It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misandrists and misogynists, I'm getting confused what they mean now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

Its a fine line as highlighted by "when does no mean no" cases of intoxicated couples. Agree thats its a minefield.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: InceyWincey

originally posted by: rickymouse
Half the time they do that, the word is not the correct word for the statement.

I agree, that's kinda my case in the OP. But, they also use shorter words like "sexist" if a male calls a female a "nasty woman", my argument is not the label, but the sentiment.
It seems like the only way to stay safe from ridiculous sexist claims is to say "nasty person", but it seems silly to me.

I learned long ago that when women start talking that way, you walk away. Then you warn every guy you know about them. That way they will never have a decent relationship, nobody will dare to go out with them...except maybe a woman.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: InceyWincey

Thanks again for a great thread. I thought i would check ATS for previous threads on Misandry and came across one that points to a great Youtube channell on misandry

edit on 12-7-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: link

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

the very people who should be the most important to them (their husbands and boyfriends)

Whats worked for us for 28 years is that we rarely go out alone or have "boys only/girls only nights". We sussed onto the game a long time ago. The ones you mentioned are toxic - keep them away from your private life. They need validation and as soon as they get it from another woman in "their minds" it will tip them over into infidelity. Never mind the fact that the validation didn't even touch on the topic of faithfulness or betrayal.

Having said that, not so common now amongst my male friends, male friends would ogle women and say "woa - wouldn't I like a piece of her"; possibly also because of the age bracket (over 50's)

"
Haha, well it's refreshing to see that there are still couples in the world that are making it. Again, I know I am a stranger to you, but I'm very happy that you two have each other and have, what it sounds like, a very wonderful and special relationship!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm a feminist and a woman, I wouldn't say you calling someone a nasty woman is sexist. Yes to be completely sure that no offence is taken by either gender, you're best not using gender at all so "nasty person". So what's the issue? Gender neutral is the future, its an obvious step forward in the language. Its not some "agenda".

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Its a fine line as highlighted by "when does no mean no" cases of intoxicated couples. Agree thats its a minefield.

It's so sad too. The lines become blurred for fear of questioning the 'supposed' victim. Obviously rape is a very real and tragic occurrence, but there are so many cases in which proper investigations are not done simply because it would look bad to question the validity of the accuser for even one second.

And there's also the case of misandry in the courtroom when it comes to custody of children or nuptial agreements...or child support and the like. I've known a lot of men who have been royally screwed within these facets because the court often favors the woman, which is sad. And I feel that it's sad for me to know of these things firsthand through men I've known and met, and here I am only 26 y/o and I'm having to watch the degradation of the concepts of the modern woman right before my very eyes.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I'm a feminist and a woman, I wouldn't say you calling someone a nasty woman is sexist. Yes to be completely sure that no offence is taken by either gender, you're best not using gender at all so "nasty person". So what's the issue? Gender neutral is the future, its an obvious step forward in the language. Its not some "agenda".

I don't think OP is saying that everyone is in on the 'agenda', but as a woman as well...who also leans left and would agree to some extent that gender neutrality is the future, I would have to disagree that there isn't an issue here. Misandry is an issue that is often ignored. And we all know that ignoring an issue doesn't mean it's not an issue.

I agree, it would make sense in the direction that we're headed that we should refrain from mentioning genders. But again, we, in the end, shouldn't be making disrespectful remarks in general. As unfortunate as it is, it is realistic that this will not change. Men will not stop cat calling and women will not stop bashing their husbands with their female friends. It's just not going to happen because realistically there is no way to stop or regulate such behavior.

The best we can do is hope for the best and look inward to start being more respectful towards one another.

So, when you ask "what's the issue"..the issue is that there is a portion of feminists that man-hate and are very sexist in and of themselves but will be the first to scream misogyny where it isn't warranted all while hypocritically being sexist themselves. It also permeates the media in our tv shows and in real life with various court rulings as I mentioned above as one type of example. The man is depicted as automatically scummy, incapable of feelings and is often overlooked in many areas and belittled in others by women. Women are often favored. And in a world where so many are fighting for equality, it has now turned into a fight for superiority. Thus, it is an issue.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

Tell that to people who speak Spanish where every single thing is gendered, and at the rate we are importing people who speak Spanish as their primary language, I would hazard a guess we will all be speaking it soon.

So scrubbing gender from English hardly be your primary concern.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Thanks - its been pleasure listening to your views as well.
edit on 12-7-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Well I guess so for Spanish speakers. I'm in the UK so not much of an issue for us. But I think ultimately most languages will become neutral.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

What would you replace Amigo/Amiga with then?
Amig? I guess that works, but really?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

Well reasoned solutions, but to say misandry doesn't exist is ignoring the subject "that shall be not discussed"

I hear you, I just think it's a minor issue. More in the line of someone is having a bad day type of issue. I don't think it's life changing in anyway or that anyone is being discriminated against in any way.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Of course most blokes do that, we don't call it out lol, scary as # in some countries, could get ya shot after cries of rapist or something.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

More in the line of someone is having a bad day type of issue. I don't think it's life changing in anyway or that anyone is being discriminated against in any way.

So a man who is sexually harassed at work having failed at getting a remedy is overlooked for promotion or gets depressed is a non issue?
"Just a bad day" Tell me where this perfect world exists - I'll move there

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: InceyWincey or generally the masculine terms becomes gender inclusive. So I use the term guys to mean male and female. "hey guys lets go there"

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

So a man who is sexually harassed at work having failed at getting a remedy is overlooked for promotion or gets depressed is a non issue?

I don't live in that employment world but I used to, strict rules regarding worker interactions, etc.
Women would still rub my freshly shaved head and be all flirty, often unexpected, imagine if I'd run my fingers through their beautiful hair to random women in the office? I'd be crucified, but I'm hardly gonna complain when a woman makes advances am I

*I ended up owning it, slept my way to fantastic promotion with cougar key female line managers.
Both of us exploiting each other, just differently.
edit on 12-7-2017 by InceyWincey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Sorry for missing your post, if you wanted gender neutral in French or Spanish though you'd almost have to completely rewrite the languages.
Nobody is calling for that are they? Seems daft to me.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I was watching a French documentary on the Battle of Trafalgar the other day and one of the people on there had the title of "Historienne."

That made me smile, I am sure it would offend the knuckle dragging lesbi-monsters but it did make me think that in lots of ways the French have things right.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Lol yes!
The male/female differences in French have always been the most difficult for me, I can get by with my conversational French but I got the gender of nouns wrong much of the time. I will say about the French, so long as I'm ever trying my best they've always been accommodating, even switching to English back in respect to my obvious efforts.

I've found Spanish much easier than French, simple 'a' or 'o' at the end of most nouns.

...I'm sure there are crazy feminists out there who think it is sexist, quick google, haha yes:
www.thelocal.fr...

'French language is sexist' feminists say
French feminists demonstrated in Paris calling on authorities to change French grammar. They say grammar rules convey sexist ideologies and should be reformed.

Feminist activists wore pink gloves and pretended to sweep the floor as they demonstrated on Tuesday evening in front the French Academy in Paris, French daily Le Parisien reports.
Activists say they want the academy, the official authority on French language, to change grammar rules and sweep stereotypes away.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: InceyWincey

My French isn't great, I can get by and, as long as you make an effort, you'd be pretty unlucky to find a French person not trying to help you out.

I bet, being French, even their extreme feminists are hot though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join