It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misandrists and misogynists, I'm getting confused what they mean now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

(Whats the word for disliking ignorant and foolish people?)

Common sense? ( 2 words lol ), We all fall into the trap sometimes and entertain them with a conversation hoping they see reason, fruitless exercise. I am trying to work on being less triggered.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

originally posted by: amazing
In the REAL world, misandry it doesn't matter.

In all my decades of living in dozens of states, countries, and working in dozens of jobs and businesses, and helping on dozens of organizations and associations and boards of directors and everything. I've never met a woman that hated a men in general in any way that would effect/affect my life in anyway.

What make believe land do you guys live in? LOL

Hey, I'd love to discuss with you. I'm just wondering, what you do mean by misandry does not matter? Any clarification would be immensely appreciated.

I'm just saying that I've never met a woman that hated men that had an affect on my life.

I've met some hard core lesbians that didn't seem to like me and I've met some women that were victims of terrible abuse that were angry and in some way some of that seemed to be directed at me and men in general, and I've met some feminists that seemed to want to dissect some of the things I said a little too much and seemed not to trust or like me, but...those were the exceptions and at the end of the day, It didn't have any negative impact on my life.

Therefore, Misandry being the (basically) opposite of ontogeny. How does Misandry have any negative effect on any man's life?

If it is negatively effecting your life, then... a. You're getting upset or all worked up over nothing and you need to take a breathe let it go and move on. B. If it's your wife it's time to get a divorce and move on. C. If it's your family members, you need to love them and give them room and push them out of your life so that their negative attitude doesn't effect you. D. If it's a coworker you need to ignore and do you work or get another job. E. If it's your boss, quit and find another job. D. Neighbor..ignore them and go about your life. E. Teacher. Move to another class, finish up that term and forget them or just let it go and do your homework and move on.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

Bottom-line, people need to simply not say such things and should be kind and respectful to one another

Thank you for such a well thought out post. What I think no one has mentioned is that before one attaches a label as misogynist a pattern of similar derision over a period of time would have to be discovered before the label could be applied. In other words a one off statement by either male or female - no big deal.

We are guilty of labeling people by their comments without taking a 2nd thought, as if their whole makeup and past experiences and what makes them human rests solely on that one utterance that offends us.

We often discuss the office dynamics, between my wife and I , that you mentioned and see that some women to a large degree play that hypocritical game.

it's a little different. No one is listening to the misandry going on

This goes very deep and seems to be a ideology/meme, that has in essence become the unspoken norm. It fits well with a general idea that some hold that a depopulation agenda is in the works.

Thank you for a great discussion.

Aww, thanks! I'm glad I was able to post something that didn't piss people off, lol.

And, it is exactly what you're saying. Repeat offenders will be repeat offenders and at that time one couldn't really argue such a label. But for a person to say one thing that is disrespectful, instead of pointing out the simple fact that it's disrespectful, people are quick to pick a word/category by which to pigeon-hole the person in to make them look even worse than they might actually be.

It's sad. I'm happy that most men I have met know misandry to be an unfortunate truth,but are laid back enough to the point where it doesn't bother them as they realize there's bigger fish to fry. But I still know some men that are belittled by women on a daily basis and obviously grow tired at being made to feel inferior because some feminist thinks all men are potential rapists.

It's sad. I wish I could convert all these man-bashing 'feminists' I work with and turn them into respectful 'humanists'.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: InceyWincey

I get ya, but it is so deeply engrained in my society I don't see it changing in my lifetime until we see women campaigning for equal nightclub entry charges and stuff like that lol.
More women like you seem, you see the technical sexism which no campaigning women are pointing out as inequality.
Regarding nightclubs, meh, I've grown up with that situation, I couldn't give a toss if it doesn't change in my lifetime I don't care.
It's always cost a load of money as a male to share moments with someone you meet at a club, it's the game, but it is almost the unspoken indirect exchange of money between two strangers on a night out.
Funny, it's almost the last bastion of real technical sexism lol

Exactly, exactly. I completely agree with what you're saying. It could definitely be argued as an issue, but luckily most people..or most men get that it's just a part of the game, like you said. There are a lot of men I have met and are friends with that know the game is just that: a game. They get it's silly, but it's too silly to try and start a movement based on it, lol.

