It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Director Says There Could Be More Than 12 MILLION ILLEGALS In US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

These yahoo's probably use illegals whenever it suits them to save money. Never ask why it's so cheap to get their driveway poured.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: EternalShadow

Not trying to "get off" of anything. I know I have blood on my hands.

It sounds like your saying because my government has hurt innocent people I should just go along with it
every time?

No I'm saying as Americans, we're ALL complicit ALL the time. Innocent people or not, we benefit from cheap food (kinda), cheap gas (kinda), and America's Got Talent every night, if you're so inclined.

My point is that civic duty is a foreign concept apparently, and most are making every excuse they can to avoid civic responsibility and complicity.
edit on E31America/ChicagoThu, 13 Jul 2017 16:46:29 -05007pmThursdayth04pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
These yahoo's probably use illegals whenever it suits them to save money. Never ask why it's so cheap to get their driveway poured.

I'm sure there is a surprising amount of double standards that no one would admit to.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

If you just used a group of people to make your products as cheap as possible to save you money, exploited their legal status to do so, and then kick them out after reaping the reward with no penalty yourself is that really taking responsibility?

Morality is apparently a hard concept for some.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sadly in some or many cases people may not even understand the double standard they are presenting, and even scorn those pouring their driveway for half the cost....stupid so and so's.....insert racial slur etc...
edit on 13-7-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

No I'm saying as Americans, we're ALL complicit ALL the time. Innocent people or not, we benefit from cheap food (kinda), cheap gas (kinda), and America's Got Talent every night, if you're so inclined.

Agreed especially about agt, big fan 8)
When i tell people that every time they fill their car
up with gas they are complicit in the deaths of all
the innocents that accrued during the wars fought
to obtain that petroleum. The main thing they say to me is this.

You think to much.

As if thinking could ever be done to much.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

If you just used a group of people to make your products as cheap as possible to save you money, exploited their legal status to do so, and then kick them out after reaping the reward with no penalty yourself is that really taking responsibility?

Morality is apparently a hard concept for some.

No it is not. Responsibility would be preventing said group from coming here to be exploited and in turn enriching the businesses and corporations that profit from such exploitation.

Do Americans have the fortitude to endure a short term pain to accomplish a long term goal?

I don't think so..maybe a small section of our population might say let's do this. However, the majority haven't a clue nor inclination to change anything.

Morality? I'm not sure the law is too concerned with how we feel. Yet, that's the redirection used to say laws don't matter, only the welfare of people do.

I'm not that callous.... but how do you enforce laws that are compromised by feelings? Is it our best interest to simple bury our heads in the sand because it benefits our own personal bottom lines?

That's the new definition of civic duty and responsibility??

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Most illegals are in a class where savings is not used. So what happens is they spend all there income on rent, cars, sometimes insurance, they get buyers and buy homes after they have been carpenters for several years in the us. A portion goes home to families as well.

I think the idealist scenario you are describing here, though I only believe what you are referring to is, in reality, a small minority of those who have crossed illegally and assimilated.

They come here because it's very easy to get a job from the real cheaters. The employers. In a state like Texas it's nearly impossible to have a residential construction crew on the books completely because your competitors are using cheaper labor. Rick Perry himself became rich using illegals in building projects.

The people making a killing are their employers who find ways of dodging billions collectively in workman's comp, taxes, etc then reinvest the scammed money they saved,...and it's actually states like Texas who have right to work philosophies that have the most illegals.

If we keep letting them cross unvetted and unaccounted for then what you're describing isn't going to get any better.

The illegal boogeyman is a hoax.

Depends on your definition of the word boogeyman and the word hoax.

The illegals are a foundation of a fake market. It's a sad fact of keeping the cpi in check since inflation is completely decided by central banks now.

Yes! The globalist, central banker, corporate manifestation of evil that we can at least put a dent in by strengthening our borders!

edit on 7/13/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Again plenty of studies by non partisan economic journals on the situation.

Let me guess, you don't live in the south.

