It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belle Plaine Allows Satanic Monument In City Memorial Park

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Nothing wrong with it. I mean it haven't been making threats of violence and all that compared to some rap songs which talks about killing "whitey."

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Remember the guy that destroyed the Ten Commandment statues in Arkansas and Oklahoma? The Ok statue didn't even make to the 24hr mark before it was in pieces.

I give this one about........3.......2........1

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It makes a fair statement. Why does it always have to be a cross at a memorial or once such as shared with the solider kneeling at a cross?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Don't have a problem with the statue... I do have problems with "free speech zones"

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I don't see an issue with satanism or this monument being erected in the memorial park - many Christians misconstrue these folks as being aligned with the entity from the Book of Job who asked permission to kill the humans to prove to God that humans are worthless P.O.S.

Satan = enlightenment. (this is confirmed in the bible many times)
edit on 13/7/2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Remember the guy that destroyed the Ten Commandment statues in Arkansas and Oklahoma? The Ok statue didn't even make to the 24hr mark before it was in pieces.

I give this one about........3.......2........1

Perhaps he might go after it. More about him:

Reed, 32, describes himself as:

A born again Christian whos (sic) a pentacostal Jesus Freak.

He streamed to Facebook Live the moment he drove his 2016 Dodge Dart over the statehouse lawn and crashed into the monument. One of his Facebook supporters, Elizabeth Horton, commented:

Thank you for saving the taxpayers of Arkansas all the $ they would have wasted trying to fight to have this illegally placed monument erected on public land. The years of legislative time that would have been wasted trying to keep this at the capitol can now be spent on matters that actually affect Arkansas. It was a clear violation of our state constitution.

Source

edit on 13-7-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

For a clearer picture starts at around 4:10

black cube - hmmm

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I would say yes.

And to clarify, the military will provide them with a space to conduct such services upon request. They don't however provide USAF chaplains as overseers. The priests or leaders within that faith(s) come from off base temples or groups.

The USAF chaplains DO oversee the mainstream Christian services, i. e. Catholicism, Pentecostal, Baptist, Methodist, etc. Believe me, I know. I went to all of them each Sunday to get out of having to clean the barracks! Lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am so thankful to live in a country that allows freedom of religion.
Currently I believe in things like NDE , not the christiane type but the
neutral type. But I have been a believer in jesus and a satanist. Played around
with being a hindu for awhile. Without this freedom how could we ever
truly find whats in our hearts? So as long as my tax dollars aren't being used to
maintain ANY type of religious icons than I wish them peace and love.

Firm believer in separation of church and state.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: seasonal
So either we put our satanic monument up or we will sue you. Someone dared put silhouette a person praying over a

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A small Minnesota town is getting a lot of attention for a Satanic monument coming to their veterans park.

The monument going up for The Satanic Temple — which features an upturned helmet atop a black cube — will soon be at the site of the Veterans Memorial Park in Belle Plaine.

It is being built by a group of Satanists out of Massachusetts, and it will be the first Satanic monument on public property in United States history.
minnesota.cbslocal.com...
Here is what we can expect the satanic monument to look like. Nothing like pentagrams and a upside down helmet to say we respect your sacrifice.

And here is the trouble making monument.

Now we are all equal, isn't it wonderful

You do realize that being a satanist rarely means the person actually believes in the biblical Satan, right? If you don't, you didn't read your own source. It's right there in it, written very clearly:

Despite its name, the Satanic Temple says it does not promote a belief in a personal Satan and that that “religion can, and should, be divorced from superstition.”

The pentagram can be traced back to ancient times all over the globe. It is a sacred symbol of power and protection for many religions, including my own. I don't believe in Satan either. I believe this imaginary being was created as a way of controlling people through fear and intimidation.

Do you not feel that the sacrifice of satanists is equal to that of followers of any other religious faith? They are somehow less deserving than others of a monument representing their faith? They don't have the right to show respect for their fallen as those of other religions are invited to do?

Do some research on the pentagram and its symbolism throughout recorded time. While you're at it, do some research on other religions. Organized religion has a narrow view for a reason. It's always a good idea to take off the blinders from time to time. There's a whole world out there that exists beyond the boundaries of religious indoctrination and bias rooted in superstition; believing that a symbol holds the power of some faceless evil qualifies as superstition...and I mean absolutely nothing spiteful or mocking at all when I'm saying this to you.

