It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football vs American Football

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I was watching the superbowl yesturday and I heard the comentators say that it was the most watched sporting event in the world. I would like to know if this is true because I always thought that the WorldCup is the most watched sporting event in the world. I would also like to know which sport came first and which one has the right to be called Football.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
who ever has the most money can say whetever they want. WHile others have to sit and stew. Rugby probly is the precursor of American football. While Football (Americnas say soccar) has probly been around since someone first kicked around a ball

FOx is also advertising NASCAR as the fastest sport in the world. Yet they don't even think about Formula 1, or even airplane races.

According to ratings, more people watch the superbowl then the world cup.. i dont have the exact number

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Heavyweight title fights also used to have a much greater global viewership than the Superbowl.

Anything can be called football, be it soccer, futbol, that new two-player game in a cage, that football game like volleyball with the net in the middle, gridiron, rugby league, rugby union, Gaelic football, Australian Rules, or any other. Nobody can trademark a generic term any more.

new topics

join