It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Director Says There Could Be More Than 12 MILLION ILLEGALS In US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Source is The Daily Caller (owned and operated by Tucker Carlson)

Acting Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director Thomas Homan said he isn’t sure exactly how many illegal immigrants are in the U.S.

There could be more than 11 to 12 million in the country, he said. No matter how many there are, Homan said that President Donald Trump’s executive orders have put every illegal immigrant (except those covered by President Obama’s amnesty for illegal aliens who arrived as minors) up for deportation.

“One thing President Trump did with the executive orders is he took the handcuffs off of officers. Now they can enforce the laws enacted by Congress,” Homan told TheDC. “The executive orders could’ve been written in one sentence: ‘You are now allowed to enforce the law as written.’ There’s been a lot of people off the table. Now there’s no population off the table anymore.”

The acting ICE director said during the briefing that there are “11 million to 12 million” illegal immigrants in the U.S. The Pew Research Center pegged the number at 11 million illegal immigrants in 2015.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was higher than 12 million.

And to be fair, like I said in another thread...

IF... they can prove they've paid taxes, if they can prove they have at least attempted to obtain citizenship the legal way, if they haven't received any illegal benefits not entitled to citizens (such as voting!), and last but not least if they can prove they have no criminal record....

Then...

And ONLY then....

They can take a number, stand in line, and go through the motion like everyone else. And if they make it through that with their i's dotted and their t's crossed, then by god they deserve some sort of amnesty.

We need to make it easier for the immigrants who wish to come here to work, contribute, and assimilate. And we need to make it harder for the ones that wish to come here illegally (therefore criminally) to sell way too many drugs, reap the benefits of democratic services, and sometimes murder and rape our own citizens,

Yea... some are rapists, too. There I said it. If it were 2000 years ago they would be cutting the still beating heart out of their own people in order to please the weather gods to yield a good corn harvest.

Today, they just behead you and your whole family.

edit on 7/13/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hell, they may be that many in North Carolina alone.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I wonder as American citizens, do we have a civic duty, in regards to upholding our laws and protecting the republic, to turn in illegals on sight as soon as they can be totally confirmed as illegal?

ETA: What about a citizens arrest? Since illegals have no rights, is it fair to say you could detain individuals until ICE or local law enforcement arrives?
What if local law enforcement chooses not do anything about it? What's the recourse and remedy for that?

I'm not being an a$$ here, I'm just saying for those who want our laws to be respected and enforced, where do we think personal responsibility starts and ends?

edit on E31America/ChicagoThu, 13 Jul 2017 06:51:35 -05007amThursdayth06am by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
I wonder as American citizens, do we have a civic duty in regards to upholding our laws and protecting the republic to turn in illegals on sight as soon as they can be totally confirmed as illegal?

Dont know about civic duty , but moral responsibility - probably

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Hell, they may be that many in North Carolina alone.

Probably not but I would bet there are almost that many in California ...

One of the main things that needs to be stopped are the ones who are sent back to their home country (for whatever reason) and then pop back in at the job sight within the month.. or worse yet they commit another offense they were detained and extradited in the first place.

92 million legal Americans not working... why allow more illegals in to feed off the system and you tax dollars..

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Well, I wouldn't do it if they weren't at least trying to keep the appearance that they're doing things (somewhat) by the book.

I had an interesting encounter at the bank the other day. Hispanic fellow at the teller next to me had aviators on, mine were resting on my shirt.

I looked over and said, "Hey man, I don't think you can wear sunglasses in a bank."

He gave me the most smug look through those lenses and said "Me no speak uh ingliss."

I shot him the harshest look I could and said to him:

"¡Si tu quiere vivir en America, que tu necessita estudiar Ingles!"
If you want to live in America, then you need to study English!

Then he looked shocked, didn't know what to say. So the hispanic teller lady kindly reminded him in Spanish that sunglasses are not allowed to be worn in banks, federal law.

He was still confused. But I know that SOB was illegal and he got a kick out of telling me he didn't speak English.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I wonder as American citizens, do we have a civic duty in regards to upholding our laws and protecting the republic to turn in illegals on sight as soon as they can be totally confirmed as illegal?