Well put, I feel like you're reading my mind.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

a reply to: AndyMayhew

(Whats the word for disliking ignorant and foolish people?)

Common sense? ( 2 words lol ), We all fall into the trap sometimes and entertain them with a conversation hoping they see reason, fruitless exercise. I am trying to work on being less triggered.

Me too. This is one of my faults. I try to be the bigger person, but of course fall victim to feeding the trolls, lol.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Agreed on all points. I would like to point out that the word radical has changed meaning in the last few years.
Lo and behold I just looked it up and felt a "Mandela moment".

Notice what comes up initially on google

radical ˈradɪk(ə)l/Submit adjective

1. (especially of change or action) relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough. "a radical overhaul of the existing regulatory framework" synonyms: thoroughgoing, thorough, complete, total, entire,
absolute, utter, comprehensive, exhaustive, root-and-branch, sweeping, far-reaching, wide-ranging, extensive,
profound, drastic, severe, serious, major, desperate, stringent, violent, forceful, rigorous, draconian "radical
reform is long overdue"

2. characterized by departure from tradition; innovative or progressive. "the city is known for its radical approach to transport policy"

noun
1. a person who advocates thorough or complete political or social reform; a member of a political party or part of a party pursuing such aims. synonyms: revolutionary, progressive, reformer, revisionist; More

2. CHEMISTRY a group of atoms behaving as a unit in a number of compounds.

This is is what I always strived to be, to get to the heart of the matter, to tease the reality out of an issue.

www.dictionary.com...

adjective 1. of or going to theroot or origin; fundamental: a radical difference.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Exactly, exactly. I completely agree with what you're saying. It could definitely be argued as an issue, but luckily most people..or most men get that it's just a part of the game, like you said. There are a lot of men I have met and are friends with that know the game is just that: a game. They get it's silly, but it's too silly to try and start a movement based on it, lol.
Movement yes LMAO, that would be lame in most peoples minds! But it is deeper than that, women in nightclubs have massive power, luckily I'm well in with the females in my social circles so I get the information.
Women generally have more power than the average stupid bloke when sexual attraction cards are played.

It's always been the way and it always will be. Women have information networks which men don't, it is a good strategy when men are generally more violent and shallow.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

In the REAL world, misandry it doesn't matter.

In all my decades of living in dozens of states, countries, and working in dozens of jobs and businesses, and helping on dozens of organizations and associations and boards of directors and everything. I've never met a woman that hated a men in general in any way that would effect/affect my life in anyway.

What make believe land do you guys live in? LOL

Hey, I'd love to discuss with you. I'm just wondering, what you do mean by misandry does not matter? Any clarification would be immensely appreciated.

I'm just saying that I've never met a woman that hated men that had an affect on my life.

I've met some hard core lesbians that didn't seem to like me and I've met some women that were victims of terrible abuse that were angry and in some way some of that seemed to be directed at me and men in general, and I've met some feminists that seemed to want to dissect some of the things I said a little too much and seemed not to trust or like me, but...those were the exceptions and at the end of the day, It didn't have any negative impact on my life.

Therefore, Misandry being the (basically) opposite of ontogeny. How does Misandry have any negative effect on any man's life?

If it is negatively effecting your life, then... a. You're getting upset or all worked up over nothing and you need to take a breathe let it go and move on. B. If it's your wife it's time to get a divorce and move on. C. If it's your family members, you need to love them and give them room and push them out of your life so that their negative attitude doesn't effect you. D. If it's a coworker you need to ignore and do you work or get another job. E. If it's your boss, quit and find another job. D. Neighbor..ignore them and go about your life. E. Teacher. Move to another class, finish up that term and forget them or just let it go and do your homework and move on.

Thank you for clarifying. I do get what you're saying. It is occurring and I do think that (on both sides and for both genders) a good majority of these cases could simply be fixed by ignoring the disrespectful comments. And we could also argue that this world will most likely never change, so there's no point in discussing the topic of misandry being brought to the eye of the masses. So, I definitely see what you're talking about to a point.

