It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Movies and 8 (prescription) Drugs you need

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I'm so sick of these drug commercials. Oh the irony
Seriously though, we're ditching traditional TVs because it's so out of control.

Yep. Commercials are literally the reason I refuse to watch tv. If there's a show I absolutely need to see, I can watch it online without commercials.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Everyone following their own self interest seems to have some major pitfalls.

Like the pit fall if you get cancer and have no medical insurance. Guess what country you would want to live in? (hint it ain't the US)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22452950]
Yep. Commercials are literally the reason I refuse to watch tv. If there's a show I absolutely need to see, I can watch it online without commercials.

Here is a very little known fact about network television and cable programming...

Commercials are primary content. Programs/shows are secondary content.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I had cancer.

In between chemo you get a shot of neulasta. Each shot is $14,000.

It pissed me off pretty good - pretty sure I wrote the manufacturer to complain. There's no way people can afford that - and no reason it should be that high.

It's like the whole system inflates itself.

Not only that - the whole industry hides (won't inform you of) helpful alternative medicines because they can't make money off it.

Like if you have pancreatitis, take grape seed often - totally helpful circumventing attacks. I had to find out about grape seed by reading on the internet - not from my doctor. They'd prefer to treat the attack with drugs.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MaestroMind

When I load a hour show on netflix, the show is 42-44 minutes. The majority of time is still programming. But the $$$ comes in by advertising.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Money is our medical system, period.

Can't blame the corps, it is their job to maximize profits. Blame the fact that our system is for profit, and it will not change til it collapses.
Look at the goat screw Trump and the idiot repups that had 8 years to pull their collective heads out of their asses and come up with something to replace the ACA. But as we can see they are as flaccid as the dems.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Big pharma are the biggest advertisers on television. The commercials range from the ridiculous to the corrupt. Seemingly, the second biggest advertisers are law firms that sue for faulty meds or medical practices.

I no longer watch live tv except for sporting events and with football games I begin watching a half hour late so I can skip the ads.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

The 2 movies I was watching were riddled with Mike's hard lemonade, mattresses and razor blades too. By far Mikes stupid ass hard lemonade was the winner. At least during the movies I watched.
edit on 12-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

My father used to laugh at the beer commercials showing all the beautiful people having a great time. He would say they should show them all at the end of the night when they're all sloppy, crying and fighting.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Yes, advertising is a physiological experiment.

There is a reason Joe Camel had his wings clipped.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Does anyone seriously think in 12 months our medical system in the US is going to be more affordable?

and now this....“To release these videos would create a high level of racially insensitive commentary toward the district,” she was told. “And in addition it would create a racial bias in the riders against minorities on the trains.”

www.rawstory.com...

Well, you wanted a businessman....

not so much that people wanted a businessman, but rather that people didnt want to promote and reward a worthless career politician riddled with corruption and cinciedences such as the clintons.

both sucked but atleast one wasnt already 30 years in the corrupted system and part of the issue. in the end i didnt vote for either one of those two clowns .
however i can see why people voted for trump over hillary in the hope of a .0000001 chance of making things better with a somewhat govt outsider vs a 100% insider.

having said that if people dont demand better than hillary or trump from their party with focus on lobbying , revolving doors, and congress term limits nothing will change and lobbyists will CONTINUE to win.

so yeah business as usual cause Democrat's and Republicans have their heads up their butts fighting and arguing about distractions and not the real issues. hint healthcare is NOT the real issue its a symptom of the real issue.
edit on 03731America/ChicagoWed, 12 Jul 2017 23:03:48 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Until we get a bullet proof pres that can sit in the oval office and name names of people and orgs that are wholesale boning the citizens, we are doomed.

I think JFK was as close as we have come to this-and his life ended in a flurry of bullets infront of the world.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The advertising is bad enough, but what about all the free fancy lunches for the medical staff and doctor while you sit and wait, at least 2 ours later than your prescheduled dr appt? How's that for sticking it to ya? And you continue to sweetly sit there and wait-and afterwards you receive a huge fistful of scripts and later extra charges that your insurance refuses to pay?

Gotta love good old American ingenuity.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Until we get a bullet proof pres that can sit in the oval office and name names of people and orgs that are wholesale boning the citizens, we are doomed.

I think JFK was as close as we have come to this-and his life ended in a flurry of bullets infront of the world.

unfortunately its not going to happen until both individual republicans and individual Democrat's get their heads out long enough to see some sunshine.

they need to join forces to tackle the real issue of rampant corruption and conflict of interest in politicss. however everyone is to busy chasing their tail on distractions such as crappy healthcare which is a symptom of the real issue.

its long overdue that we concentrate on the real issue and use commonsense , that its not wise to expect people with conflict of interest to do right by you unless you are the one that is bribing them.

it shouldn't be shocking to anyone why healthcare is broken for most americans , but working great for congress and big lobbyists.
edit on 25731America/ChicagoWed, 12 Jul 2017 23:25:57 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

It's about profits. Our system should be non profit. A scary word for many repubs.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Very good thread. I don't understand why these Pharma companies are allowed to advertise. I read that their advertising budget is quite a bit more than their research budget these days. www.washingtonpost.com... c161a6

I know, it is the Washington Post, we can't believe anything they say. Here is another one, but then again I cannot verify if this is real either. naturalsociety.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Very good thread. I don't understand why these Pharma companies are allowed to advertise.

Money-lobbying.

Advertising on TV is a horrible idea. The only idea that is worse is a for profit medical system in charge of life saving procedures and medications.

This is going to end in a crash with hundreds if not thousands of hospitals shutting down and massive suffering. Money controls everything.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

what is that drug I think it is for plaque psoriasis skin rash CANCER is a side effect..I can't wrap my head around that ...how can cancer be an acceptable side effect???

onother one had they don't say death...they came up with sudden fatal episode or something like that

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

More than they pay for research and development...

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

And here's the real kicker: we are one of only TWO countries on the planet that allow direct-to-consumer drug advertising. The only other country in the WORLD that allows it is New Zealand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join