ETA: What about a citizens arrest? Since illegals have no rights, is it fair to say you could detain individuals until ICE or local law enforcement arrives?
What if local law enforcement chooses not do anything about it? What's the recourse and remedy for that?

I'm not being an a$$ here, I'm just saying for those who want our laws to be respected and enforced, where do we think personal responsibility starts and ends?

And how do you accomplish that? How do you prove that they are illegal?

Are you just going to jump on detain people just for being brown or speaking Spanish even though they could very well be US Citizens?

Talk about trash the rights of certain segment of US Citizens. Having to fear over eager idiots mistaking them for illegals jumping on them and detaining them.

Let ICE handle it. Last thing they need is dip#s running around playing vigilante and making the lives of US citizens of minority groups a misery .

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

You don't want to go around trying to citizens arrest random people you come across, you will end up getting your ass handed to you in a civil suit if the police, once they arrive, deicide not to arrest the person you wrongfully detained. And even if they do arrest them and they are subsequently not charged you are still screwed.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Can you explain the beheading bit please as I am from that tiny little place called Europe and am stupid. Sarcasm off...

Give the planet a break with your Arrogance please...

Thank you.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

And how do you accomplish that? How do you prove that they are illegal?

Are you just going to jump on detain people just for being brown or speaking Spanish even though they could very well be US Citizens?

Talk about trash the rights of certain segment of US Citizens. Having to fear over eager idiots mistaking them for illegals jumping on them and detaining them.

Let ICE handle it. Last thing they need is dip#s running around playing vigilante and making the lives of US citizens of minority groups a misery .

I said nothing about "going hunting" which is ridiculous. My point is that for those who are aware of an individual who is CONFIRMED as illegal, do you have more APATHY than civic duty to do something about it.

That's it. A lot of illegal immigration could be stopped if the illegals themselves realized that they have no quarter.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Unless you know that person and they have admitted that they are illegal (I which case report them) than how can you confirm that they are illegal?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Please reread my post. I said NOTHING about random or stopping people.

Let me clarify.

If it comes to your attention by whatever means, and it is COMPLETELY confirmed that an individual is illegal, do you have a civic duty to turn them in?

See? No witch hunt or round ups.

edit on E31America/ChicagoThu, 13 Jul 2017 07:34:27 -05007amThursdayth07am by EternalShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I hope US Citizens who are part a minority and get a concealed carry permit so they can put a bullet into any overeager dip#s.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

If comes to your attention, and it is COMPLETELY confirmed that an individual is illegal, do you have a civic duty to turn them in?

How do you 'completely confirm' this fact? Additionally, local law enforcement typically does not have the resources our authority to process illegal aliens, that is immigrations job. You are better off using the tips line if you suspect something, affecting citizens arrests is a good way to get yourself sued.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Unless you know that person and they have admitted that they are illegal (I which case report them) than how can you confirm that they are illegal?

That's not my job. I'm just saying if it comes to your attention by what ever means. You keep trying to steer this into some posse riding around scooping up suspected individuals and that's not what I'm saying here.
edit on E31America/ChicagoThu, 13 Jul 2017 07:12:55 -05007amThursdayth07am by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Thing is every country uses illegal immigrants. I wouldn't want to do the work they do for the pay they do it is near slavery in some places.
I don't see native born people who can't get a job lining up to do the jobs the illegals do.
It is wrong and none of it should happen but you will see problems come about from not having an illegal immigrant workforce.

thehill.com...

It all comes down to money and it sucks.
edit on 13-7-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If comes to your attention, and it is COMPLETELY confirmed that an individual is illegal, do you have a civic duty to turn them in?

You are better off using the tips line if you suspect something, affecting citizens arrests is a good way to get yourself sued.

Sued by someone who has no rights and shouldn't be here in the first place?

How does that work??

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

How does that work??

Everyone in the United States, legal or not, has, at minimum, some basic Constitutional rights.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How does that work??

Everyone in the United States, legal or not, has, at minimum, some basic Constitutional rights.

Is that right....You got a source to back that up?

Illegals are Constitutional protected...I must have missed that breaking news story.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
To be honest, except the native americans you are illegally there, as occupiers, as colonists!
Maybe we have to take out the afro-americans, because they were brought as slaves to the allegedly former united States.

But the rest, except the native americans, are illegal occupiers of that land!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join