Those things only have power over those who believe they have power. And when people attribute a power to something that it does not actually have, they are themselves giving it more power. This is true of just about everything we fear and revile.

So in a way, making a huge deal out of this is actually lending to the power that drives those who created the symbol...whatever it may be. If these people were truly evil, you'd be perpetuating that intent by even talking about it. Words carry power with them, always.

Ty. I could not have said this better. 99% of people who are against this or that religious belief have NO IDEA
what those beliefs are really about or what type of people follow it. I tell people I used to be a satanist and they
ask stupid questions like," you hurt people for fun." " why do you like to watch people suffer?"

Absolute nonsense, satanism is about following your own moral code not about going against others ideas of
a god. True satanist do not believe in the gods and monsters from the jewish/muslim/christane books.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
It makes a fair statement. Why does it always have to be a cross at a memorial or once such as shared with the solider kneeling at a cross?

I asked that question when I was 15 years old.
My white/native american non-christian father
was being buried in our military cematary.
My christine aunt slapped me in the face as an answer.

My answer to you is that instead of using the power of the voice we have
we allow others to make decisions for all.

Imagine what a truly free country might look like. One were all beliefs can be displayed in public without
it bring out the hate that is inside us all.
edit on 13-7-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Where are all of the "freedom from religion" types, protesting this?

What's that I hear? Crickets?

No, you hear laughter from all of us. Because we all warned this would happen.

This beats protesting. It's actually why the Satanic Temple does these things.

So wait ... the Satanists don't actually want a monument there out of actual sincere religious convictions to represent those of their faith. They only want to troll Christians?

So why do they have a monument again?

That other one is there to memorialize the fallen, not to troll people.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I would hope if they are trolling that the point would be in protest of "free speech zones"

I find it ridiculous that they have limited our right to free speech to certain areas. Certain small areas. Its the first step in eradicating free speech all together.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

a reply to: tigertatzen

So for you the symbol hold power but "good" power.

It is a sacred symbol of power and protection for many religions, including my own.

believing that a symbol holds the power of some faceless evil qualifies as superstition

Yes. And also for every person I've ever known who is a Satanist. All of the Pagan belief systems really. Only people who use these teachings for negative intent do things like what were probably running through your head when you wrote this. This is what I've been trying to tell you. I'm not picking on you. I want you to think.

You are clearly an intelligent person. You write well. You engage people. Use that super power for good. Read some stuff. Put aside your bias. You really write well, I seriously mean that. I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks that.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

a reply to: tigertatzen

So for you the symbol hold power but "good" power.

It is a sacred symbol of power and protection for many religions, including my own.

believing that a symbol holds the power of some faceless evil qualifies as superstition

Posting again to clarify because I believe I misunderstood your question. Yes, it is a symbol of power and/or protection. Like the Peridot is a symbol of my birth month or a cross is a symbol for Jesus, etc.

Does the object hold power? No. Does a symbol itself hold some type of power within the drawing or engraving or writing or fashioning of it? Only the power of the intent behind whomever is wearing it or drawing it or whatever.

So...this monument cannot possibly in and of itself be evil. People who believe that this thing holds evil power within it that somehow will taint the rest of the property with its evilness are doing so out of superstition.

But does it have power? No. So who cares if it's up there with all the rest? Who cares what they believed...does it matter? Should they go protest all the others because they don't agree with those beliefs? Everyone should believe what they want. And everyone else should be perfectly OK with them making their own choices. And everyone...everyone on this planet should feel free to mourn their dead and honor them in any way they see fit; without ridicule or question from others, for any reason. That is disrespectful. And beneath you.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If it not a giant penis, it ain't jack...or Satan.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So when a very Christian display is placed, you won't be complaining?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So follow it up with a very Satanic display.

It's a religious arms race.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I complained about these initiatives to put religious stuff on public property in the first place.

I personally don't get offended by Christian imagery. I just don't think it belongs on public property.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

So follow it up with a very Satanic display.

It's a religious arms race.

Does seem to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join