It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vertical Plane by Ken Webster - Is this proof of Time manipulation and travel or just a story?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Hi everyone, I just joined so I could post in this thread. I read the book last year, and I read the whole thread last summer. I find the story fascinating, and I am also very interested in some of the concepts that have been discussed in this thread such as the nature of consciousness. Something made me think of the story again, so I came back to it. I'm glad to see that there has been more discussion recently.

I just wanted to point out something that I noticed in the book. It's probably just a typo and not relevant at all, but on the off chance I thought I would mention it anyway. On page 144 it says that "On Saturday 27th May the sheriff wrote describing how Lukas behaved in court during the trial". That date stood out to me because the year is 1985, and I know that the 27th of May was a Monday.
I thought I would point it out just in case. I haven't checked any other dates, that one just stood out to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingGlassMilk

Welcome to the conversation! That is an interesting point to make and I am not sure what to make of that.

Ok now I reread I think I understand. That statement is one being made from Tomas time rather than in 1985. It would be interesting to try and see a calender from 15xx and see if it would match up.
edit on 2/28/2019 by sputniksteve because: Be cause

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
What if everthing that will ever happen has not only already happened, but already happened for an infinite amount of times. The entire birth and death of the universe over and over again for so long that it gives eternity anxiety. Every iteration and combination and creation of every event to exist. Over and over again like a heart beat, like moving through a strobe light. Each and every pulse an eternity in itself, until some crescendo of magnificence.

What a wild ride we are all on. It is getting so intense. I feel like we need to slow down. Maybe I need it to slow down.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I didn't read it as being from Tomas' time, it reads to me as being one of a sequence of dates from Ken's time. On page 136 he speaks of 2109 offering 'advice' on the 17th of May, p144 he get's a message from the sheriff on Sat 27th May, and then on page 145 it is the 28th May and Ken is driving on the M6.
It may be of no relevance at all, but then there are other seemingly deliberate errors such as the mislabeling of chapter 23 as Chapter 7.

I once read a modified version of the many worlds theory that stated that every possible outcome of every possible situation exists, but in a state of superposition. The many worlds theory proposes that new universes are created whenever multiple outcomes are possible - a new universe for each outcome, which could mean infinite numbers of universes. But the modified theory stated that all of these outcomes exist simultaneously, but in a state of superposition. Time doesn't exist so all the possible outcomes in every situation exist simultaneously and always have. The conscious mind navigates it's way through these possibilities, subconsciously choosing outcomes. Once the outcome has been observed then it ceases to be in a state of superposition and becomes our perceived reality. Time is merely a construct.

I really like that theory, and it makes me wonder how differently each individual experiences reality. Are the other people that I meet in my life experiencing the same outcomes that I observe them to experience in my perceived reality? Do we even exist as individuals or is the self an illusion? Are we all the same conciousness exploring reality repeatedly in different ways?

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36   >>

join