12 million people is far to large a number to not assimilate. Literally millions of carpenters and construction workers have been steadily employed by builders for decades. I was a remodeling carpenter from 2000-2011 in Texas. I had to specialize in millwork and cabinet installs to make decent wages because everybody had illegal crews sometimes of hundreds.

Every city in Texas had huge amounts of Mexican and central American builders.

California is filled with agricultural workers. Literally millions of illegals go to work everyday.

The scale is in 100's of billions in commerce.

The boarder should not be open, it never should have been.

However, every country that controls immigration effectively does it through employment.

For instance right now I can go take pictures of masses of illegals at building sites. From concrete form builders, pipe fitter helpers, day labor, carpenters, electricians helpers, roofers, landscapers, etc....

If the feds in real terms wanted to stop it they could do it tomorrow through the employers.

My guess is you have been fooled into believing what these worm rungs say.

Nobody wants to deport the illegals.

Or say hello to higher cpI/inflation.

How about we close the boarders.

Have a grace green card pathway that includes English so we can get rid of the Spanish speaking only highschool (unless it's a second language)
Either they pay or can apply for a grant from the seized funds of the employers that made millions investing money they were scamming by not paying taxes and workman's comp (also cause a drain on emergency rooms since they didn't cover their workers in any way)

The people with no green card after grace period are deported. Anyone who is caught employing non card holders is severely punished.

Problem solved in a much faster way with public support and a valid moral argument.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Not all of them sell drugs mind you. There are illegal immigrants who come to this country in search of a better life.

In my case my own sister married to an illegal immigrant back 7 years ago.

He didn't sell drugs, he didn't rob banks, he also never ever hung out with bad people.

No. He worked. And worked.... and when people got on his trail about his false identity he fled.

But i am not going to show you this one side of his image.

My sister was abused. This guy GAMBLED his money away just like my father. He never saved any money. He always wanted the good life but could never achieve it. He wanted everything.... for almost nothing...

As a matter of fact he is so American, even after he obtained citizenship, he is now a part of the debt deficit. Where as last i heard from him he already defaulted on a house loan, and had his car repossessed.

He was applying for college when he was married to my sister and honestly i had to stop him from going. For one reason... he wanted to get a masters in business.... as if there isn't enough MBA holders out there lining up at the unemployment office. Im not saying you failed if you hold an MBA, im just letting you know about thw millions of others who have that same criteria in their background, and yet i am their manager at those fast food joints nobody likes working at. And i am a dropout. A high school drop out. Yet i get paid more than them currently.

Anyway....

I wouldn't say the immigrants who come here are all about selling drugs and commiting heinous acts of domestic violence. No. They came here originally to get away from their hell hole of a country, at least that is how they say it, to come here and live peacefully. Without fear. But since we still have a problem with people allowing them to have jobs.... yeah... it just makes it difficult for them to stay.

For them, just getting across the border makes their lives better. Of course the amount of crap they now have to deal with being an illegal immigrant is still better than where they were before they made the jump.

Honestly they do just fine without aide. Especially considering they are already used to working outside in fields. And are the only ones who continue to work on farms and other outdoor fields of work. The pay might suck, but to them it is still better than living back in their country of origin.

So maybe if we actually paid them like a citizen..... they would want to become one even faster? Or it just might make them more inclined to just stay out of citizenship and send more money back home to bring more immigrants.

Honestly it is a sticky situation and everyone is at fault in some way.

With there being over 10 million illegals in this country.... is it any wonder why only a few thousand are in our prisons?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Love your avatar......But I live in N.C. and I've watched since about 1981/82 the low wage workforce be replaced. Then the skilled trades be replaced. They are more illegals in the USA than the government will ever tell you. That 12 million figure is a damn farce.....That's more a number to judge how many has been deported but just came right back.....Our sieve of a southern border stops no one. If the Illegals were Islamic Terrorists then we would be in a damn hurt locker because you have 12 million ( wink wink) inside the wire, silently invaded . a reply to: 727Sky

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join