The only thing I want to mention is when it comes to the workplace or in an educational setting. The problem, which I have been made aware of on several occasions by men, is that it can be possible for misandric situations to compromise the workplace/educational setting. And it, for many, may not be as simple as ignoring the person, or quitting their job to find another job, or dropping the class to find another class. If the person suffering the disrespect was a female, you can bet that if the issue was reported, something would be attempted or at least tried to be done. But, unfortunately for men, even if they wanted to attempt to come forward and report an issue like this...who knows if anything would be done. Many men feel like they'd be viewed as weak or incompetent, etc.

I'm not a male, so I don't know firsthand what they go through or how they feel, thus this is just based off of some information given to me by some male friends I have or some men I have met.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: InceyWincey

Movement yes LMAO, that would be lame in most peoples minds! But it is deeper than that, women in nightclubs have massive power, luckily I'm well in with the females in my social circles so I get the information.
Women generally have more power than the average stupid bloke when sexual attraction cards are played.

It's always been the way and it always will be. Women have information networks which men don't, it is a good strategy when men are generally more violent and shallow.

Haha, so so true. Women get the ability to say yes and no whenever they wish. And for some women, they'll say yes and then conveniently say they meant 'no' when it serves them in some fashion.

At least you understand the game, like you said. I feel bad for the men that don't. They have the common sense that should apply to the world, but when they get out there...they find out in the mind of these women, common sense and logic does not apply and therefore the poor guy is trampled over.

It shouldn't be that way, but like you said, it'll likely never change. I just hope that if people can't find a way to be honest and respectful to one another, that at least people (and men in these situations) can become aware of the game and know of it's existence before they get played.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Agreed on all points. I would like to point out that the word radical has changed meaning in the last few years.
Lo and behold I just looked it up and felt a "Mandela moment".

Notice what comes up initially on google

radical ˈradɪk(ə)l/Submit adjective

1. (especially of change or action) relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough. "a radical overhaul of the existing regulatory framework" synonyms: thoroughgoing, thorough, complete, total, entire,
absolute, utter, comprehensive, exhaustive, root-and-branch, sweeping, far-reaching, wide-ranging, extensive,
profound, drastic, severe, serious, major, desperate, stringent, violent, forceful, rigorous, draconian "radical
reform is long overdue"

2. characterized by departure from tradition; innovative or progressive. "the city is known for its radical approach to transport policy"

noun
1. a person who advocates thorough or complete political or social reform; a member of a political party or part of a party pursuing such aims. synonyms: revolutionary, progressive, reformer, revisionist; More

2. CHEMISTRY a group of atoms behaving as a unit in a number of compounds.

This is is what I always strived to be, to get to the heart of the matter, to tease the reality out of an issue.

www.dictionary.com...

adjective 1. of or going to theroot or origin; fundamental: a radical difference.

Haha, Kudos for bringing the Mandela effect into play! It's funny, though, how words can change in meaning over the decades and years. It's usually done so under the radar that most don't even notice...and it's usually done to push some new form of potent agenda to create further division, anger and opposition among the masses.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: InceyWincey

until we see women campaigning for equal nightclub entry charges and stuff like that lol. More women like you seem, you see the technical sexism which no campaigning women are pointing out as inequality.

You might be interested in reading some of the articles and the apparent agenda behind the contrived Feminism. It's not simply about giving women equal rights.

www.henrymakow.com...

It was not a large leap for a J.D. Rockefeller to go from owning the oil industry, the pharmaceutical industry, the banking industry etc. to wanting to own the whole world. Rockefeller and his foundation have been in the forefront of the population "control" and eugenics movement. Ultimately the goal is to reduce the earth's population for the simple warped reason that the less there is for you and me, the more there will be for J.D. and his cronies.

