It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump could profit big from Obamacare. Millions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ever wonder why Trump hates Obamacare? It's because it's a tax on the rich. Money money money for me. The poor be damned. Trump pays millions of taxes under Obamacare. And he don't like that.

The elimination of an Affordable Care Act tax could result in a personal tax cut for President Trump of between $1.4 million and $2.8 million a year, according to a liberal advocacy group. Americans for Tax Fairness said the elimination of the 3.8% net investment income tax would, by its estimates, result in the big cut. The group based its estimates on Trump's financial disclosure form. The tax in question was enacted as part of ACA and applies to individuals with a net investment income of $200,000 or more. That income is defined as rental income, interest, dividends and capital gains.

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 12-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Ever wonder why Trump hates Obamacare? It's because it's a tax on the rich. Money money money for me. The poor be damned. Trump pays millions of taxes under Obamacare. And he don't like that.

The elimination of an Affordable Care Act tax could result in a personal tax cut for President Trump of between $1.4 million and $2.8 million a year, according to a liberal advocacy group. Americans for Tax Fairness said the elimination of the 3.8% net investment income tax would, by its estimates, result in the big cut. The group based its estimates on Trump's financial disclosure form. The tax in question was enacted as part of ACA and applies to individuals with a net investment income of $200,000 or more. That income is defined as rental income, interest, dividends and capital gains.

www.usatoday.com...

If you think Trump became President to become rich you are not thinking straight. Trump has lost out on any number of opportunities by becoming President and has suffered boycotts and bad press.

Trump is NOT in this for money nor does he care at this point in his life. This Presidency is about leaving this world better than he found it and bringing this country back from the brink.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You are right. Trump didn't become POTUS to become rich. There's more in life than money. It's about power. It's about a new dynasty.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
ha.. like trump cares about a few million a year..... his businesses make millions a day

i think he just wanted to be president just to say he was president

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Trump and family ain't gonna need them Millions, not where they're going - in what I hope isn't a too distant future.
They will, however, continue to live of YOUR hard earned Tax Dollars with Iwanka designed (rip-off, of course) orange jump suits, free lodging and 3 meals a day.....
edit on 7122017 by BobbyRock because: meh....

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye
Another "Take money from the rich and give it to the poor"
why don't you go to Cuba or Russia and find out for yourself!

(post by nwtrucker removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

I don't trust any argument that hinges on rich vs poor.

Especially when most real problems come down to cronyism and corruption on both the right and the left. There needs to be an end to big pharma lobbying, along with excessive administrative bloat. Cut that down to size first, then figure out how the rest should be paid for.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

If you think Trump became President to become rich you are not thinking straight. Trump has lost out on any number of opportunities by becoming President and has suffered boycotts and bad press.

Trump is NOT in this for money nor does he care at this point in his life.

Source please?

Methinks you are admiring the emperor's new clothing.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

He's funneling millions of taxpayer dollars into his own resort going on his weekly vacations. I'd say he's doing pretty well financially as president so far.
edit on 7/12/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No evidence of this.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

That money isn't going to the resort across the street.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Who PROFITS the most from infrastructure, military, ect funded by taxation?

The wealthiest people.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A tax on the rich ? The rich can afford healthcare insurance, or pay out-of pocket.The "poor" cant afford insurance so they have to rely on the emergency room . So they get fined(taxed) at tax time for not having insurance. The middle class who can barely afford insurance (thanks to Obamacare) got their premiums upped . And no matter what you have heard , Obamacare is as overpriced as any . And no policy is all that good.

Do some research before you post nonsense
You aint from around these parts , er ya ?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think I have to say no.

This is a negative Trump thread. The next one will be a positive Trump thread. I think in the last one I voted yes, so it has to be no this time, right?

new topics

top topics

join