die hype, the games are punishing but also the most rewarding gaming experience you can get today.

I wish there was Bloodborne on PC but Sony owns the rights so ps4 only :'(

gl! let us know what you decide on.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'm also surprised you haven't played the Dragon age series. Same creators of Mass effect, the gameplay is almost identical but is set in the medieval times.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

since we seem to have the same name, we should have the same interest in games. So, DOOM (the newest) and Warhammer Total War.

Believe me, biggest bang for your buck.

Regards,
edit on America/Chicago19Thu, 13 Jul 2017 12:19:14 -05001200000013 by eirgud because: (no reason given)

edit on America/Chicago19Thu, 13 Jul 2017 12:19:53 -05001200000013 by eirgud because: (no reason given)

edit on America/Chicago20Thu, 13 Jul 2017 12:20:10 -05001200000013 by eirgud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Here it is, my profile on Eve:

evewho.com...

All small corps I belong to. Used to do some Low Sec ninja mining, WH space stations and doing crazy "let's see how far we get in Null Sec" stuff.

My wife used to play too, I even make a little video playing the game with the theme from Mission Impossible to it while mission grinding with her:

Low rez vid. They'd just introduced station walking a few months before if I remember right.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I have Origins, the first one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join