The elite just loves birth control. Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Ted Turner are among the ultra rich that have donated billions to spreading the gospel of contraception, abortion, vaccines and feminism using the United Nations and "US Aid." Rockefeller funded the invention of the pill, the IUD and owns the rights to the abortion drug RU-486. In the last 50 years, billions of public dollars have been spent on "family planning" designed to limit population by deceit and coercion, including compulsory abortion and infanticide.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Well reasoned solutions, but to say misandry doesn't exist is ignoring the subject "that shall be not discussed"

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

Well reasoned solutions, but to say misandry doesn't exist is ignoring the subject "that shall be not discussed"

Maybe you can help me with remembering this...I'm not sure where I saw it..but I'd say it was within the last few weeks, a gentlemen was being interviewed about various political topics and hot button issues and he was pointing that out..he mentioned how it has become a lot like Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter (lol..corny but on point), people lessen the importance of an actual issue by..like you mentioned above, calling the issue 'that what shall not be named/discussed'.

Ignoring certain issues may not be choosing a side, but it still doesn't help the issue.

Your post was very well put!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Thanks again for a great post. My wife is a manager of a team with 95/5% women/men ratio. She's see it first hand how women hate being caught acting out in such manner. She walks away when the "bitching" about their husbands start.
She is my best friend.

I wish men would be more "assertive" when injustice impacts on them. I know this is a stereotype example but when one has a charge of sexual harrasment thrown at them your life is finished, even if the charges were baseless and you were vindicated. The benefit of the doubt appears to go in favour of the one who screams the loudest.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

But, unfortunately for men, even if they wanted to attempt to come forward and report an issue like this...who knows if anything would be done. Many men feel like they'd be viewed as weak or incompetent, etc.

They would also unofficially be overlooked for promotion.

I find reading some of the transcript of cases where charges of female raping of men; the total lack of awareness that

"yes it is possible for a woman to rape a man"

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

and it's usually done to push some new form of potent agenda to create further division, anger and opposition among the masses.

A 1000 stars and I concur entirely

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Thanks again for a great post. My wife is a manager of a team with 95/5% women/men ratio. She's see it first hand how women hate being caught acting out in such manner. She walks away when the "bitching" about their husbands start.
She is my best friend.

I wish men would be more "assertive" when injustice impacts on them. I know this is a stereotype example but when one has a charge of sexual harassment thrown at them your life is finished, even if the charges were baseless and you were vindicated. The benefit of the doubt appears to go in favour of the one who screams the loudest.

My job is exactly like this. I am in a female dominated setting and without fail I'm constantly having to correct those in positions beneath mine that their behavior is hypocritical (I don't have to, but you know...I feel like it's my duty to call them on their b.s
..I'd appreciate if they did that with me given it was valid)

It's a shame when I'd love to get along with my fellow female coworkers but can't because they're quick to bash and hate on the very people who should be the most important to them (their husbands and boyfriends)

I'm very happy for you, even as a practical stranger to you in this virtual forum setting, that you and your wife are best friends! Major kudos to you both!
edit on 12-7-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Maybe you can help me with remembering this

Drawing a blank sorry, would make for some interesting reading

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

But, unfortunately for men, even if they wanted to attempt to come forward and report an issue like this...who knows if anything would be done. Many men feel like they'd be viewed as weak or incompetent, etc.

They would also unofficially be overlooked for promotion.

I find reading some of the transcript of cases where charges of female raping of men; the total lack of awareness that

"yes it is possible for a woman to rape a man"

Exactly, exactly! And like you said, the moment a woman accuses a man...truth or not,...she's ruined that man's reputation. And this is often occurring with men who meet women at bars. A woman and a man drink together and they initiate sex, the woman consents. But the moment she sobers up, instead of coming to the realization she just slept with a stranger and not wanting to consider herself a slut (not that a woman who does this is a slut) she will cry rape and ruin that man's life.

*cough*Lena Dunham*cough*

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

the very people who should be the most important to them (their husbands and boyfriends)

Whats worked for us for 28 years is that we rarely go out alone or have "boys only/girls only nights". We sussed onto the game a long time ago. The ones you mentioned are toxic - keep them away from your private life. They need validation and as soon as they get it from another woman in "their minds" it will tip them over into infidelity. Never mind the fact that the validation didn't even touch on the topic of faithfulness or betrayal.

Having said that, not so common now amongst my male friends, male friends would ogle women and say "woa - wouldn't I like a piece of her"; possibly also because of the age bracket (over 50's)

"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join